It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Im actually kinda curious whether GOG's bottom line has actually increased (bearing in mind their customer base is always growing) - post moving to regional pricing compared to flat pricing ?(we will probably never know).
One thing is that they entered the RU/CIS market, where they were saying before they had next to no customers. Their policy of some discounts for AU/NZ when the typical pricing there usually had huge price hikes may have helped them too, though I'm not sure how many know of it, as you see here people keep being surprised when they see a cheaper game there though that's mostly the rule lately. May have made some inroads into South America too when they started discounting some games there too. Plus of course the more expensive games and increased userbase that doesn't give a damn, since that's what they're attracting.
There's a question of sales drops in the EU for games that are more expensive, but doubt they care. It's the overall bottom line they're looking at, drawing as many customers that don't care about principles or fairness (or even much about quality of games, just make them buy crap, doesn't matter), and bending over to publisher demands.
From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

* Regional price for Oxenfree [Upcoming] is $28.89 instead of $19.99 in GB
* Regional price for Oxenfree [Upcoming] is $22.29 instead of $19.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, SE, NO, NL, MC
* Regional price for Oxenfree [Upcoming] is $14.29 instead of $19.99 in AU, NZ
* Regional price for Oxenfree [Upcoming] is $10.35 instead of $19.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
* Regional price for Oxenfree [Upcoming] is $5.29 instead of $19.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

* Regional price for Paws: A Shelter 2 Game [Upcoming] is $16.69 instead of $14.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, SE, NO, NL, MC, regCZ, PL
* Regional price for Paws: A Shelter 2 Game [Upcoming] is $15.89 instead of $14.99 in GB
* Regional price for Paws: A Shelter 2 Game [Upcoming] is $9.99 instead of $14.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
* Regional price for Paws: A Shelter 2 Game [Upcoming] is $4.49 instead of $14.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

* Regional price for Paws: Pitter Patter Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is $20.09 instead of $17.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, SE, NO, NL, MC, regCZ, PL
* Regional price for Paws: Pitter Patter Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is $19.59 instead of $17.99 in GB
* Regional price for Paws: Pitter Patter Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is $12.99 instead of $17.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
* Regional price for Paws: Pitter Patter Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is $4.79 instead of $17.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
mrkgnao: $17.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
So GOG's all into Latin America now, eh?
Good for us irmãos/hermanos ;D
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

I guess this is one of the most extreme cases of regional pricing we've seen on GOG yet.
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

PaterAlf: I guess this is one of the most extreme cases of regional pricing we've seen on GOG yet.
I think so too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it were a typo.
Perhaps it's time for another "why is that?" thread...
Post edited March 14, 2016 by mrkgnao
PaterAlf: I guess this is one of the most extreme cases of regional pricing we've seen on GOG yet.
mrkgnao: I think so too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it were a typo.
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=718&scp=gdspurio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHTP0512348&ord=&flt=tcs~Strong+Bad~&opt=n&myf=MonMar141712352016_empty_faAlvnjOcI0nJ]Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People[/url] is another contender for most extreme regional pricing on GOG ($33.19 instead of $19.99 in GB and $31.99 instead of $19.99 in RegDE).
mrkgnao: I think so too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it were a typo.
Probably a pricing error. Wouldn't be the first time (the game's base is £14.99 on Steam, while it's £19.99 here).
From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

NOTE! CHANGED Oxenfree, reg_price_full, GB: $28.89 ***TO*** $21.59
NOTE! CHANGED Oxenfree, reg_price_full, PL: $19.99 ***TO*** $22.29
NOTE! CHANGED Oxenfree, reg_price_full, regCZ: $19.99 ***TO*** $22.29

* Regional price for DEADBOLT is $5.59 instead of $9.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
* Regional price for DEADBOLT is $3.19 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $19.99 instead of $14.99 in regRO, regRS, regCN
* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $14.49 instead of $14.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, SE, NO, NL, MC, regCZ, PL
* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $14.39 instead of $14.99 in GB
* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $10.69 instead of $14.99 in AU, NZ
* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $9.99 instead of $14.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR, UA, regUZ
* Regional price for Sheltered [Upcoming] is $4.49 instead of $14.99 in RU

[Long time no see, regCN.]
mrkgnao: [Long time no see, regCN.]
Quite clear error, same 3 regions with a price a full $5 up. Probably it either was initially 19.99 and then was changed to 14.99 and forgot those or will start at 14.99 (preorder?) and then will increase and these got set too soon. Now they fixed the Oxenfree GB one fast enough (though at the same time added 2 more with higher prices), let's see about this.
mrkgnao: [Long time no see, regCN.]
Cavalary: Quite clear error, same 3 regions with a price a full $5 up. Probably it either was initially 19.99 and then was changed to 14.99 and forgot those or will start at 14.99 (preorder?) and then will increase and these got set too soon. Now they fixed the Oxenfree GB one fast enough (though at the same time added 2 more with higher prices), let's see about this.
It was 19.99 until this morning.
Post edited March 15, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: It was 19.99 until this morning.
Ah, there you have it then. Same as with the others till they were eventually fixed recently.
Something has changed in the way GOG handles cookies. I don't know what, but it now ignores all the cookies sent to it by MaGog. Since quite a bit is dependent on cookies, I have disabled MaGog's updates until I figure out how to work around it (the few things I quickly tried did not work). So for now, no updates.
mrkgnao: Something has changed in the way GOG handles cookies. I don't know what, but it now ignores all the cookies sent to it by MaGog. Since quite a bit is dependent on cookies, I have disabled MaGog's updates until I figure out how to work around it (the few things I quickly tried did not work). So for now, no updates.
What do you mean, price-related updates only? Or nothing at all?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just seen your identical post in the "What did just update?" post... :(
Post edited March 15, 2016 by muntdefems
Update:
Until this cookie issue is fixed (if it is), this thread is more or less dead. More details here.
Thanks to Ghorin (don't forget to +1 him or her), we are back in business:

From MaGog's logs for 16 March:

* Regional price for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is $64.79 instead of $59.99 in AU, NZ
* Regional price for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is $57.49 instead of $59.99 in GB
* Regional price for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is $55.69 instead of $59.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, SE, NO, NL, MC, regCZ, PL
* Regional price for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is $33.39 instead of $59.99 in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, BR
* Regional price for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is $18.49 instead of $59.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
Post edited March 17, 2016 by mrkgnao