It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I have two games to offer:

System Shock 2
Banished

I want:

Anything from my wishlist would be fine.

Both games I offer are a surplus from the free giveaways of the Big Fall Sale. I already owned both games. The codes expire on December 15th. So before they expire I will give them away for free on December 14th but I would prefer if I get something in exchange.(Either now as a trade or later from the happy recipients as a surprising compensation ;-))

Greetings
Have: EUROPA UNIVERSALIS III COMPLETE

Want: Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Possible interest in other things so long as I don't already own them here or on steam
Post edited December 12, 2015 by park_84
[Have]
Lilly Looking Through

[Want]
Gone Through (Mystery game)
Octodad: Deadliest Catch (Mystery game)
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (Mystery game)
Broken Age: The Complete Adventure (Mystery game)
Jade Empire Special Edition (Mystery game)
I have a question about trading etiquette.

Is it okay for somone to trade a gift ? (that he got by trading)
Gonen32: I have a question about trading etiquette.

Personally, I find that subject to the traders themselves. If the trader wants a game that the tradee has, as long as the trader gets what they want, I don't see much of an issue with it. It's all up to the traders.
Gonen32: I have a question about trading etiquette.

DeathArcanum: Personally, I find that subject to the traders themselves. If the trader wants a game that the tradee has, as long as the trader gets what they want, I don't see much of an issue with it. It's all up to the traders.
I agree. I think that everyone can do whatever they want with their games after each side got what he want.
But I'm asking because in the "known scammers list", under "Other offenses", some users are listed for "trading gifts".
see newer post
Post edited December 13, 2015 by Nihililix
DeathArcanum: Personally, I find that subject to the traders themselves. If the trader wants a game that the tradee has, as long as the trader gets what they want, I don't see much of an issue with it. It's all up to the traders.
Gonen32: I agree. I think that everyone can do whatever they want with their games after each side got what he want.
But I'm asking because in the "known scammers list", under "Other offenses", some users are listed for "trading gifts".
Some people are small minded is all.
Once you make a gift of something it's no longer yours to say what happens to it. It belongs to the person to whom you gifted it... it's theirs to trade, give away, destroy, play, criticize, sell, ignore etc.
Gonen32: I agree. I think that everyone can do whatever they want with their games after each side got what he want.
JunglePredator: Some people are small minded is all.
Once you make a gift of something it's no longer yours to say what happens to it. It belongs to the person to whom you gifted it... it's theirs to trade, give away, destroy, play, criticize, sell, ignore etc.
True, and I hate to get in the middle of this, but a lot of people specify, 'Have a code, only ask for it if you want it and don't intend to trade it'. It's kind of disheartening when someone agrees to that and then immediately swaps it.
Yes, you are right. You can do it. And you can take all those Christmas gifts that your family give to you and sell them on eBay (with them seeing what you are doing). You can do it. I can't, but you can do it.

tinyE: True, and I hate to get in the middle of this, but a lot of people specify, 'Have a code, only ask for it if you want it and don't intend to trade it'. It's kind of disheartening when someone agrees to that and then immediately swaps it.
It's unrealistic to think one has any control once they no longer own it.ly
If they know of someone who would rather have it & get something they like in return as well the original trader then why shouldn't they?
In a case like that three people are getting something they want to play instead of two.
Saying it's a gift & then trying to limit it is just as disingenuous as
re-gifting.

:-)
siulebuo: Yes, you are right. You can do it. And you can take all those Christmas gifts that your family give to you and sell them on eBay (with them seeing what you are doing). You can do it. I can't, but you can do it.

My sister in law takes 90% of the stuff she gets from us every Christmas and puts it in a garage sale.
tinyE: My sister in law takes 90% of the stuff she gets from us every Christmas and puts it in a garage sale.
It is OK. I only say that I can't do it because I am small minded.
tinyE: My sister in law takes 90% of the stuff she gets from us every Christmas and puts it in a garage sale.
siulebuo: It is OK. I only say that I can't do it because I am small minded.
No, I'm totally with you. :D And I despise my sister in law.

I'm trying to get to a middle ground here and I seem to be failing miserably. :P

Yes it's a gift and the receiver can do anything they want with it and it's not my place to condemn them for it. That being said, I'd rather not have anything to do with someone like that. If you are going to pawn off my generosity so be it, but you're never going to get anything from me again, that's for sure.