It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Magnitus: Sometimes, GOG's servers/CDN is under heavy load and/or slower (Timboli had that issue for a while and it eventually resolved itself).

A good rule of thumb is to compare the performance with what you get when you download a file from the browser and that will give you an idea. In the case of Timboli, if I recall correctly, it was slow in the browser too.
Well that's the thing, I checked again, and I get around 40 MB/s (megaBYTES) when downloading a gog setup via a browser. GogrepoC is still stuck at 2MB/s. It's been that way since I started using it several days ago. I even double checked my HDD speed to make sure it's not that.

I have a gigabit connection.

I wonder if Python version has anything to do with it. I'm using 2.7, as a leftover from trying Gogrepo first, but gogrepoc seems to support Python 3+.

[EDIT01] I just realised that it's actually downloading 4 files at once, so I guess my speed is 8MB/s then, but still quite lower than Galaxy or a browser. I'll try upgrading Python and see if it changes anything.
Post edited July 05, 2022 by SargonAelther
Magnitus: In the case of Timboli, if I recall correctly, it was slow in the browser too.
Yes it was, and even with Free Download Manager 5 it wasn't much faster.

SargonAelther: I wonder if Python version has anything to do with it. I'm using 2.7, as a leftover from trying Gogrepo first, but gogrepoc seems to support Python 3+.

[EDIT01] I just realised that it's actually downloading 4 files at once, so I guess my speed is 8MB/s then, but still quite lower than Galaxy or a browser. I'll try upgrading Python and see if it changes anything.
The original gogrepo.py (last version) and Kalanyr's fork are both supported by Python 3.

I never got a good or reliable download speed with Kalanyr's fork, but I believe we narrowed that down to my PC and OS, and that the fork downloads differently to original gogrepo.py.

There is a single line in gogrepo.py which can be edited (be careful to use the right line ending), that specifies 4 threads. You can change that to 1 thread if you only want one file at a time downloading.
Post edited July 05, 2022 by Timboli
Kalanyr: Please do not do full updates more than once a month or so or during Sales/Events. If you know (a) specific game(s) has/have been updated or DLC has been added then use the -ids option to specifically update that/those game(s). There's a reason it doesn't default to the full update and that's because full updates hammer the server pretty hard.
SargonAelther: That's fine. What about the Download function though. What does it do when some games are already present? Will it skip them, or will it redownload everything again?

Also I noticed that the download speeds are only about 2MB/s. Actually suspiciously around 2MB/s. Fluctuates between 1.9 and 2.1. Using a browser or Galaxy I can easily get 30+MB/s. Is something throttling it?

My library is about 10TB, so downloading it at 2MB/s will take me over a hundred days.
The download function will only download files that are updated or new (as detected by the update function). It will not download files that are already present in your save directory.

I use gogrepoc with python 2.7, as you do, and I get speeds comparable to those I get via other means (e.g. browser, steamCMD; I don't use galaxy), namely about 20 MB/s, last time I checked (I have a 250 mb/s connection). Downloading my entire library (~4TB), a year or so ago, took me 2-3 days.
Post edited July 05, 2022 by mrkgnao
Timboli: The original gogrepo.py (last version) and Kalanyr's fork are both supported by Python 3.
Really? I can see that Kalanyr's fork supports Python 3, but eddie3's original still says "Python 2.7 (Python 3 support coming soon)" under requirements.

SargonAelther: [EDIT01] I just realised that it's actually downloading 4 files at once, so I guess my speed is 8MB/s then, but still quite lower than Galaxy or a browser. I'll try upgrading Python and see if it changes anything.
Ok, so I uninstalled Python 2.7.18 and installed Python 3.10.5.

Immediately all the 2MB/s X 4 downloads went to 5-15MB/s X 4, so that matches the ~40MB/s I get from the website. Interpret that how you wish I guess. I'm not versed in Python, but this is a massive speed boost.
Post edited July 05, 2022 by SargonAelther
Hello, I've just run a full manifest update (last one was in january) with the latest gogrepoc version + mrkgnao's fix.
It ran good enough overall, despite some retries and a few exceptions.

These errors seemed quite weird, but they went away after retrying 3 hours later (with -ids), except for the warhammer skulls 2022 goodies:

--

fetching game details for batman_arkham_asylum_goty...
request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s...
xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_batman_arkham_asylum_goty_1.1_(38915)-2.bin
The handled exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "[PATH]\gogrepo\gogrepoc.py", line 693, in fetch_file_info
shelf_etree = xml.etree.ElementTree.fromstring(md5_response.content)
File "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1321, in XML
return parser.close()
File "<string>", line None
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
End exception report.

--

unexpected content decoding error fetching md5 data for setup_pixeljunk_monsters_hd_r3132_(21326).exe This error may be temporary. Please retry in 24 hours.
[3 long exceptions]

unexpected content decoding error fetching md5 data for setup_riven_-_the_sequel_to_myst_1.2_svm_no_launcher_(55114)-2.bin This error may be temporary. Please retry in 24 hours.
[3 long exceptions]

--

fetching game details for warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies...
request failed: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://content-system.gog.com/products/1883489105/users/[MAYBEMYUSERID]/namespaces/website/download?path=%2Fsecurex&amp;token=[LONGSTRING]. will not retry.
failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies/91643
fetching game details for warhammer_skulls_digital_goodies...

--

Now I'll see how the downloads are going to fare..
EDIT: all went well
Post edited July 15, 2022 by phaolo
phaolo: These errors seemed quite weird, but they went away after retrying 3 hours later (with -ids), except for the warhammer skulls 2022 goodies:
The "warhammer skulls 2022 goodies" is a broken GOG link. I reported it to some GOG forum person on the day the goodies came out, but they didn't listen.

It's one of (at least) three broken GOG links --- the other two are a Wasteland 2 "coming soon since 2014" novel and a Republique "coming soon since 2015" manual.
Post edited July 05, 2022 by mrkgnao
phaolo: These errors seemed quite weird, but they went away after retrying 3 hours later (with -ids), except for the warhammer skulls 2022 goodies:
mrkgnao: The "warhammer skulls 2022 goodies" is a broken GOG link. I reported it to some GOG forum person on the day the goodies came out, but they didn't listen.

It's one of (at least) three broken GOG links --- the other two are a Wasteland 2 "coming soon since 2014" novel and a Republique "coming soon since 2015" manual.
I see, thank you for the info. And smh for Gog.
I'd give you a +1, but rip rep..
Post edited July 06, 2022 by phaolo
mrkgnao: The "warhammer skulls 2022 goodies" is a broken GOG link. I reported it to some GOG forum person on the day the goodies came out, but they didn't listen.

phaolo: I see, thank you for the info. And smh for Gog.
I'd give you a +1, but rip rep..
Actually, I just learned that it is still quite alive (and moving) here: https://www.gog.com/forum/mysettings
Post edited July 06, 2022 by mrkgnao
Kalanyr: Please do not do full updates more than once a month or so or during Sales/Events. If you know (a) specific game(s) has/have been updated or DLC has been added then use the -ids option to specifically update that/those game(s). There's a reason it doesn't default to the full update and that's because full updates hammer the server pretty hard.
SargonAelther: That's fine. What about the Download function though. What does it do when some games are already present? Will it skip them, or will it redownload everything again?

Also I noticed that the download speeds are only about 2MB/s. Actually suspiciously around 2MB/s. Fluctuates between 1.9 and 2.1. Using a browser or Galaxy I can easily get 30+MB/s. Is something throttling it?

My library is about 10TB, so downloading it at 2MB/s will take me over a hundred days.
Existing downloads are skipped, partial downloads are resumed if possible.

There are more:

"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dv_rings_of_saturn_tales_from_the_rings/91766) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/metro_exodus/85424) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/republique/41353) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88891) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88945) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88948) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88951) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88954) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies/91643) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",

I don't have the entirety of GOG's catalog, but this is what I got last time I generated the entire manifest.
Post edited July 06, 2022 by Magnitus

Magnitus: There are more:

"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dv_rings_of_saturn_tales_from_the_rings/91766) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/metro_exodus/85424) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/republique/41353) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88891) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88945) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88948) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88951) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition/88954) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",
"Skipped File: getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies/91643) -> redirect retrieval error: expected response status code of 3xx, but got 403",

I don't have the entirety of GOG's catalog, but this is what I got last time I generated the entire manifest.
Good to know. What type of goodies are these, "coming soon" or some other thing?
mrkgnao: Good to know. What type of goodies are these, "coming soon" or some other thing?
It varies.

Repuplique is a manual announcement that realistically will never come.

Dying light is a bunch of additional dlc content that got bundled in other installers and they just added non-link dlc entries in the listing to "reassure" us that the dlc is indeed there (other GOGers who own the game enlightened me when I asked).

The Metro Exodus dead link is just a non-link entry in the extras listing called... wait for it... "Metro Exodus". I never could determine what this was about.

From what I could gather (watching the changes in the files and the disclaimer in the dlc page), Rings of Saturn "Tales from the Rings" dlc content got pulled from the extras and instead they bundled it in one of the installers, but I guess they added a non-link entry in the extras (similar to Dying Light) to reassure players that the dlc is indeed there.
Post edited July 06, 2022 by Magnitus
mrkgnao: Good to know. What type of goodies are these, "coming soon" or some other thing?
Magnitus: It varies.

Dying light is a bunch of additional dlc content that got bundled in other installers and they just added non-link dlc entries in the listing to "reassure" us that the dlc is indeed there (other GOGers who own the game enlightened me when I asked).

The Metro Exodus dead link is just a non-link entry in the extras listing called... wait for it... "Metro Exodus". I never could determine what this was about.

From what I could gather (watching the changes in the files and the disclaimer in the dlc page), Rings of Saturn "Tales from the Rings" dlc content got pulled from the extras and instead they bundled it in one of the installers, but I guess they added a non-link entry in the extras (similar to Dying Light) to reassure players that the dlc is indeed there.
I think you may be onto something... I have Dying Light with all 28 of its DLCs and on the game page I see none of those DLC. I have 5 DLCs listed under goodies as non-links, so no clue where all of them actually go.

Does that mean that these are bundled in the main game installer? Does it mean we all have a different compiled installer? There would be like hundreds of versions of it then.
On the other hand if all of these skins are bundled in the main game, how does the game know which of them are purchased? Online verification? Sigh. SO much for being DRM-Free.

I really need to install this game now and check.

[EDIT01] Apparently Galaxy can see all of these DLCs as individuals. I will try to download them and check if they come as separate installers. Regardless though, this means Galaxy can see something that the website cannot, which is a big nono.
Post edited July 06, 2022 by SargonAelther
Magnitus: It varies.

SargonAelther: I think you may be onto something... I have Dying Light with all 28 of its DLCs and on the game page I see none of those DLC. I have 5 DLCs listed under goodies as non-links, so no clue where all of them actually go.

Does that mean that these are bundled in the main game installer? Does it mean we all have a different compiled installer? There would be like hundreds of versions of it then.
On the other hand if all of these skins are bundled in the main game, how does the game know which of them are purchased? Online verification? Sigh. SO much for being DRM-Free.

I really need to install this game now and check.

[EDIT01] Apparently Galaxy can see all of these DLCs as individuals. I will try to download them and check if they come as separate installers. Regardless though, this means Galaxy can see something that the website cannot, which is a big nono.
Galaxy DLC issue you're seeing is because Galaxy splits out some DLC that's bundled together for the offline installers. It's really awkward but it's usually stuff like Supporter Pack content that's all in one Bundle for Offline DLC but selectable individually on Galaxy.
SargonAelther: .
I can see all Dying Light installers and gogrepo backed up 27 DLCs so I think it should work.