It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I definitely missed responding to stuff in the above, if you think I've missed anything important, throw it at me.
Post edited March 21, 2019 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: .
Glad to see you are still about! :D Your work on this project is such a boon to this community.
Here's a discord link to a gogrepoc channel:

https://discord.gg/yqhkFGq
Love it when I'm trying to test if there are *any* still functioning old Galaxy installers and GOG decides this is a good time to repackage some old games for the bajillionth time.

Edit -

Okay, as far as I can tell there are no remaining old Galaxy installer files available at all. .All the links are dead links. My collection is pretty extensive but I don't have all GOG files

Could a few other people try this and let me know if there are any files at all (assuming you have the galaxy installers in your manifest).

gogrepoc.py download "GOG.com Downloads Galaxy" -skipstandalone -skipshared -skipextras -os windows

(Feel free to modify for your language or the download directory )

It'd be particularly helpful for genres I have less off (Shooters , Racers, Point & Click Adventure games, Action games) and languages other than English.
I just tried and got no files. Great to see you're still working on the script, thanks :-)

Edit: Mine are only English versions (Linux and Windows) but I do have mainly point-and-click adventures.
Post edited March 21, 2019 by HappyPunkPotato
I just tried your command and there were no downloads. 1254 games in my library with shooters, racers, adventure, and action games.
I did some example of how to automate updating with gogrepo.py: https://pastebin.com/4KW2e2Bx
However, I've faced some issue - if gog servers get weird and one of lines fail - it continues forward, instead of stopping/retrying till success. Are there any bash gurus to suggest me fixes, regarding such behavior?

At the end of day, I want it to print newly downloaded files and fails into notifications (or separate logfile), but I can handle it by myself, I think
Gekko_Dekko: However, I've faced some issue - if gog servers get weird and one of lines fail - it continues forward, instead of stopping/retrying till success. Are there any bash gurus to suggest me fixes, regarding such behavior?

At the end of day, I want it to print newly downloaded files and fails into notifications (or separate logfile), but I can handle it by myself, I think
EDIT: nvm, this isn't for Linux -_-'

If python\gogrepo report errors correctly, you can use something like this (applies to a command right before it):
if %ERRORLEVEL% GEQ 1 (echo Error blabla & exit 1)
Post edited March 28, 2019 by phaolo
Gekko_Dekko: However, I've faced some issue - if gog servers get weird and one of lines fail - it continues forward, instead of stopping/retrying till success. Are there any bash gurus to suggest me fixes, regarding such behavior?

phaolo: If python\gogrepo report errors correctly, you can use something like this (applies to a command right before it):
if %ERRORLEVEL% GEQ 1 (echo Error blabla & exit 1)
set -e
It would then exit on error...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19622198/what-does-set-e-mean-in-a-bash-script
disi: [..]
Oh damn, I read batch instead of bash... sorry lol
Coming back after a while, this still seems to be the most featured working version, yes?

https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev
Kalanyr: Apparently I'm not getting notifications about posts in this thread now. I'll go poke and see if I can turn those on again.

Anyway - Yes, I'm planning a new thread but I wanted a solid launch point with written documentation for it. Various things have caused me to move that latter in the restructuring (mainly that I want a fairly solid interface that may be extended but won't break previous scripts much).

And I have a few minor things people have requested I want in there too (like suppressing pre-allocation warnings on Linux or not doing it on file systems it doesn't have benefits on if I can find a decent cross-platform way of doing that and deprecating all the Galaxy stuff* ).

gogrepoc is intended as a community project. I definitely welcome pull requests and suggestions on the GitHub.

(You'd normally be able to tell if I'm around from my repo updares but the stuff I'm currently working on and the condition stuff is in, would 100% shred your manifest , and that's not my jam, even the dev branch is intended to be usable, if a bit untested )

*Removing that isn't actually as easy as you'd think, since GOG never explicitly said that a file was common to both galaxy/non-galaxy stuff and I had to determine that by comparison). Fortunately some of the extra information I'm storing is helpful on this.

PS - On the cookie thing - This is something I've actually made a lot of improvements to on my side as part of the big thing I was working on (I've moved away from cookies all together to use the token system, which means if you get a captcha you get asked to login in a browser, using a specific URL that gogrepoc gives you and then to copy the resulting back in and it handles everything for you. Unfortunately that change isn't something I can just pull out of my current mess and drop into the dev branch (it's part of my attempts to use the Galaxy stuff rather than the website stuff as much as possible).

PS2- I'm not aware of using any libraries that only work well on Windows, if you'd like to specify those libraries you're having trouble with I'll have a look.

ETA - How do people feel about a Discord ? As a hold over measure.
Oh ok! Just saw this. Nice, thank you.

Kalanyr: Here's a discord link to a gogrepoc channel:

The invite expired by the way.
That link should be non-expiring. I get the same code when I try a non-expiring one:

I'm thinking of using this to backup my games rather than doing it via Galaxy, especially if the script can handle checking for new updates for games so I don't have to continually pay attention.

Some questions:

- I downloaded "gogrepo.py" and put it in my external hard drive. Is using an external hard drive perfectly fine? (vs. the computer's main hard drive)

- I haven't tried the script yet. When I double-click on the script, what can I expect?

- I don't want to download my whole library all at once, probably a few games a night. Is there a way to stop and start the script/downloading without big issues? (do I just close the script?) What can I expect for that?
tfishell: - I downloaded "gogrepo.py" and put it in my external hard drive. Is using an external hard drive perfectly fine? (vs. the computer's main hard drive)
Downloading only the python script itself (gogrepo.py) might be enough, but I suggest you download the "whole package".

https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc (I think you should probably use the development version, "gogrepoc")
Click on the green "Clone or Download"-button and download it as a zip file, and uncompress that zip file to any place you want. It includes also gogrepoc.py.

I guess you can run the script from the external USB drive as well. I personally run it from my C: drive (C:\gogrepoc\) and point the download/clean/verify commands to another directory on my E: drive, which is the external USB drive. I think the update command will probably work faster if the manifest file is created on your faster internal hard drive, than operating on the external drive, but up to you.

tfishell: - I haven't tried the script yet. When I double-click on the script, what can I expect?
Nothing will happen.

First of all, you need to install python 3.x on your PC (I presume Windows). Download the python 3.x installer from www.python.org and install the package, and in the installation options remember to tick the checkbox about adding python to your PATH.

Second, you need to install certain python modules or such that the script requires, using command prompt and "pip install <name>". Sorry I don't recall which exactly, they are hopefully mentioned in the readme file or the Github page, or earlier in this huge thread.

Third, running "gogrepoc.py" alone does nothing. It expects you to tell what exactly you are going to do, and possible options. AND, in Windows IIRC you have to write "python" on the command line as well. So for instance, these are the commands I usually run:

(python gogrepo.py login) this needs to be run only once, or if you lose your login cookie
python gogrepoc.py update -lang en -os windows (this creates or updates your gogrepo manifest file which contains the details of files to be downloaded)
python gogrepoc.py clean e:\gog\ (moves old and obsolete files into a separate !orphaned-directory, if there are such files in your hard drive)
python gogrepoc.py download e:\gog\ (downloads any new or changed files into e:\gog\)
python gogrepoc.py verify e:\gog\ (verifies the integrity of all your GOG installer/goodies files)

I am running the commands as an administrator on Command Prompt, just in case it is required before it can write into an external hard drive. Not sure.

tfishell: - I don't want to download my whole library all at once, probably a few games a night. Is there a way to stop and start the script/downloading without big issues? (do I just close the script?) What can I expect for that?
You can exit the download at any point with Ctrl-C, and then continue later by running the same download command. It continues from where you stopped, as long as you download to the same directory where your previously downloaded GOG games are. If you point it into an empty target directory, then naturally it will redownload everything, wheee!

If you want to download one full game at a time in a certain order, you can download single games with the -id option as well, but that probably is too much hassle, depending how many games you have.
Post edited March 31, 2019 by timppu