It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: You are supposed to be able to use an old manifest and it will update as necessary on the fly. If that isn't happening it's a bug. I suspect I forgot to account for a partial manifest when I added a feature given when it happened. I'll check and fix it.

Edit - Yup. I forgot that checking the historical data of an item may not be converted even if the current data is. Fixed it locally, so it'll roll to dev next time I update, not sure if it's worth backporting,
skimmie: I'm also using Kalanyr's branch, and I have a question (I'm probably missing something here, but I can't figure out what).

I'd like to separate the !orphaned and !downloading folders from the actual save location. Specifically, I want to downlaod and orphan onto a different drive from the actual games drive, because I don't have enough space left on my backup disk.
I tried using the 'savedir' parameter with the download command, but if I specify a different folder form the one I am running the script from (which is the root of my GOG games backup folder), it puts ALL folders (so !orphaned, !downloading, but also the games folders themselves) in the savedir folder, and starts to re-download my entire collection.
Nobody have any idea how to fix this?
skimmie: I'm also using Kalanyr's branch, and I have a question (I'm probably missing something here, but I can't figure out what).

I'd like to separate the !orphaned and !downloading folders from the actual save location. Specifically, I want to downlaod and orphan onto a different drive from the actual games drive, because I don't have enough space left on my backup disk.
I tried using the 'savedir' parameter with the download command, but if I specify a different folder form the one I am running the script from (which is the root of my GOG games backup folder), it puts ALL folders (so !orphaned, !downloading, but also the games folders themselves) in the savedir folder, and starts to re-download my entire collection.
skimmie: Nobody have any idea how to fix this?
It'd take programming changes right now, there's no facility to redirect either of those. You could use a soft link on the !orphaned folder to redirect at the file system level if you really needed a solution right now.

I am happy to allow a redirection of !orphaned but due to the way python handles stuff shunted to the OS , I don't think it would be wise to redirect !downloading to another drive (and !downloading shouldn't cause space issues since !downloading files are moved not copied.)
skimmie: Nobody have any idea how to fix this?
Kalanyr: It'd take programming changes right now, there's no facility to redirect either of those. You could use a soft link on the !orphaned folder to redirect at the file system level if you really needed a solution right now.

I am happy to allow a redirection of !orphaned but due to the way python handles stuff shunted to the OS , I don't think it would be wise to redirect !downloading to another drive (and !downloading shouldn't cause space issues since !downloading files are moved not copied.)
Hi there, and thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of soft linking yet. Could try that, although I don't really have much experience with soft linking (but I'm sure I'll figure it out).

The space issue is indeed because gogrepo downloads new updates first and then moves the old versions to !orphaned, after which I can choose to delete them. This effectively means that when I download updates, I need more space than the size of my entire collection. Since I don't update frequently, I need several gigabytes (up to several tens or even hundreds of gigabytes even) extra.
Might it be an option to provide a parameter that causes the orphaned files to be deleted instead of moved (if possible even before the update is downloaded, or, if that is not possible, after finishing the download of the respective game but before the next update starts)?
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with parentheses being treated as %28 and %29 rather than as ( and ) . For most of the games in the library that are affected, they seem to download just fine, but for 8-Bit Armies, kingdom castles and Stardew Valley they give me a 404 when trying to update and don't download.

AFAICT all the other games are downloading the way that they should be, it's just those ones. And I'm not sure that they're the only ones with the parentheses.

I'm using version k0.3a from https://github.com/kalanyr/gogrepohttps://github.com/kalanyr/gogrepo . I'm running FreeBSD for this, but I doubt it's relevant, everything else seems to work perfectly.
hedwards: Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with parentheses being treated as %28 and %29 rather than as ( and ) . For most of the games in the library that are affected, they seem to download just fine, but for 8-Bit Armies, kingdom castles and Stardew Valley they give me a 404 when trying to update and don't download.

AFAICT all the other games are downloading the way that they should be, it's just those ones. And I'm not sure that they're the only ones with the parentheses.

I'm using version k0.3a from https://github.com/kalanyr/gogrepohttps://github.com/kalanyr/gogrepo . I'm running FreeBSD for this, but I doubt it's relevant, everything else seems to work perfectly.
That is certainly odd, you're right a lot more games should have that issue if it's gogrepo causing it. Have you tried force updating those games using -ids in case it's an old issue ?

I'm recovering data from a dead computer and setting a new one up for a family member this weekend so my opportunity to dig myself is limited.
hedwards: Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with parentheses being treated as %28 and %29 rather than as ( and ) . For most of the games in the library that are affected, they seem to download just fine, but for 8-Bit Armies, kingdom castles and Stardew Valley they give me a 404 when trying to update and don't download.

Seems to be the same problem here. I'm seeing it on quite a few games and I'm running on the latest version (bash in win 10). It's been 2-3 weeks since I last updated and I don't recall seeing this problem then (although I wasn't really looking for it either).

Cigolorp: Seems to be the same problem here. I'm seeing it on quite a few games and I'm running on the latest version (bash in win 10). It's been 2-3 weeks since I last updated and I don't recall seeing this problem then (although I wasn't really looking for it either).
Can you make a list of effected games please. I probably won't get to look into it today but maybe tomorrow.
Can you show the whole error message so that I could check my library and log file too? I don't have any of the three games you listed, but I do have 1552 other games.

This is not those error messages which seem to come from "missing" Galaxy-installer versions of games?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post1621

I seemed to get quite a lot of such errors (something like 10% of my games probably), but I hope they are irrelevant errors. Or are they the exact errors you are getting? Errors like below.

10:23:02 | ( 648 / 1552) fetching game details for julia_among_the_stars...

10:23:04 | request failed: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://cdn-hw.gog.com/secure/offline/1457085654/1457085654/50219386804955752/4290/setup_j.u.l.i.a._among_the_stars_20170605_%2812513%29_%28g%29.exe?ttl=1534663383&hw_l=126&hw_token=621a1f1550ac4617535ed24e9784c684&_token=eyJhbGciOiJBMTI4S1ciLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0.ih6-OaHSQuzzF8RHpTclJN2hqQzvVhZG9TSJmpgZ84y9lxVRrEaBFA.VY3Z2SvuVaUZFzTK21kTRw.BkPpzj6xqEfiPHaOL0f-bm7USCrqNmJ_UgUegK2ceLKhbNmW-Nr0AIZ4ug9moVOpj6apzH5OqukNM-p2_7s6OsphYEhk9thkMDEvDn5SroQpKM5WjfpWIk-jhYU3pEYt6ReboeYnmJBvC6yATF9TDPSjpVtak5-Xg3q5d4Rv0IZhCAItyePJe1ME4YIZNGQxxhWrrFSAJnmYL0hWM0pCgoEzSzeipxrMyFimDA2tDpQLCFasvBqhNYeEIDG8PbKd-G3pSNTVQ0kNlG9tKfgMPrFSsv9lCriX68aWxc2D0PvYXXr1PBfLa1VlIwoOAbHWPEG92sX4k2f3zubEapSaYR4LMK7tqM_o8uD7PYDwqazwwfJZIHrJuWApe9K54h_IQlHOmFA2vS1Fz0_jj0k2wZYi8Zu5RwNffvSCjWDjsUmuzaQ9bfEZYNpEAs8qbWK2P5RJxTxusRtU5BmRVXPOm0ToNz6CpRl8H6q2PTzKQVOQJeB3itETWd3sTCFe0m1Bi3qNMFFYRxhJHCyuGQh99h9eWla8A7jtuPm1aKZkDSQOzdVo4LJim2WNNZmWLzpHNHGrKtGvPUsmgFYcSRUWzm0aAaOXO7IIrjZ22XGv8ic.omn0rt5zdxsZfAAF-e5SIQ&source=hw. will not retry.

10:23:04 | failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/julia_among_the_stars/en1galaxy_installer0

10:23:04 | request failed: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://cdn-hw.gog.com/secure/offline/1457085654/1457085654/50219386804955752/4290/setup_j.u.l.i.a._among_the_stars_20170605_%2812513%29_%28g%29-1.bin?ttl=1534663383&hw_l=128&hw_token=5c2c8bfa4cc81a5780c83720f0da907e&_token=eyJhbGciOiJBMTI4S1ciLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0.CbUJkilRzfYOBbSmJ1ta0dssbfMjiZGZ6bjQjGTdTkdbTP6fWtlt7Q.5JL5UCb-ArWd8scxEBZTAQ._jCgRijR6hUNwQAAnbrCKVEqB-owbf__4qOG5xy04f-Ah_crCF6mT9fAFI_HTP5j8j3tk_zhnwvmH6vDvU7oivsqzgCtkYQopYM7GCmbCp_fz_VKVHoHf3Th7JSLWIwUNF0RHTQw965NQ6vETi-tGn2upD-F2Jw2NuMfLEaaCDrI52VvOS3p8RY5S41SA07ZX33NHvfnyIWaW2wPHCqFuWzxhP8w06v_Eh3WNVQJzV4thYI3aJ_UvLCLknNkD8qycUf10lLUQ3T7M1CjzBt97f8h93TDiV5zc5f65Kz3SPqQ8lm8YuNsi8uoycBsEmEWEPOF7zBqqZpEU-VbS-kWUHBRiURamyWSZNNmamQegAJdMN3CfTe9c-2dRS-34J0nC5cJ9q9lc7dp7O2VBa5U9Kb32zDbJMH_UNCsEt3z_yUvo52jbZXTVRYdVacE2resQHvcMn5zd7ajZFrV_RCkYY0youDwH2WiznzMiIapCx4agI1ckOtZBjNTBqWX21rDrIfh48E9_qpT69klpYJ3pUlWGoqCMg059BiSxbRxtCQ-JudK6P-xbV8Bo8qVWYMbnCkG5Rx0EwqahQZtuMzuDXQty9Se2K38m0HeBkDnaAU.lHTYd3lsPlCgAeww4bkS4g&source=hw. will not retry.

10:23:04 | failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/julia_among_the_stars/en1galaxy_installer1
Post edited August 19, 2018 by timppu
Doing a check on my updates and interestingly this does seem to the problem with the broken galaxy installers and some patches %28 / %29 in urls isn't being handled properly. It seems the standard web format for sending %28 & %29 is not pleasing the gog servers. What is particularly weird is that I'm about 90% sure from what I remember of the update information structure that those are *internal* redirects and are just gogrepo going where GOG.com tells it to go.

I just checked via using the website. This is indeed a GOG internal issue, the internal redirects of this form are pointing to black holes. This requires an email I think.

If people who are having this issue could post the item having problems and the error link (not the long form ones but the ones like:

01:01:27 | failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/the_bureau_xcom_declassified/en1galaxy_installer3

(the long links are actually uniquely generated bound to your account, so aren't really useful except as a demonstration of what's causing the problem and I have enough examples in my logs to make the point ) so just the short links to indicate which items are borked is fine.

Edit - Side note looking at the website I see what you mean about the bundled Galaxy installers being supposed to be gone, the galaxy bundled installer links are gone replaced with the Galaxy installer stub alone (I *think* the stub probably has instructions to install the specific game after setup too) but it means all Galaxy downloads are only 1 1 MB link. Weirdly API side is still showing the full galaxy installer bundles with regular sizes. I would have put the error down to breakages while they were doing this transfer but the fact it's also breaking patches suggests there are other problems.
Post edited August 19, 2018 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: Doing a check on my updates and interestingly this does seem to the problem with the broken galaxy installers and some patches %28 / %29 in urls isn't being handled properly. It seems the standard web format for sending %28 & %29 is not pleasing the gog servers. What is particularly weird is that I'm about 90% sure from what I remember of the update information structure that those are *internal* redirects and are just gogrepo going where GOG.com tells it to go.

I just checked via using the website. This is indeed a GOG internal issue, the internal redirects of this form are pointing to black holes. This requires an email I think.

If people who are having this issue could post the item having problems and the error link (not the long form ones but the ones like:
I'll get that when I can. I'm migrating my disks, and it's taking longer than I'd expect. I won't be able to access that directory until I complete it.

This appears consistent with what I'm noticing. In going through my logs, the three I listed are the ones that are most consistent, but several other ones are sporadically affected. For example both the Witcher and The Witcher 2 appear, but not every time and not necessarily both of them. Seems to be a run by run issue that isn't exactly the same each time.
I just turned lose a full update on my library of 1375 games. This should be fun to sort through in the morning.

Edit - The *vast* majority of these errors are galaxy installers, I assume they weren't caught because GOG has more or less officially discontinued them, they need to fix their API side links to point to their new stub installers for galaxy and that would fix a lot of this.

It's the patches that are odd.
Post edited August 20, 2018 by Kalanyr
To do: Fix resumeonly so it resumes using the same resume gaps as the resumed operation. Saving after every file of a resume full update is not great.

The issue is file names with brackets in but only some (I assume ones with less testing)

Looking at the manifest the problem is mostly galaxy installers , which since it seems like they are supposed to be discontinued makes sense. They probably just need to update their API to point to the new installer stub with the game install request.

I've seen absolutely no english standalone installers effected (I assume these are the ones that are tested most).

The bizarre thing is the patches that seem to have fallen through the gaps.
Post edited August 20, 2018 by Kalanyr
GOG thinks a report of how many problems it has with Galaxy installers is to big to post.

You can find my situation report here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iixmnsps1rhw5q0/ProblemSummary.txt?dl=0

ETA - I wrote some scripts to help with sorting out the wheat from the chaff for this purpose, from logs. So if you don't want to manually sort through the logs, you can put them in a dropbox or similar and DM me the link and I'll pull out the relevant stuff.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by Kalanyr
Star Points Gemini Warlords was just updated. Seems to have fixed he patch issue. So that just leaves Mages of Mystralia for the urgent weird stuff on my side.