I am very close now to providing a release candidate.
Still a few loose ends to tidy up though, including full on testing.
I've also got to check Kalanyr's version of gogrepo.py, and make additions or amendments for that. I may release something before that though.
The FIND button now has a second choice, if you hold down CTRL while clicking. You can search with 'contains' rather than 'starts with'.
I've also added a LAST button, which does a similar find process, working backwards through latest games added to the manifest, and jumping to each with a click. If you hold down CTRL while clicking, it starts over.
I finally found time and remembered to develop some code to sanitize game names, to prevent errors in the INI database I use. I use an INI file because it is quick and simple and easy to troubleshoot. But even if I had gone XML or SQL instead, I would still have needed to do some sanitizing of entries. That removes characters like trademark sign and other troublesome ones, including converting foreign ones to English. Hopefully that last won't impact users from non English countries. All 976 game titles in my GOG library are now dealt with properly, and hopefully that will be the same for other users of GOGRepo GUI.
I've made some other changes to the various windows, especially the Queue window, to give proper support for verifying after each download. I haven't enabled it yet, but you will eventually be able to set verification options on a per game basis.
Auto Start is disabled for my version of DOWNLOAD ALL, but you are immediately taken to the Queue window, where you can click START. The program also enters a DOWNLOAD ALL state, after you populate that option, and remains that way, even after a program restart, until you have completed DOWNLOAD ALL or clear the list on the Queue window. You can still use some options on the main program window, including adding single titles to the download list, in case you have removed any etc. Main Window Download ALL Window Queue Window
Some of you may note the UPDATE Selected
button has been removed on the Queue window, and replaced by a relocation of the Languages field. The 'Game Files' checkbox is also relocated and renamed to just 'Game'. The OS field now shows what can be downloaded per game, so it is wider. NOTE
- The language and OS options are set when you do an UPDATE, and you cannot change them for downloading via the download options, so I only have them displayed for informative reasons. You can however, elect to download Game Files and/or Game Extras ... though I have yet to enable being able to do that on an individual game basis (currently it uses what is set for all).
As you can also see with the Queue window, I have reduced the height of the Download lists, to accommodate the Verify options, which as I said above, you will eventually be able to change on an individual game basis.
Mostly what I have left to do now, is adding more information to dialogs and making sure all errors are dealt with. I also need to add a check for an Internet connection every time 'gogrepo.py' is used. And of course, I need to check if the queuing works as planned.
I'm also nursing a long time big toe injury on my left foot, which has been plaguing me a lot lately ... not been having it elevated enough, and alas I am not setup to use this PC while it is elevated, so it has been slowing me down in recent times. Still, we are very close to the end now.