It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm excited about what Winter sale bring us.

Most probably will be 14th as other users said.
high rated
argamasa: I'm excited about what Winter sale bring us.

If you don't expect much, then you will never be disappointed.
Major sales today no longer seem like the great events of yesterday. At least price-wise. We can see many games not being offered at a lower price than they had been outside the major regular sales. Some times the discount is even smaller!
I will certainly browse the games and most likely buy one or two. Or three. But I am not holding out for a "Oh boy! Christmas arrived early this year!!" kind of moment.
high rated
Gede:
It's Christmas, time of illusions :)

Black Friday tend to be a better sale on discounts, but i expect 4-6 free games (that probably i have it), byob's, flash deals and a weekend of insomnia games.

A ton of newsletter codes, of sure, and Elderborn free for everybody!
argamasa: It's Christmas, time of illusions :)
Hehe. True.

If I get one game for free that I didn't already have and I consider trying it out, then that is already a win for me.
Sadly GOG seems to pick gifts by selecting randomly from my owned games collection.
argamasa: I'm excited about what Winter sale bring us.

Gede: If you don't expect much, then you will never be disappointed.
1000 copies of GOG RPG Bundle?
^^ @Gede - Which speaks to how much GOG needs some fresh notable content. I remember when Skyrim landed. It was like a nuke had been set off here! Something like Far Cry 3 and 4 would spice up GOG. Those are getting to be pretty old games now.
syscrusher: ^^ @Gede - Which speaks to how much GOG needs some fresh notable content. I remember when Skyrim landed. It was like a nuke had been set off here! Something like Far Cry 3 and 4 would spice up GOG. Those are getting to be pretty old games now.
While there are many game releases that would be welcome, I can only imagine Rockstar releases resonating like Skyrim.
high rated
syscrusher: ^^ @Gede - Which speaks to how much GOG needs some fresh notable content. I remember when Skyrim landed. It was like a nuke had been set off here! Something like Far Cry 3 and 4 would spice up GOG. Those are getting to be pretty old games now.
People are too desensitized currently. Over the past few months we got Fallout 4, two Sony games and GoW2018 confirmed, Quantic Dream games, and before that we got the Yakuza games and I think Dawn of War 2. And various lesser but still significant titles like Boiling Point, Betrayer, Heroine's Quest, Dungeon Guardians, Hardspace Shipbreaker, etc.

We need a few months of nothing special and delicious suffering to make us appreciate new AAA games. ;-)

But we won't get those Far Cry games until Ubisoft lets us have them.

kai2: While there are many game releases that would be welcome, I can only imagine Rockstar releases resonating like Skyrim.
Based on the community wishlist, I think there are many games that could still make a major splash. Of course legal issues are almost always the holdup.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#order=votes_total
Post edited December 08, 2023 by tfishell
Yeah I agree with tfishell. I admit that I personally believe that the only "major" release during the winter sale will be God of War, however I also believe that there would be nothing wrong with that.

It might feel a bit anticlimatic since it will not be a surprise (it might not be official that it will drop during the winter sale but we all know that is when it will release) but that should not take away from what an event it is that GOG has managed to convince Sony to release genuine, critically acclaimed AAA games in the store, with the implication that hopefully more are coming. I freely acknowledge that I did not see that coming. I figured that Horizon Zero Dawn would be a one and done. Sony another publisher content in not releasing there games here. I genuinely do not know how GOG managed to pull them back in and I was was incredibly happy when Days Gone was released. And not just because of the game itself, but also due to the fact that Sony was coming back. And getting Uncharted and (likely) God of War already is beyond my expectations.

That is not to say that I will be unhappy if GOG does come with some nice surprises this winter :) There are quite a few things that I have my fingers crossed for the new year. For example Hades would be an instant purchase for me even at full price and SEGA releasing a bit more of their library would be amazing. But as said even if GoW is the "only" major release, whether because no other major deal has been sealed or because they are saving it for the next major sale, it would be more than enough to make me really happy. Because that is a huge achievement.

And my guess is that the winter sale will start on the 12th :)
tfishell: People are too desensitized currently. Over the past few months we got Fallout 4, two Sony games and GoW2018 confirmed, Quantic Dream games, and before that we got the Yakuza games and I think Dawn of War 2. And various lesser but still significant titles like Boiling Point, Betrayer, Heroine's Quest, Dungeon Guardians, Hardspace Shipbreaker, etc.
I agree, this has been a great year. :)

GoW2018 will most likely be the big game drop of the winter sale. Personally I'm hoping for other notable releases during the sale as I'm not that fond of the new God of War games. :P
More Sega games would be neat. :)
Post edited December 09, 2023 by NuffCatnip
argamasa: Black Friday tend to be a better sale on discounts, but i expect 4-6 free games (that probably i have it), byob's, flash deals and a weekend of insomnia games.
This! Same here. That's the (Christmas) spirit! :)
After decent Black Friday sale I also expect this Winter Sale to be exciting. I'm already rebuilding my budget while waiting for it :)
I am still hoping for Hades some day. Or Portal 2. That would really make the year!
I'd like the new System Shock remake to go on a real sale for Christmas.
I got a three wishlist emails today, although I'm fairly sure at least Coromon has been on sale for several days. The last few time I got weekend wishlist emails (not counting the occasional single game) have been bigger sales, although I also got some weekend wishlist emails on September 23 (actually that was the 15th anniversary sale, not on the list and they only said "900+ bargains" but still something). July 22 was another, not a particularly large sale but still it looks like there was an indie sale that was a bit larger than the regular weekly. Possibly it is triggered by the relatively large number of games already on sale rather than some special sale mode.

Daily deals are ending 3pm Poland time which is not an unlikely time to start a big sale, although I don't think that has been reliable either recently and I think they often start somewhat earlier. Still, I'll guess it starts tomorrow at 3pm CET.
I always assumed it would be tomorrow based on the dates in years past. And we know GOG knows it's best to beat Steam to the punch.