It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

my name is grompy catte: Got to disagree with you there. It's the fact that Vitek was the one counterclaiming that lent credence to his claim. If Scene was the town doctor there would have been very little reason for scum!Vitek to CC. And vice versa, if Vitek had for some reason claimed first and was counterclaimed by Scene I would have leaned towards believing Scene.
Catventurer: I apologize as I really did not make myself clear, which is entirely my fault.

I only mean that we shouldn't be wasting time debating if Scene made a legitimate claim when he said that he was the Town Doctor. Dedo confirmed that Scene's role was Mafia JOAT. Since Dedo is the guy in charge of the game, we should be treating it as a fact that Scene is Mafia JOAT and not entertain any suggestions that Scene was the Town Doctor.

What is dodgy is that we have Frost soliciting advise from Scene AFTER Scene is lynched and confirms himself to be mafia-aligned. No amount of engaging in revisionism is going to change this.
Fully agree there.

Catventurer: Another thing with Frost, he is not stupid:
Post #532 Frost - razza is a she BTW and most likely Joe's daughter
Post #533 Pooka - if true, didn't know joe was a dad!
Post #534 Dedo - WTF JOE!!
Post #543 Catte - link to image of guy spitting out liquid in shock.
Post #547 Joe - our secret's out sweetheart :0 (to Razza)

Frost has been around for two games now, and he figures this out before people that have been playing with Joe a lot longer?
Ahh... sorry to ruin the joke, but it's not true. I've known Joe in real life for around 20 years and if he has a daughter he's kept it super secret, hence my spit-take. Anyway, I'm pretty confident (like 99.99% certain) Razza is not Joe's daughter. Frost is not the True Detective you consider them to be unfortunately.
Woohoo, dedo's going away. Let' riot!

Catventurer: This is our roles:
(✿ˆUˆ)(●U●)❤

This is Vitek telling anyone accusing me to back off:
( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
<3

JoeSapphire: did you think i was likely town before you got the result?
Mybe, mybe not. I thought it would be nice to have confirmation.
You didn't deserve my protection after being meanie to me, but i also knew it is the most useful one so I made compromise and protected you indirectly.

Catventurer: I am recognizing that Joe and I could be mixed Mafia/Town.
You are supposed to be lovers and you wish his death. Wow, so toxic.

detective_razza: i don’t suspect lift due to evidence from my night action but i could just be naïve and not be aware of any scum roles without a kill ability.

i don’t really want to kill the lovers, even if joe is being a lil susssssssssyyyyyyyyyyy
Why'd you choose Lift for your investigation when you suspected Frostburn most of all?

my name is grompy catte: Interesting! Either:

1. The no-kill was due to successful protection = CatV is town, therefore telling the truth about role. Mafia wouldn't have attempted to kill CatV if Joe was also mafia, which would clear both lovers.

2. The no-kill was due to Dedo skipping the mafia's night kill due to the mod-kill the previous day. I still find it really interesting this was Frost's first thought.

3. The no-kill was the mafia voluntarily skipping the kill to either mess with us or as a mercy (assuming DK was town here).
Do you, like, consider each of these as likely as the rest? Don't you have any favourite you consider more probable and some you find unlikely?
It's weird to list those option but not give your opinion at all.

my name is grompy catte: As for the rest, I agree that we can't rule out Frost being mafia just because Pooka has been relatively townie seeming. They could both be scum with Pooka just doing a better job of hiding.
You seem to be a bit too much fixated on them being scum team and not looking on any other possibility.
What do you make of the fact, Pooka crumber right at te start of the game? Joe mentioned it to you, but you seemingly skipped it.
VOTE COUNT (up to #572)

Catte 1 - Microfish_1 (#522)

Ambiti0nZ and FrostburnPhoenix (MARKED BY YOG) - they have to list a favorite song + its performer in each post until the end of D2 (assuming survival till then) or get devoured (mod-killed). It can be any musical piece, it doesn't have to feature spoken word.

Closest to lynch - Catte at L-5. It takes 6 to lynch.

Not voting - JoeSapphire, Lifthrasil, FrostburnPhoenix, Catte, Ambiti0nZ, Catventurer, detective_razza, Vitek, PookaMustard

Day 2 will end in approximately 3.5 days.
JoeSapphire: did you think i was likely town before you got the result?
Vitek: Mybe, mybe not. I thought it would be nice to have confirmation.
You didn't deserve my protection after being meanie to me, but i also knew it is the most useful one so I made compromise and protected you indirectly.
so it was a conscious High Risk-High Reward tactic?
JoeSapphire: so it was a conscious High Risk-High Reward tactic?
Risk of what? I expected to die or be blocked anyway, so I was not bothered much by the choice and chose someone I considered town and likely to be selected.
CatV was confirmed in my eyes and their death could possibly cost us 2 townies sothey were quite apparent target. If you were mafia, I knew CatV won't get likely hit so I wasn't preventing death of mafia, I would only waste my ability but if you were both town, he was very likely target.
As for picking anyone else, it would be much more shot in the dark, except for protection of myself but what good is doc that doesn't try to save people??
If vig decided to take you out, I would hope you will be the one to get hit. :-) Stopping vig kill was the only risk there I guess and as I didn't want Cat to die, I was willing to risk it..

Why are you so interested in it?
Vitek: Why are you so interested in it?
It's hard not to have doubts!

It was a lucky save: You had to guess that the mafia would not go for you, that they would choose to target the lovers, and that they would choose that lover.

It's also a little difficult to believe that they would target the lovers - Catv did a great job yesterday and is almost certainly town, but he's got me weighing him down. I doubt the mafia is particularly intimidated by me. And you were all queueing up yesterday to point out that if the lovers survive a few nights it'll start to look really suspect.

And a little hard to think you'd protect Catv with the uncertainty of me attached to him too, but your explaination makes sense I guess.

So either something different prevented a kill (I'm not inclined to think so because there's not many places for that to come from on town's side. A Mafia Poisoner is a possibility but I guess not worth panicking about now.

Or it's you and Catven and you high-risk-high-etc counterclaimed scene and faked a doctor save to clear him.

But that's really flippin nuts. But still I wanted to probe that a little. Your response seems fine?

So I think we should trust the evidence as it appears at the moment and focus on Lifthrasil, Catte, Ambiti0nZ, detective_razza, Microfish_1.

I think in terms of town-scum i'd put them

town
razza
catte
AZ
lift
fish
scum

but i'm pretty ??? about all of them. Micro's votes have a bad look.

Can anyone remember what neighbours and siblings means? I remember in that infamous game me and gogtrial claimed siblings instead of lovers because it was to do with having town confirmation. I could look it up yeah but
my name is grompy catte: Yes. As long as you're both claiming to know for sure that the other one is town then your alignments are tied together. The thing is, you aren't close to being townie enough to make up for how scummy Frost looks. You'd look townie in isolation, but I'm sorry to say Frost drags you back down to the middle. Nothing you have done totally precludes you being mafia.
Yeah, putting my vote on scene as early as the middle of D1, and early enough that I literally STARTED the wagon on him, and actively campaigning people to hop on his wagon to great difficulty so he could be lynched, TOTALLY isn't shooting myself in the foot if I shared the same team as him.

Seriously, do you think I of all people would happily and actively bus a scumbuddy the way I did? On D1? On D1 I don't even have to lift a finger, the general pattern is Town fucks itself and scum nom some popcorn and watch. It was more strategic for Mafia Pooka to turn the other way. Maybe even bus Frost if he's also a scumbuddy, as he was the wagon that picked up pace faster than scene's did and ultimately looked scummier than scene.

If what I did on D1 wasn't "close to being townie enough" for you, I don't know what is.
JoeSapphire: It's hard not to have doubts!

It was a lucky save: You had to guess that the mafia would not go for you, that they would choose to target the lovers, and that they would choose that lover.

It's also a little difficult to believe that they would target the lovers - Catv did a great job yesterday and is almost certainly town, but he's got me weighing him down. I doubt the mafia is particularly intimidated by me. And you were all queueing up yesterday to point out that if the lovers survive a few nights it'll start to look really suspect.

And a little hard to think you'd protect Catv with the uncertainty of me attached to him too, but your explaination makes sense I guess.

So either something different prevented a kill (I'm not inclined to think so because there's not many places for that to come from on town's side. A Mafia Poisoner is a possibility but I guess not worth panicking about now.

Or it's you and Catven and you high-risk-high-etc counterclaimed scene and faked a doctor save to clear him.

But that's really flippin nuts. But still I wanted to probe that a little. Your response seems fine?
I love how incredous you sound about the possibility of me making successful save. :-)

As I saw itat that moment, mafia just lost at least 1 of their team members so they wanted to even the odds a bit and take out 2 townies at once.
I can't say I didn't expect CatV to be the main proponent of your lynch Today.

JoeSapphire: Can anyone remember what neighbours and siblings means? I remember in that infamous game me and gogtrial claimed siblings instead of lovers because it was to do with having town confirmation. I could look it up yeah but
I think the siblings you calimed were more-or-less just masons. Each of you confirmed to each other. I think it is just other name for masons. Neighbours are someone who can talk to each other but know nothing of the alignment of others. There is even neighbouriser role that creates new neighbours.
my name is grompy catte: Interesting! Either:

1. The no-kill was due to successful protection = CatV is town, therefore telling the truth about role. Mafia wouldn't have attempted to kill CatV if Joe was also mafia, which would clear both lovers.

2. The no-kill was due to Dedo skipping the mafia's night kill due to the mod-kill the previous day. I still find it really interesting this was Frost's first thought.

3. The no-kill was the mafia voluntarily skipping the kill to either mess with us or as a mercy (assuming DK was town here).
Vitek: Do you, like, consider each of these as likely as the rest? Don't you have any favourite you consider more probable and some you find unlikely?
It's weird to list those option but not give your opinion at all.
I guess I listed them in what I perceive as order of likelihood, I should have been clearer.
1 is the obvious reading of the situation, 2 is an interesting alternative provoked by Frosts's musings and 3 is fairly unlikely.

Vitek: You seem to be a bit too much fixated on them being scum team and not looking on any other possibility.
What do you make of the fact, Pooka crumber right at te start of the game? Joe mentioned it to you, but you seemingly skipped it.
Yes, I'm aware I may be tunelling a bit. I remember starting reading Joe's post and immediately thinking "But what about daychat?" and then I saw Joe brought daychat up and I got distracted by something else. The magical thing about breadcrumbs is that they don't require any commitment if you do it right. Scum!Pooka could have just had a wild idea and thrown the breadcrumb in not knowing if he'd go with that claim or not.

Anyway, I'll try and spread my focus today because I don't think this theory is a sure thing by any means, I just don't want to rule it out.

JoeSapphire: but i'm pretty ???
Yes, you're pretty.

PookaMustard: Yeah, putting my vote on scene as early as the middle of D1, and early enough that I literally STARTED the wagon on him, and actively campaigning people to hop on his wagon to great difficulty so he could be lynched, TOTALLY isn't shooting myself in the foot if I shared the same team as him.

Seriously, do you think I of all people would happily and actively bus a scumbuddy the way I did? On D1? On D1 I don't even have to lift a finger, the general pattern is Town fucks itself and scum nom some popcorn and watch. It was more strategic for Mafia Pooka to turn the other way. Maybe even bus Frost if he's also a scumbuddy, as he was the wagon that picked up pace faster than scene's did and ultimately looked scummier than scene.

If what I did on D1 wasn't "close to being townie enough" for you, I don't know what is.
I mean... the scumbuddy in question is Scene.

>_>

<_<

I'm just saying, it's not exactly uncommon for Scene to be a D1 lunch. I'd be quick to put some serious distance between us if I was on the same team as him.

So, in terms of other people who might be scum, AZ is seriously flying under the radar. I have very little read on him at all. Obviously he was absent for a large part of D1 but I'd hope to have a bit more of a read for the time since he came back.
Because it makes much more sense to cut it into separate post!

JoeSapphire: town
razza
catte
AZ
lift
fish
scum
Right now I am oon the Microfish train as well.
If you have razza as towniest of the possible suspect, do you give any weight to his claim that he basically copped Lift and it came up negative?
Vitek: If you have razza as towniest of the possible suspect, do you give any weight to his claim that he basically copped Lift and it came up negative?
oh yes she says lift doesn't have a killing role. okay sure.

is there point in razza not giving us all the details of this night action? we may as well learn what action she used on lift and what the result was, right?

this reminds me of when she learned to ride a bike without stabilisers. I was so proud of her!
Catventurer:
FrostburnPhoenix: Correcting another newbie looks scummy?
I am thinking that you don't understand why you look mafia and not town. It has nothing to do with you targeting me or correcting someone. It is entirely how you have been playing overall.

However I've only been up for about 20 minutes now, and there's a few things that I need to get to - so this will be the topic of discussion when I reply again to you.
- What you are doing that makes himself look mafia-aligned.
- Why this is bad for everyone if your alignment is town.
The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

my name is grompy catte: Fully agree there.
Me saying that I was considering something to be a possible slip, but deciding it is most likely a lie, is scummy? How?

What was the "great betrayal" about then? (Don't bother answering. I'm kinda monologuing.)

JoeSapphire:
Neighbors have night chat.
Masons have night chat and confirmation.
Lovers have one life.
Siblings have one life and confirmation.

Vitek:
Killing the lovers right now does seem like a bad move though. I'd personally let them sit there and kill them for checkmate. Although that's not considering how the lovers dying makes people look, which is not a minor point, it'd probably make me look bad for example.

No. See above.

JoeSapphire:
I'm not sure what role finds that information. Gunsmith maybe?

Only razza would know that.

So it is a joke then?

Catventurer:
I Look forward to it.
Bleh, I am dead. Third day in row where it's around 36 degrees most of the day and I can't go on anymore.

JoeSapphire: oh yes she says lift doesn't have a killing role. okay sure.

is there point in razza not giving us all the details of this night action? we may as well learn what action she used on lift and what the result was, right?
I think it told us info we needed. If we don't aim to scrutinize razza to find some discrepancy and brunch her, it should be enough for town.

JoeSapphire: this reminds me of when she learned to ride a bike without stabilisers. I was so proud of her!
You are great dad. I am proud of you both.
Vitek: If you have razza as towniest of the possible suspect, do you give any weight to his claim that he basically copped Lift and it came up negative?
JoeSapphire: oh yes she says lift doesn't have a killing role. okay sure.

this reminds me of when she learned to ride a bike without stabilisers. I was so proud of her!
oh my god, the good old days :’)) it felt so freeing as i flew down our quiet little street by myself for the first time…

also i didn’t want to give away, but everyone else has so xD yeah, i’m town gunsmith as frost suggested- i ‘investigated’ lift to see if people’s suspicions were right, but it came back negative, he doesn’t have a gun so i don’t think he’s mafia.