It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Catventurer: I don't think that mafia is merciful. If that was the case, the mafia would out themselves and leave the game. Since that did not happen, let's assume that it wasn't option #3.
You're missing the part where I said it could have been to mess with us. I have *as mafia* skipped a NK for precisely that reason. When there's a town doc, roleblocker or jailer in play it can be a way to manipulate people. #3 is still the least likely, but I don't think you can rule it out so easily. Also the mafia may be evil, but there's such a thing as the spirit of fair play. Being merciful enough to skip the NK if DK was town doesn't mean they'd be merciful enough to hand us the game.

As for the rest, I agree that we can't rule out Frost being mafia just because Pooka has been relatively townie seeming. They could both be scum with Pooka just doing a better job of hiding.
VOTE COUNT (up to #556)

Catte 1 - Microfish_1 (#522)

Ambiti0nZ and FrostburnPhoenix (MARKED BY YOG) - they have to list a favorite song + its performer in each post until the end of D2 (assuming survival till then) or get devoured (mod-killed). It can be any musical piece, it doesn't have to feature spoken word.

Closest to lynch - Catte at L-5. It takes 6 to lynch.

Not voting - JoeSapphire, Lifthrasil, FrostburnPhoenix, Catte, Ambiti0nZ, Catventurer, detective_razza, Vitek, PookaMustard

Day 2 will end in just under 4 days.
my name is grompy catte: As for the rest, I agree that we can't rule out Frost being mafia just because Pooka has been relatively townie seeming. They could both be scum with Pooka just doing a better job of hiding.
it would require pooka hinting at the mason role in his first post, and frostburn picking up on it to claim

if they have daychat pooka could have co-ordinated it but still it's kinda crazy for pooka to falseclaim in first post. Also you'd think it pooka was faking it he'd try and keep options open to claim EITHER scene or frostburn as partner, but instead pooka was going strong after scene

yeah I think we should rule out frostburn and pooka being scum.
Spontaneous Me by Lindsey Stirling

my name is grompy catte:
Do you really think me, Pooka and scene could be a scum team when Pooka was first on scene and scene was first on me?

Town
-Joe
-Lift
-Catv
-DkKoba
-Vitek
Middle
-Catte
-Ambiti0nZ
-razza
-Micro
FrostburnPhoenix: Town
-Joe
-Lift
-Catv
-DkKoba
-Vitek
is this in any order?

why's lift here? did you say already?
Side Note -- The elves came back from Costco and FAILED.
The only food item that was brought back was ice cream. I'm really, really angry at the moment.
If I'm a bit short or rude with anyone, call me out so that I can apologize.

ฅ^⇀ﻌ↼^ฅ

Catventurer: 5) We can still circle back and lynch Joe (plus myself) on Day 3 on the basis that we might be Mafia/Town Lovers.
JoeSapphire: what do you make of vitek protecting you last Night?
Vitek explained this himself in post #528: "Just go look at scene's post this game and tell me if you can imagine him and CatV to be buddies." Also...

1) I think Vitek believes that we are both Town. Of the people he could protect, Vitek decided that I would be the most likely target. This would mean he thinks you're Town too!

2) I also think he's calling bullshit on anyone that is trying to suggest that I'm not Town-aligned on Day 2.

This is our roles:
(✿ˆUˆ)(●U●)❤

This is Vitek telling anyone accusing me to back off:
( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/

Catventurer: I don't think that mafia is merciful. If that was the case, the mafia would out themselves and leave the game. Since that did not happen, let's assume that it wasn't option #3.
my name is grompy catte: You're missing the part where I said it could have been to mess with us. I have *as mafia* skipped a NK for precisely that reason. When there's a town doc, roleblocker or jailer in play it can be a way to manipulate people. #3 is still the least likely, but I don't think you can rule it out so easily. Also the mafia may be evil, but there's such a thing as the spirit of fair play. Being merciful enough to skip the NK if DK was town doesn't mean they'd be merciful enough to hand us the game.

As for the rest, I agree that we can't rule out Frost being mafia just because Pooka has been relatively townie seeming. They could both be scum with Pooka just doing a better job of hiding.
Yes, I am missing that part or more accurately, I didn't see how/why the mafia would do that. Obliviously, I have not encountered mafia deliberately skipping their night actions before.

Actually, options #2 and #3 make more sense than option #1. Why would the mafia target me with my lack of night actions over people that could potentially find their alignment or hinder them. If we proceed with the thought the mafia lost their night kill - either by Dedo's decision (as Frost first suggested) or voluntarily as you suggested, then we should also assume that Koba was Town.

This would mean that we really do have two mafia left.

Here's a cat:
ᓚᘏᗢ

my name is grompy catte: As for the rest, I agree that we can't rule out Frost being mafia just because Pooka has been relatively townie seeming. They could both be scum with Pooka just doing a better job of hiding.
JoeSapphire: it would require pooka hinting at the mason role in his first post, and frostburn picking up on it to claim

if they have daychat pooka could have co-ordinated it but still it's kinda crazy for pooka to falseclaim in first post. Also you'd think it pooka was faking it he'd try and keep options open to claim EITHER scene or frostburn as partner, but instead pooka was going strong after scene

yeah I think we should rule out frostburn and pooka being scum.
I saw Frost put the claim up first that he was a Mason but that he would not out his partner. If mafia team is Scene, Frost, Pooka - Frost is obviously going to be signalling to Pooka and not Scene here. Pooka wouldn't need to hint at anything ahead of time.

ᓚᘏᗢ

People who did not vote for Scene:
FrostburnPhoenix 2 - detective_razza (#320), Lifthrasil (#331)
Lifthrasil 1 - DkKobaPL (#211)
Not voting - Microfish_1

In terms of voting, I'd give Lift the benefit of the doubt as his health emergency would have put in a position where vote changing would not be feasible. However that doesn't mean that Lift or Razza were wrong considering that Frost created debate around himself on Day 2. It would be nice to know why they suspected him.

Also why didn't Microfish vote? Again, I'm not going to vote for someone just because they didn't vote. It would just be nice to know if the issue was that he suspected too many people (and if so, who?)

For lack of better suspects, I'm currently willing to go with Microfish (as Joe suggested.) That doesn't mean that Frost is completely off the hook as I'm still willing to vote for him if most want to go that way.
Catventurer: People who did not vote for Scene:
FrostburnPhoenix 2 - detective_razza (#320), Lifthrasil (#331)
Lifthrasil 1 - DkKobaPL (#211)
Not voting - Microfish_1

In terms of voting, I'd give Lift the benefit of the doubt as his health emergency would have put in a position where vote changing would not be feasible. However that doesn't mean that Lift or Razza were wrong considering that Frost created debate around himself on Day 2. It would be nice to know why they suspected him.
hi! i was voting frost because at the time, and even now, i just think their posting’s a little all over the place- they also seemed to be backing scene (i could be wrong, but i remember that, just like koba was), they also vote without giving reasons and hmmmm idk how to feel about that. they haven’t made themselves look too good today about backing the lynching lovers stuff and reasons that others have already pointed out.

however!! i was also just offline during the end of D1, and had a been online i would have most definitely definitely voted scene after the doctor claim- that was just ridiculous after vitek’s claims xD
my name is grompy catte:
FrostburnPhoenix: Do you really think me, Pooka and scene could be a scum team when Pooka was first on scene and scene was first on me?
Yes! I'm sure that the people playing on GOG longer than I have use a different term but where I used to play, we would say that you're giving each other alibis and trying to look like enemies. There's some suspicious facts that are not in your favor (on top of your erratic behavior) -
1) When the Frost wagon got up to six votes, Scene jumped off.
2) He could have stayed put and let you get lynched, but he didn't.
3) Scene changed his vote to join you in voting for Vitek.

4) When Scene got up to six votes and needed just one more vote, it was obvious that you did not want to change your vote from Vitek to Scene:

Post #426 Dedo (vote count)
Post #435 Frost: I'm not a fan of lynching scene at all. Is there a reason he is policy lynch and I am not?
Post #444 Catte: Being counterclaimed isn't enough?
Post #448 Frost: Vitek counter claimed at a time when he looked to be the D1 lynch.

I'm pretty sure that Vitek never got anywhere close to being lynched, but I will double-check the vote count from Day 1.

Post #454 Frost: Sure, let's lynch 90% town. (This is where you finally vote for scene, putting him at 7 votes.)

5) After Scene announces that he is in fact mafia, you ask Scene if Joe or myself are mafia then decide for yourself that his non-answer is confirmation that we are.

Post #468 Scene: Well done guys. You've lynched yourself a Scum.
Post #472 Frost: So one of them is scum?
Post #474 Frost: Scum. (to Joe)

I mean what would you say if following happened:
1) Scene tells you, "yes both"
2) You manage to successfully get Joe/myself lynched on day 2 based on misinformation
3) Dedo reveals Joe/myself to both be Town Lover

On Day 3, would your entire defense be "Scene said they were mafia, so it must be true! I still don't believe they're not mafia or that they have the Lovers role." The fact that I can even imagine you saying that is a problem.

Catventurer:
detective_razza: hi! i was voting frost because at the time, and even now, i just think their posting’s a little all over the place- they also seemed to be backing scene (i could be wrong, but i remember that, just like koba was), they also vote without giving reasons and hmmmm idk how to feel about that. they haven’t made themselves look too good today about backing the lynching lovers stuff and reasons that others have already pointed out.
I was just curious about your perspective. Thank you very much! :)
FrostburnPhoenix: Do you really think me, Pooka and scene could be a scum team when Pooka was first on scene and scene was first on me?
You never heard of distancing? I'm not saying it's a sure thing you're scum, I'm just not comfortable ruling it out.
Trancendence by Lindsey Stirling

JoeSapphire: is this in any order?

why's lift here? did you say already?
I Used the same order as the list of players post #2.

Because I ISOed him N1 and he seemed very genuine. No I didn't.

Catventurer:
If Dedo decided that modkills prevent nightkills then I imagine that would be the case regardless of alignment?

Pooka breadcrumbed, so whether you think they would need to hint at being mason or not, they actually did.

detective_razza:
You have that backwards. scene claimed, then Vitek counter-claimed.

Catventurer:
1) When the frost wagon got up to six votes, everyone online jumped off, because I claimed.
2)EVERYONE jumped off.
3) WHAT OTHER VIABLE WAGON WAS THERE?
4) I Thought he was townie.
5) That was me reading into how he said he actually suspected you and Joe of being tragic lovers, as tragic lovers are always one town and one scum. However me and Pooka decided it was most likely a lie.

my name is grompy catte:
Leading the wagon on your scumbuddy does not sound like good distancing at all, but I guess.
JoeSapphire: why'd you unvote, fish?
because at the time I saw nothing very damning, and had gotten in trouble before for leaving an RVS vote intact until EoD1.
detective_razza:
FrostburnPhoenix: You have that backwards. scene claimed, then Vitek counter-claimed.
Okay. It's stuff like this that contributes to making people think that you look like you Mafia.

*Catventurer head slaps Frost.*

Scene was not the Town Doctor as he claimed. His role was Mafia JOAT (Jack-of-all-Trades.)
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jack-of-all-trades

Post #468 - Scene: Well done guys. You've lynched yourself a Scum.
Post #482 - Dedo: supplementscene has been lynched. He was Mafia JOAT.

I mean, it really doesn't matter what order Vitek and Scene claimed the Doctor role. The fact is that Scene was Mafia and not even a Mafia Doctor. His role claim was a complete lie. Who claimed a role first does not matter when one of them is lynched and revealed to have lied about their role claim.

Also. This is Day 1 crap. We shouldn't be discussing Day 1 crap unless it relates to why we should lynch or not lynch someone on Day 2.

Reason to lynch Frost +1: He keeps dragging the discussion into completely irrelevant directions.

FrostburnPhoenix: 5) That was me reading into how he said he actually suspected you and Joe of being tragic lovers, as tragic lovers are always one town and one scum. However me and Pooka decided it was most likely a lie.
Here's the issue.
Post #468 - Scene: Well done guys. You've lynched yourself a Scum.
Post #472 - Frost: So one of them is scum? (referring to Joe and myself)

This could be read (or misread) as, "Hey mafia pal. Should I go after the lovers on Day 2?"

Again even if you are town, I really can see you getting Joe/myself lynched and revealed by Dedo to be Town/Town Lover. However Day 3 rolls around and your only explanation for your behavior is saying, "Scene was the Town Doctor, a really good guy, and gave me the impression that they were mafia. I still believe Scene that they are mafia."

If you soliciting advise from someone confirmed Mafia, you're going to be viewed as someone who is working against the Town-alignment.

Reason to lynch Frost +1: He was treating someone as a reliable source of information after they were confirmed to be mafia aligned.

The only thing that I can say for sure about Pooka and yourself is that you are not Bastard Masons, where Pooka has been mislead by being told that you are Town-aligned even though you are a Mafia-aligned Mason. Dedo specifically states in post #1: "There are no Cults, Jesters or bastard elements."
FrostburnPhoenix: 4) I Thought he was townie.
Despite the mounting evidence to the contrary!

FrostburnPhoenix: Leading the wagon on your scumbuddy does not sound like good distancing at all, but I guess.
It's pretty much as powerful as distancing gets...

Catventurer: I mean, it really doesn't matter what order Vitek and Scene claimed the Doctor role.
Got to disagree with you there. It's the fact that Vitek was the one counterclaiming that lent credence to his claim. If Scene was the town doctor there would have been very little reason for scum!Vitek to CC. And vice versa, if Vitek had for some reason claimed first and was counterclaimed by Scene I would have leaned towards believing Scene.
Catventurer: I mean, it really doesn't matter what order Vitek and Scene claimed the Doctor role.
my name is grompy catte: Got to disagree with you there. It's the fact that Vitek was the one counterclaiming that lent credence to his claim. If Scene was the town doctor there would have been very little reason for scum!Vitek to CC. And vice versa, if Vitek had for some reason claimed first and was counterclaimed by Scene I would have leaned towards believing Scene.
I apologize as I really did not make myself clear, which is entirely my fault.

I only mean that we shouldn't be wasting time debating if Scene made a legitimate claim when he said that he was the Town Doctor. Dedo confirmed that Scene's role was Mafia JOAT. Since Dedo is the guy in charge of the game, we should be treating it as a fact that Scene is Mafia JOAT and not entertain any suggestions that Scene was the Town Doctor.

What is dodgy is that we have Frost soliciting advise from Scene AFTER Scene is lynched and confirms himself to be mafia-aligned. No amount of engaging in revisionism is going to change this.

Another thing with Frost, he is not stupid:
Post #532 Frost - razza is a she BTW and most likely Joe's daughter
Post #533 Pooka - if true, didn't know joe was a dad!
Post #534 Dedo - WTF JOE!!
Post #543 Catte - link to image of guy spitting out liquid in shock.
Post #547 Joe - our secret's out sweetheart :0 (to Razza)

Frost has been around for two games now, and he figures this out before people that have been playing with Joe a lot longer?

True Fact -- My favorite type of cake is lemon chiffon with lemon curd filling.

I'm only giving a minor fact because I feel like there isn't enough discussion going on about who we should be lynching.
The Boxer by Simon & Garfunkel

Catventurer:
Correcting another newbie looks scummy?

Yeah, obviously.

The order definitely matters.

It's not irrelevant to correct a confused townie at any time.
(BTW. the real reason I took an interest in razza's post was it sounded like they could have been instructed to say something and messed it up. Probably nothing but I have a narrow scum pool now and razza's really hard to read.)

Sure you could read it as that.

I Can't see myself getting you lynched right now at all.

I Was originally considering it a slip.

my name is grompy catte:
Yes, powerful distancing, but not favorable in my opinion.

Catventurer:
Who suggested scene was town doctor? I Didn't see that anywhere.

I Was considering if it was a slip. Not asking scene who his scum buddies are.

Thanks for the compliment.

What is the relevance of cake? Is it a euphemism for a lie or something?