It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: "dumb as a sack of straw". LOL

Great game guys, both Town and Scum. Like Lift said Role madness definitely favors Town, but Scum worked pretty well despite their low chances. All three mafiosos appeared townier than the average during most of their time in the game.

Gotta commend BTG and Engerek for playing so well in their first game, ZFR for the smart analysis, Joe and Catte for doing extremely well with their powers.

Thanks for the cool game Lift. Oh BTW I guess I won since I was technically a townie pre-game, right? Man, easiest victory I ever had. :-P
Post edited October 29, 2020 by joppo
ZFR: Wow, so we got Hunter for the wrong reason.
Huh, yeah. The way korotan said he had to lynch the vanilla and the goon implied that both were in the game. The logic you used to narrow it down to Hunter was entirely based on the fact there had to be a goon. If we hadn't thought that, hunter might have tried claiming a role and you might have ended up lynching me.

ZFR: catte, sorry for tunelling. But I really wasn't trying to prove my trap works at all costs. I was actually not sure of it myself given how neither Joe (and later Hunter) caught it, but I misinterpreted your "clearing" me and thought it an attempt at shading, so given the way I read your reaction I thought you're scum.
It's ok, when I thought I was going to be the D4 lynch I had a plan. After the hammer, I was going to go "You got me, GG town!" and post the attached pic. And then when I flipped you would see it was all sarcastic!

But I think you deserve that picture for reals given how quickly you deduced it must be hunter, even if it was based on false information.
Attachments:
Post edited October 29, 2020 by my name is vaughlte catte
my name is vaughlte catte: ...
But I think you deserve that picture for reals given how quickly you deduced it must be hunter, even if it was based on false information.
Haha good work on that picture catte :D
Lifthrasil: Catte Crazy Inventor watch trent 27, success, trent was visited by GH
Is 27 what I rolled or is that the success threshold?

my name is vaughlte catte: ...
Hunter65536: Haha good work on that picture catte :D
It's the most I have achieved during this game.

GG everyone, it good fun! Thanks for hosting Lift.
Post edited October 29, 2020 by my name is vaughlte catte
Percentage of chance of success for Catte's inventions and links to QT, please.
my name is vaughlte catte: Not really... korotan came back 3 hours after I posted that. It was day again by that point.
But they came back, is what I meant. :)
(you seemed to be inferring they wouldn't come back in short order)

+++

Hunter65536: Great game Joe, bucktoothgamer, GH and ZFR!

It was cool game Lift, thank you for modding and hosting this game :)
Thanks. I tried to do better this game, and although it was likely in part due to luck it seems some of my gambits paid off and helped lead us to a win.

(Not gloating btw....GG to y'all as well :))

+++
blotunga: Good game, people, sorry for near-snapping on D2, I probably should've handled that differently
It was tense and I stupidly tunneled a bit on you.....so it's somewhat understandable.

Also GG to you as well.
Post edited October 29, 2020 by GymHenson
joppo: Percentage of chance of success for Catte's inventions and links to QT, please.
Chat links in this Post
ZFR: Also very good game newbies Eng and bucktooth. Hope you join us next one.
Lifthrasil: I agree! That was a very good performance!

Poor bucktooth had his hiding place nightkilled twice in a row! That was pure chance, but it must have been unsettling.
I guess my PR should have been based on paranoia as opposed to cowardice, I swear they were trying to kill me!

For real: Thanks lift for modding this, and not killing me for my D1 edit.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments, although in hindsight I seem to have been a bigger threat to my own lynching than any scum. Looking forward to jumping into another game in the future.
Btw as per my post in the observer thread, here are my crumbs:
(How many did each of y'all notice? :))

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Post 13 - Mr Rogers had a mailman on his show, and I make a subtle mention of the other people on Mr Roger's show in that same post.

Post 110 - Semi hint.....pack mule shown in video link, which was iirc once used to transfer stuff like mail.

Post 171 - Drink your Ovaltine was a secret message in the film (lookup film later, forget the name atm). I am a courier or messenger. It fits :D

Post 286 - Post cards(Card Posts) is a thing mailmen or couriers would deliver.

Post 598: I near outright state I am the courier.....with the first bit, and also the flavor text is subtly talking about leaving crumbs.

(I likely posted others, but these are the ones I noted down before my note taking slacked off[due to us starting to win more and more, and the game picking up pace...which "forced" me to spend more time replying than note taking])

++++++++++++++++

bucktoothgamer: Thanks to everyone else for the compliments, although in hindsight I seem to have been a bigger threat to my own lynching than any scum. Looking forward to jumping into another game in the future.
And it was fun to have ya......good to hear you'll join us again soonish. :)
my name is vaughlte catte: Not really... korotan came back 3 hours after I posted that. It was day again by that point.
GymHenson: But they came back, is what I meant. :)
(you seemed to be inferring they wouldn't come back in short order)
I was saying they weren't likely to be back within the hour, which is the amount of time you said you'd give them. It took three hours so I wasn't wrong. :P
my name is vaughlte catte: I was saying they weren't likely to be back within the hour, which is the amount of time you said you'd give them. It took three hours so I wasn't wrong. :P
Yer right...my mistake. :)

BTW did you notice any of my crumb posts from early game? If so, which ones?

(It seems Trent noticed the ovaltine one, as he pointed it out in the observer thread)

++++++

Btw to Vitek re post 56 in observer chat: This is why people REALLY should pay attention to my posts a bit more (I mean everyone in general, not just you).....as they might be more than just fluff sometimes. ;)
bucktoothgamer: I guess my PR should have been based on paranoia as opposed to cowardice, I swear they were trying to kill me!

For real: Thanks lift for modding this, and not killing me for my D1 edit.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments, although in hindsight I seem to have been a bigger threat to my own lynching than any scum. Looking forward to jumping into another game in the future.
More like reckless than paranoid. You were the one who always wandered into place where something dangerous happened. :-)

You were participating, took part in current events and were trying to solve the game. That's good enough for me and I hope you will continue to play.
At Blot re obs chat post 59: Sorry for tunneling on ya so much and etc.....it's just that sometimes when people try to respond to my suspicions in such a way I tunnel a bit on them.....I did it with NMillar and then yourself as well. Sorry again for that.

++++

Dedo re Post 6 in the scum chat: Fallout 2? *Brofist*

(Never finished due to losing save data for many game including that one over the years, but it is pretty good)

(BTW mafia game post 357 was not a crumb or claim.....I mean not an intentional one, anyways :))

Also re scum chat post 89: Yeah, I had a plan in adding that bit as well....less as a crumb though, and more to make sure town used the courier service well(i.e. not clogging it up with dicc picz ;)).
blotunga: Good game, people, sorry for near-snapping on D2, I probably should've handled that differently
Like my family said, it is corona madness so no biggy.
To Trent re Scum Chat Post 68: Well part of it was luck in the first person we pushed to claim being yourself, and other factors came into play, but thanks for the compliment. :)

To trent re scum chat post 159: I disagree somewhat....maybe it'd be better for other places with more players willing to sign up, but here we don't wanna scare away newcomers easily by offing em in the game so early on.

++++

To trent and co.... re post 97 and 98 in scum chat: Yep, I contemplated getting NKd (or even lynched) early on as I worried my role could help scum and harm town just by me sending the wrong messages.