It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Johny.: (…)
Dear GOG Wizards,
Stellaris Complete Soundtrack is complete only if you download it through Galaxy, it is missing some tracks when downloaded from the website:
https://www.gog.com/forum/stellaris/ancient_relics_tracks_missing_from_soundtrack/post1

Please fix this, Galaxy is not an option for a lot of us as it does not exist for all systems officially supported by GOG ;)
vv221: Dear GOG Wizards,
Stellaris Complete Soundtrack is complete only if you download it through Galaxy, it is missing some tracks when downloaded from the website:
https://www.gog.com/forum/stellaris/ancient_relics_tracks_missing_from_soundtrack/post1

Please fix this, Galaxy is not an option for a lot of us as it does not exist for all systems officially supported by GOG ;)
Hi, please create a support ticket describing it. :) Thanks.
Johny.: Hi, please create a support ticket describing it. :) Thanks.
Sorry, I tried to do it but your ZenDesk instance is barely usable, and throwing Google captchas into the mix doesn’t help at all.
If there is an alternative way to open a support ticket (direct e-mail maybe?) please tell me and I’ll follow it.
Johny.: Hi, please create a support ticket describing it. :) Thanks.
vv221: Sorry, I tried to do it but your ZenDesk instance is barely usable, and throwing Google captchas into the mix doesn’t help at all.
If there is an alternative way to open a support ticket (direct e-mail maybe?) please tell me and I’ll follow it.
That's weird - sorry to hear that - for me it works perfectly. I sent the ticket for you.
Post edited July 13, 2019 by Johny.
Good news, I found out what is wrong about this soundtrack DLC!
A work-around can be found here for people that can’t use Galaxy for any reason.

And I sent you a more detailed explanation via GOG chat, hoping it might help getting a real fix quickly ;)
Post edited July 15, 2019 by vv221
Dear ladies and gentlemen.
I understand how you want everyone to play using your Galaxy client. I may not like it, but I understand it.
And I appreciate what you're doing; you're selling some great games for some nice prices. That's very kind of you.
Nevertheless, when there's a problem with your client, it's not really the best idea to make the installer that you offer for manual downloading make it possible to LAUNCH THE GAME ONLY THROUGH THE VERY SAME CLIENT THAT HAD PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Please excuse me, it kind of bothers me.
Besides, when the installer creates a shortcut to launch the game, it links to an .exe file that is NO LONGER THERE because YOU REMOVED IT SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN ONLY LAUNCH THE GAME USING THE CLIENT. Which is also not very nice.
It would be very kind of you if you give it some thinking, and a) fix the client that periodically stops noticing the games I have installed with it, and b) give the customers an opportunity to play the games without the Galaxy client.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards.
Et cetera, et cetera.
BastianWeaver: Dear ladies and gentlemen.
I understand how you want everyone to play using your Galaxy client. I may not like it, but I understand it.
And I appreciate what you're doing; you're selling some great games for some nice prices. That's very kind of you.
Nevertheless, when there's a problem with your client, it's not really the best idea to make the installer that you offer for manual downloading make it possible to LAUNCH THE GAME ONLY THROUGH THE VERY SAME CLIENT THAT HAD PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Please excuse me, it kind of bothers me.
Besides, when the installer creates a shortcut to launch the game, it links to an .exe file that is NO LONGER THERE because YOU REMOVED IT SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN ONLY LAUNCH THE GAME USING THE CLIENT. Which is also not very nice.
It would be very kind of you if you give it some thinking, and a) fix the client that periodically stops noticing the games I have installed with it, and b) give the customers an opportunity to play the games without the Galaxy client.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards.
Et cetera, et cetera.
You do not need Galaxy to play any game offline, just download the Offline Backup Installer, install your games and play them ;)
hohiro: You do not need Galaxy to play any game offline, just download the Offline Backup Installer, install your games and play them ;)
Indeed, that is the logical thing to do. So imagine my surprise when I did exactly that with Invisible, Inc and found out that a) it only can be played using Galaxy, and b) the file that the shortcut is supposed to launch literally doesn't exist.
BastianWeaver: Indeed, that is the logical thing to do. So imagine my surprise when I did exactly that with Invisible, Inc and found out that a) it only can be played using Galaxy, and b) the file that the shortcut is supposed to launch literally doesn't exist.
Sorry dont have this game to test, but this is a case for support. This could be a mistake on GOGs side or an Antivirus software, deleting some files. Usually the Shortcut in the game folder should link to the exe, If you have Galaxy installed and the game offers Galaxy features the Shortcut on Desktop starts Galaxy.
hohiro: Sorry dont have this game to test, but this is a case for support. This could be a mistake on GOGs side or an Antivirus software, deleting some files. Usually the Shortcut in the game folder should link to the exe, If you have Galaxy installed and the game offers Galaxy features the Shortcut on Desktop starts Galaxy.
That was precisely what I expected. I suppose I will test it with a couple other games, maybe with uninstalled Galaxy, to see if it provides different results.
That actually such a nice idea
I haven't been able to download anything through Galaxy version 1.2.57 for about three days now. Any download just stays stuck at 0.0 GB even after waiting for minutes and trying to restart the download just cancels it immediately. Using Windows 10 64 bit by the way.

Galaxy has also been very slow to load at launch.
Post edited July 23, 2019 by Lucian_Galca
hohiro: You do not need Galaxy to play any game offline, just download the Offline Backup Installer, install your games and play them ;)
BastianWeaver: Indeed, that is the logical thing to do. So imagine my surprise when I did exactly that with Invisible, Inc and found out that a) it only can be played using Galaxy, and b) the file that the shortcut is supposed to launch literally doesn't exist.
I Installed the game from the offline Installer and it worked without Galaxy.
Maybe you have to download the game again.
Guybrush_Threep: I Installed the game from the offline Installer and it worked without Galaxy.
Maybe you have to download the game again.
Will try. Thank you, mister pirate.
Nick_Speetzen: So are we going to be able to have games that we have installed via other launchers like Steam and Windows Store/XBGP for PC?

I have scanned everything in my drive and specific folders, and many of the games are on GOG too but they don't end up scanning. I even tried Wiutcher 3's specific folder, but I got it through Steam so IDK. I just want one laaauncherrrr lol
GUYS WE NEED GAMERS ON STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2 2005 ON IT'S MULTIPLAYER IT'S KIND OF DEAD PLS