It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timboli: Is there a command string that can be used to get filenames at least, without the need for using a cookie file?
Perhaps some query using each downlink?
Yepoleb: I am not aware of any :(
@yepoleb I've noticed that you added Factory Town to your airtable as the "offline" being behind in updates, but I was able to download as an "offline" downloader the version V2.0.0aa yesterday, the 25th of June, 2022.
drrhodes: @yepoleb I've noticed that you added Factory Town to your airtable as the "offline" being behind in updates, but I was able to download as an "offline" downloader the version V2.0.0aa yesterday, the 25th of June, 2022.
I guess you're talking about my Airtable discrepancy list? :P If so, the scans trigger 6AM each day, so it might have been fixed later on in the day. I only update the table once a week, so it will most likely be stale for a while, but my interest is mainly to track long term discrepancies. Factory Town will most likely be removed during the next scan.

P.S. The discrepancy is only for the OSX/MacOS installer, by the way.
Post edited June 26, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
drrhodes: @yepoleb I've noticed that you added Factory Town to your airtable as the "offline" being behind in updates, but I was able to download as an "offline" downloader the version V2.0.0aa yesterday, the 25th of June, 2022.
WinterSnowfall: I guess you're talking about my Airtable discrepancy list? :P If so, the scans trigger 6AM each day, so it might have been fixed later on in the day. I only update the table once a week, so it will most likely be stale for a while, but my interest is mainly to track long term discrepancies. Factory Town will most likely be removed during the next scan.

P.S. The discrepancy is only for the OSX/MacOS installer, by the way.
Double oops. Sorry about that WinterSnowfall. I assumed (third mistake) that it was manually scanned. The airtable is useful to me, so many kudos for a good job.
high rated
Oh, it's been a while since I checked back here. Sorry to everyone waiting for a response!
Retodon8: Is it possible for GOG Database to show the personal profile backgrounds for all the games?
I'll see what's possible.
Gede: However, is there any chance or hope that some user ratings and/or tags also get collected?
Most likely not, enabling user submitted content is a huge task because you need a ton of infrastructure to handle accounts and prevent abuse.

Good news for everyone waiting for new updates: I've been approached by GOG to join their affiliate program and have done so a month ago! This means I have an incentive to work on GOG DB again and I'll try to spend a few hours every month updating the site. The first coming update will fix the random price tracking holes and change the main store link to an affiliate link. I hope everyone's okay with that, if you have any concerns please leave a comment! The downside might of course be that I'll be a bit less critical of GOG, but there are probably still enough angry people around to take care of my part.
Yepoleb: Good news for everyone waiting for new updates: I've been approached by GOG to join their affiliate program and have done so a month ago! This means I have an incentive to work on GOG DB again and I'll try to spend a few hours every month updating the site.
Cool, well done!

And question: could you grab Gog's game changelog info too? Or link to it directly at least?
(I mean the textual list of changes, when present)
phaolo: And question: could you grab Gog's game changelog info too? Or link to it directly at least?
Is that just to have everything in one place? I collected text changelogs for a while but never made use of them because it felt weird exactly copying content from the GOG website.
Yepoleb: Good news for everyone waiting for new updates: I've been approached by GOG to join their affiliate program and have done so a month ago! This means I have an incentive to work on GOG DB again and I'll try to spend a few hours every month updating the site.
'Bout time it got some much deserved recognition :).

Since you're back, been wanting to bring this to your attention. I don't think the GOG DB has a habit of rescanning builds, but GOG certainly has one of removing them of late. Time for a "Build removed" changelog event, I guess.
phaolo: And question: could you grab Gog's game changelog info too? Or link to it directly at least?
Yepoleb: Is that just to have everything in one place? I collected text changelogs for a while but never made use of them because it felt weird exactly copying content from the GOG website.
Also, but checking changelogs of multiple games on Gog isn't super convenient.

Do you currently store that changelog info in the db?
Because I already download and extract some data directly from it (as you suggested me).

(btw, if you could also use proper columns for the data mixed in the blob, it would be neat..)
Yepoleb:
Great to see that the project will get more work. But don't see why you'd be less critical of them, if anything you're now even more directly interested in demanding improvements.
Wonder if approaching you for the affiliate program indicates a shift in their attitude towards community tools, and maybe a step towards more direct involvement and possibly even integration.
Thanks for welcoming me back! It's nice to see you again.
WinterSnowfall: Since you're back, been wanting to bring this to your attention.
Thanks, I'll add it to the list. Marking which builds are visible is long due.
phaolo: Do you currently store that changelog info in the db?

(btw, if you could also use proper columns for the data mixed in the blob, it would be neat..)
I don't store it currently, but it is easy to add. Expect it soon. By blob do you mean "serialized_record" in the changelog table? I get your frustration, but the tables are tuned to be as simple and performant as possible, making a proper schema would defeat the purpose.
Cavalary: Great to see that the project will get more work. But don't see why you'd be less critical of them, if anything you're now even more directly interested in demanding improvements.
Wonder if approaching you for the affiliate program indicates a shift in their attitude towards community tools, and maybe a step towards more direct involvement and possibly even integration.
I'll of course still voice constructive criticism, just with a bit softer tone. It's hard to stick to the doomer attitude when they've just given me a chance to improve their platform.
Post edited July 10, 2022 by Yepoleb
Retodon8: Is it possible for GOG Database to show the personal profile backgrounds for all the games?
I looked into this, the profile background is the same image as the "Galaxy background", just cropped a bit.
Text changelogs are now linked at the top of the changelog tab when they're available. I called the feature release notes to avoid confusion.
Yepoleb: Text changelogs are now linked at the top of the changelog tab when they're available. I called the feature release notes to avoid confusion.
Perfect, thank you.
Yepoleb: I looked into this, the profile background is the same image as the "Galaxy background", just cropped a bit.
Thanks for looking into it. I thought it must work differently because I've got 2 profile background images after buying a single game, so I looked into that properly now.

In the store I bought "Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection", but that's not a single game. In Galaxy I get an entry for "Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files" and an entry for "Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Christmas Chronicles", and both those games earned me a background image, 2 separate entries, but the actual image(s) seem to be identical. I thought I had an example where I got 2 different images, but I can't find anything, so I must be mistaken.

Thanks again! :)
low rated
Yepoleb: Good news for everyone waiting for new updates: I've been approached by GOG to join their affiliate program and have done so a month ago! This means I have an incentive to work on GOG DB again and I'll try to spend a few hours every month updating the site. The first coming update will fix the random price tracking holes and change the main store link to an affiliate link. I hope everyone's okay with that, if you have any concerns please leave a comment! The downside might of course be that I'll be a bit less critical of GOG, but there are probably still enough angry people around to take care of my part.
Wondering if the use of Deutsch links (as reported on post #636) is already on your list
gog.com/forum/general/gog_database_a_website_that_collects_data_on_gog_games/post636

Also to reask if would be possible to add the System requirements info to the gogdb