It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I've modified the backup system to also make available postgres dumps. This format contains full description and changelog texts in addition to the data already in CSV dumps and can be downloaded from https://www.gogdb.org/backups_v2. The legacy URL at https://www.gogdb.org/backups remains for now to not break compatibility with scripts. This change was possible because GOG gave me permission to distribute their full texts which I really appreciate.
Yepoleb: This format contains full description and changelog texts in addition to the data already in CSV dumps
That's great news. Will you be tracking changelog updates on the main website as well then? :)

*runs off to plan retirement from the updates thread*
Yepoleb: This format contains full description and changelog texts in addition to the data already in CSV dumps
WinterSnowfall: That's great news. Will you be tracking changelog updates on the main website as well then? :)

*runs off to plan retirement from the updates thread*
That was the intention behind it, but I haven't thought any further on it. Don't expect to retire too soon.
Yepoleb: I've modified the backup system to also make available postgres dumps. This format contains full description and changelog texts in addition to the data already in CSV dumps and can be downloaded from https://www.gogdb.org/backups_v2. The legacy URL at https://www.gogdb.org/backups remains for now to not break compatibility with scripts. This change was possible because GOG gave me permission to distribute their full texts which I really appreciate.
Nice. How can that be imported in the DB? I can try experimenting with making a reporting table for example for amount of Linux games. It can be a daily report that can be exposed in the UI.
shmerl: Nice. How can that be imported in the DB? I can try experimenting with making a reporting table for example for amount of Linux games. It can be a daily report that can be exposed in the UI.
I used "pg_restore -d gogdb gogdb_2018-07-20.dump" to import it when I switched servers. The database needs to already exist and the user probably too. It shouldn't be hard to figure out if you play around with pg_restore.
Yepoleb: That was the intention behind it, but I haven't thought any further on it. Don't expect to retire too soon.
Ah well, no rush really. If you ask me that's the final touch it needs to really shine in the change tracking department. But, since I'll be around for some time, might as well do some sub-optimal community work until you get there :P.
Yepoleb,

Is it possible to track the Galaxy specific stuff such as update branches like public and private ones... like Steamdb does? Or is that not exposed in the API right now?
BKGaming: Is it possible to track the Galaxy specific stuff such as update branches like public and private ones... like Steamdb does? Or is that not exposed in the API right now?
I've got the Galaxy depots mostly implemented, I'm just too lazy to polish it for release. Whether tracking is going to be part of the bigger update or a second smaller one is not decided yet.
BKGaming: Is it possible to track the Galaxy specific stuff such as update branches like public and private ones... like Steamdb does? Or is that not exposed in the API right now?
Yepoleb: I've got the Galaxy depots mostly implemented, I'm just too lazy to polish it for release. Whether tracking is going to be part of the bigger update or a second smaller one is not decided yet.
Sounds good. Nice to see that is being worked on. If we can see when they were last updated (at-least the public one) that would be a lot of help probably.
high rated
I think there are some (delisted) games missing in the DB:
www.gog.com/news/new_release_chessmaster_9000
www.gog.com/news/new_release_colin_mcrae_rally_2005
www.gog.com/news/new_release_cryostasis_the_sleep_of_reason
www.gog.com/news/release_dark_matter
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Menacer
high rated
Menacer: I think there are some (delisted) games missing in the DB:
www.gog.com/news/new_release_chessmaster_9000
www.gog.com/news/new_release_colin_mcrae_rally_2005
www.gog.com/news/new_release_cryostasis_the_sleep_of_reason
www.gog.com/news/release_dark_matter
Thanks, I've added them manually and they'll appear with the next scan.
Ah, the lost ones. Man, what would I give to go back in time and buy CM9000. And possibly CMR2005 too.
Some more missing:

www.gog.com/news/release_jazzpunk
www.gog.com/news/release_jazzpunk_flavour_nexus_dlc_directors_cut_update
www.gog.com/news/new_release_obscure
www.gog.com/news/new_release_operation_flashpoint_goty
www.gog.com/news/original_war_is_back
www.gog.com/news/new_release_republic_the_revolution
www.gog.com/news/new_release_scratches_directors_cut
www.gog.com/news/new_release_second_sight
www.gog.com/news/release_blade_of_darkness
www.gog.com/news/release_slain
www.gog.com/news/release_sublevel_zero
www.gog.com/news/release_wallace_gromits_grand_adventures
high rated
Menacer: Some more missing:

www.gog.com/news/release_jazzpunk
www.gog.com/news/release_jazzpunk_flavour_nexus_dlc_directors_cut_update
www.gog.com/news/new_release_obscure
www.gog.com/news/new_release_operation_flashpoint_goty
www.gog.com/news/original_war_is_back
www.gog.com/news/new_release_republic_the_revolution
www.gog.com/news/new_release_scratches_directors_cut
www.gog.com/news/new_release_second_sight
www.gog.com/news/release_blade_of_darkness
www.gog.com/news/release_slain
www.gog.com/news/release_sublevel_zero
www.gog.com/news/release_wallace_gromits_grand_adventures
Thanks, took me a while to get through that list. This is current status:

Jazzpunk: already listed
Jazzpunk: Flavour Nexus: already listed
Operation Flashpoint: has been renamed to "Arma: Cold War Assault"
Original War: added
Republic the Revolution: added
Scratches: added
Second Sight: added
Blade of Darkness: added
Slain: already listed
Sublevel Zero: already listed
Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures: added
Yepoleb: Thanks, I've added them manually and they'll appear with the next scan.
Just FYI, some of these older-and-no-longer-available-for-sale ids return incomplete/dubious JSON structures or missing data in fields you'd expect to be mandatory, such as product name (can't remember which ones I've tripped over, but there are a few).

It may have gotten better since I ran my last exhaustive ID range scan, but do tread carefully, engage debug mode, expect the unexpected etc ;).

P.S.: If you ever want to be thorough about it, I can always give you an export of my surveillance state db (which I'm emphatically calling "goggles").
Post edited July 27, 2018 by WinterSnowfall