It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yepoleb: [..]
Can you please add some search filters in the Changelog?
For example, I need to check if there have been any "extras" updates in the last month, but currently I have to manually do it for each entry\page.

Also, can you put the page browser at the top too?
Post edited February 22, 2018 by phaolo
phaolo: Can you please add some search filters in the Changelog?
For example, I need to check if there have been any "extras" updates in the last month, but currently I have to manually do it for each entry\page.

Also, can you put the page browser at the top too?
Changelog searching is a bit too complicated for now, especially as I still don't have a proper way to search for games. I wrote a Python 3 script instead that works with the CSV dumps to extract the data. You can find a link to the dump on the main post and the script on Gist: https://gist.github.com/Yepoleb/6dbd110ca8caca55573552ab9c8190cb.

Thanks for the suggestion about putting the page navigation on top and bottom, I'll try to find a way to make it work with the design.
Yepoleb: No, I don't include them for copyright reasons. I've been planning to contact GOG about permission for a while now, but dealing with legal stuff is unfortunately not one of my hobbies, so I've put it off so far :(. [...]
Didn't get a flag for this one, so a belated cheers for the reply.
high rated
Quick downtime notice: The update script has been stuck since Friday. I was able to get some debugging information from the running processes this time, but as written previously, fixing this issue has been a challenge from the beginning. Sorry for the update delay and thanks to T_a_J for notifying me of the problem.
Yepoleb: Quick downtime notice: The update script has been stuck since Friday.
Ah, now that sounds familiar. Not that my scripts aren't working any more - they seem fine, but I've had similar incidents in the past and it usually involved a GOGBear or two... nosing around. Let me know if I can help in any way ;).
Thank you for the nice and convenient DB dumps you provide.

I noticed the odd IDs on the products table (4, 5, 6...). Are those the same IDs GOG uses? Odd...
Gede: Thank you for the nice and convenient DB dumps you provide.

I noticed the odd IDs on the products table (4, 5, 6...). Are those the same IDs GOG uses? Odd...
The first Interplay games added tn GoG way back in the beginning had single digit product codes like the Fallout series (1-2) Descent: Freespace series (4-5), MDK (6) etc.
RWarehall: The first Interplay games added tn GoG way back in the beginning had single digit product codes like the Fallout series (1-2) Descent: Freespace series (4-5), MDK (6) etc.
Kingpin: Life of Crime seemed a bit odd at #9, and was the one that caught my attention. I did not think of it as old enough for such a number (assuming that single digits were an older scheme, which I did not verify). But it is a 1999 release, so perhaps it is me who does not know his FPS.

I wonder why they changed their numbering schemes. At least the sequential numbering provided some information.
Gede: Thank you for the nice and convenient DB dumps you provide.

Owners of those games still have them in library.
But GOG sometimes change IDs of games, so some used IDs were dropped.
Hello Yepoleb. Thanks for this awesome effort. We really need some functionality that GOG should provide by themselves and your effort (and MrKgnao's, as far as he went with it) are very much appreciated.

Yepoleb: So far the answers to my regional pricing questions have been fairly disappointing. It seems like most of you are just interested in complaining to GOG about prices they don't control and even try their best to compensate for. I see the high demand, but so far not a single valid (from my point of view) reason for it.

Edit: I still want to thank everyone for their honest answers. You all just want to improve the platform by pointing out its mistakes. Sorry for being so negative about it.
I have an actual reason to ask for the collection of regional prices. (At least I believe I do.)

You see, regional prices vary wildly. Sometimes one might want to check how much is the cut for a particular game in their country, or even discover publishers who decide to be dicks to one particular people (for example, check how much a brazilian will pay for [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=922&scp=gdsp&dsp=ipgrcP&ord=q9_b0N9&flt=uln~br~pra~br~tcs~Little+Nightmares~&opt=nd&myf=MonApr21923332018_s34YZ75OJV1ZU] this game + DLC[/url] compared to their base price.) Unfortunately it is not restricted to just this one series. For example Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Cossacks Anthology cost a lot more than the base price in BR. Alas, I would rather know that before I buy any of these games.

MaGog was a great tool to grab this data from, but unfortunately its data can't be relied upon anymore.

So, even if you won't display the data right away, could you at least collect it so we may download the CSVs and hack at them to fit our needs?
Post edited April 02, 2018 by joppo
RWarehall: The first Interplay games added tn GoG way back in the beginning had single digit product codes like the Fallout series (1-2) Descent: Freespace series (4-5), MDK (6) etc.
Gede: Kingpin: Life of Crime seemed a bit odd at #9, and was the one that caught my attention. I did not think of it as old enough for such a number (assuming that single digits were an older scheme, which I did not verify). But it is a 1999 release, so perhaps it is me who does not know his FPS.

I wonder why they changed their numbering schemes. At least the sequential numbering provided some information.
Oddly, it's not all the early Interplay games either and they weren't all the first one's released. I'm just guessing here, but maybe Interplay gave GoG 10 games to update for modern systems to start as a sort of capability test and these are the 1st 10. After that they seemed to have changed the product codes into UNIX time stamps.
RWarehall: Oddly, it's not all the early Interplay games either and they weren't all the first one's released. I'm just guessing here, but maybe Interplay gave GoG 10 games to update for modern systems to start as a sort of capability test and these are the 1st 10. After that they seemed to have changed the product codes into UNIX time stamps.
That is a very nice theory. Are the IDs UNIX time stamps? I see some that would refer to the future, so it can't be it.
Around 2008, yeah, seems plausible. There was another spike in 2015 (anyone knows why?). But other than that the IDs seem to be evenly distributed.
It appears GOG has delegated the ID attribution to a random number generator, which are the less meaningful of all. Why not stick with any of the previous schemes?
Gede: It appears GOG has delegated the ID attribution to a random number generator, which are the less meaningful of all. Why not stick with any of the previous schemes?
Based on a year's worth of product IDs tracking, I can say that the "new way of doing things" is not entirely random, and more than that it sticks to certain boundaries - for example Yepoleb has correctly theorized that the top ID value stays within the upper limit for a 32bit signed integer (2147483647). Currently there are also no IDs allocated below 1000000000 beside the first 10 - the lowest I am currently aware of is 1073954123.

I still have not determined the generation rule, and yes a PRNG might be involved, however the statistical distribution of the IDs is very interesting. I've used this data so far to narrow down my future searches in specific high-yield intervals.

If you want the full story (or at least most of it) also have a look over this thread.
Post edited April 03, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
Thanks to everyone who posted an ID related answer, there is nothing I have to add.

joppo: I have an actual reason to ask for the collection of regional prices. (At least I believe I do.)

You see, regional prices vary wildly. Sometimes one might want to check how much is the cut for a particular game in their country, or even discover publishers who decide to be dicks to one particular people (for example, check how much a brazilian will pay for [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=922&scp=gdsp&dsp=ipgrcP&ord=q9_b0N9&flt=uln~br~pra~br~tcs~Little+Nightmares~&opt=nd&myf=MonApr21923332018_s34YZ75OJV1ZU] this game + DLC[/url] compared to their base price.) Unfortunately it is not restricted to just this one series. For example Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Cossacks Anthology cost a lot more than the base price in BR. Alas, I would rather know that before I buy any of these games.
This is unfortunately the same argument I've refuted multiple times before. MaGog tracks the prices without the Fair Price Package wallet credit, which I think is a stupid thing to do that causes a lot of confusion. Factoring it in instead we get these prices:

Little Nightmares

US 19.99$
BR 25.21$ - 5.22$ (Fair Price Package) = 19.99$

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

US 4.99$
BR 6.29$ - 1.30$ (FPP) = 4.99$

Cossacks Anthology

US 5.99$
BR 8.04$ - 2.05$ (FPP) = 5.99$

So unless you're only buying a single game from GOG, which the people asking for the feature do not, you're paying the exact same price as a North American or European customer.

joppo: So, even if you won't display the data right away, could you at least collect it so we may download the CSVs and hack at them to fit our needs?
No, collecting the data and not displaying it would defeat the entire purpose of the site. You can download pygogapi and hack together your own data collection script though.
Post edited April 04, 2018 by Yepoleb
Yepoleb: This is unfortunately the same argument I've refuted multiple times before. MaGog tracks the prices without the Fair Price Package wallet credit, which I think is a stupid thing to do that causes a lot of confusion.
That is exactly the right thing to do and causes no confusion. You first need to pay the higher price to get that game, that's a given. And the cut of that higher price also most likely goes to the publisher, which is the unfair part. That you may later use the difference for another game, if you purchase it within a year and using the same currency is a different thing. If you buy few games and a year may pass between them or tend to switch currencies if the exchange rates vary or depending on payment method, the FPP may expire, or you may feel you're forced to buy something you otherwise wouldn't to use it. But regardless of all of this, you do need to pay the higher price first, that's a given. The FPP absolutely must NOT be factored into the game's listed price.