It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yepoleb: I'll see how it works out.
That would be great - thank you in advance.
high rated
badon: I noticed your page mentions Freenode's ##gogdb. I just went there, and it's almost completely empty. Why not come over to ##gaming instead, at least until activity in your project starts to take off? Joining the larger group is a great way to make people aware of your project.
Thanks for the invite, I just joined the channel. I'm also in #gog on QuakeNet.

Yepoleb: Not at the moment, do you need it?
s1nka: Yes. I write some scrips for magog db and check new release from console. But magog db currently work in legasy mode and don't have new games, i would like use GOG DB.
You can use https://gogdb.yepoleb.me/changelog.xml for now and filter on "Added to catalog". I've thought about adding JSON versions of every page and this seems like a good reason to do it.
high rated
GOG DB has a new domain! I just switched the DNS entries over to the new server which should now automatically redirect you to https://www.gogdb.org. Nothing else changes, I just had the opportunity to save a few euros a month by switching to a new hosting model and though it's time to buy a proper domain as well. It's probably a bit risky to do this in the middle of a sale, but it's been prepared for about two weeks now and I didn't want to wait any longer. As always, please report bugs and thanks for following this project.
Yepoleb: GOG DB has a new domain! I just switched the DNS entries over to the new server which should now automatically redirect you to https://www.gogdb.org. Nothing else changes, I just had the opportunity to save a few euros a month by switching to a new hosting model and though it's time to buy a proper domain as well. It's probably a bit risky to do this in the middle of a sale, but it's been prepared for about two weeks now and I didn't want to wait any longer. As always, please report bugs and thanks for following this project.
Cool thanks for the heads up... I updated my bookmark and will update the link for GOG DB on /r/GOG because the old one is throwing out warning due to security certificate.
Post edited February 15, 2018 by BKGaming
Yepoleb: GOG DB has a new domain! I just switched the DNS entries over to the new server which should now automatically redirect you to https://www.gogdb.org. Nothing else changes, I just had the opportunity to save a few euros a month by switching to a new hosting model and though it's time to buy a proper domain as well. It's probably a bit risky to do this in the middle of a sale, but it's been prepared for about two weeks now and I didn't want to wait any longer. As always, please report bugs and thanks for following this project.
BKGaming: Cool thanks for the heads up... I updated my bookmark and will update the link for GOG DB on /r/GOG because the old one is throwing out warning due to security certificate.
Crap, I knew I forgot something.

Edit: Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.
Post edited February 15, 2018 by Yepoleb
BKGaming: Cool thanks for the heads up... I updated my bookmark and will update the link for GOG DB on /r/GOG because the old one is throwing out warning due to security certificate.
Yepoleb: Crap, I knew I forgot something.
Lol. xD

Anyway I been meaning to ask have you thought about changing the search feature to be more of a Live Search, using JQuery/AJAX or whatever? Like GOG's search bar, type a few characters and see all the products without a page refresh?

You could also add some more info to the home page like SteamDB does, like top 20 newest releases on GOG, total games in catalog, number of file changes today, etc... some basic information.

Just some ideas, I really like what you have done with the GOG DB. :)
Post edited February 15, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Anyway I been meaning to ask have you thought about changing the search feature to be more of a Live Search, using JQuery/AJAX or whatever? Like GOG's search bar, type a few characters and see all the products without a page refresh?

You could also add some more info to the home page like SteamDB does, like top 20 newest releases on GOG, total games in catalog, number of file changes today, etc... some basic information.
Thanks for your suggestions! I like them both, but at the current stage of development I think it's better to focus on adding more features and polish later. Getting on par with SteamDB is definitely planned in the far future though.
Yepoleb: Thanks for your suggestions! I like them both, but at the current stage of development I think it's better to focus on adding more features and polish later. Getting on par with SteamDB is definitely planned in the far future though.
Cool no problem, I wasn't sure what more you could really add using the GOG API... it doesn't seem as fleshed out as Steams right now. More features would be nice though. :)
This project is great! Lots of useful information. Thank you very much for your work.
Would it be possible to download the data for use in other projects in some way? I did not find any information regarding this on the website. Magog provided a convenient link.
Gede: This project is great! Lots of useful information. Thank you very much for your work.
Would it be possible to download the data for use in other projects in some way? I did not find any information regarding this on the website. Magog provided a convenient link.
I'll figure out a way to export the data when I set up an automated backup system, which should happen pretty soon.
Gede: This project is great! Lots of useful information. Thank you very much for your work.
Yepoleb: I'll figure out a way to export the data when I set up an automated backup system, which should happen pretty soon.
Thank you. Happy hacking!
high rated
First backup file is up https://www.gogdb.org/backups/

Edit: Some more information about the backup files:

They're created using the PostgreSQL \copy command from all the tables in the database. Output should be classic CSV format with strings quoted as necessary. If you want to know more about how the tables are connected, check model.py of the source code. To always get the latest version in a script, get filelist.txt first and download the file on the last line. New files are created every day at 00:00 CET.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by Yepoleb
Congrats Yepoleb, this is such an awesome work, I can't believe I'm discovering it now. Great usability and display of information, the changelog feature is great. Keep it up.
Yepoleb: GOG Database [...]

Planned features:
* File tracking
* Non-store games

[...]
Great work, cheers.

Not sure if this was requested/discussed before, and I missed it - is a link to the actual changelogs on the Extended Changelog page anywhere in the stars?
HypersomniacLive: Not sure if this was requested/discussed before, and I missed it - is a link to the actual changelogs on the Extended Changelog page anywhere in the stars?
No, I don't include them for copyright reasons. I've been planning to contact GOG about permission for a while now, but dealing with legal stuff is unfortunately not one of my hobbies, so I've put it off so far :(.

contra_cultura: Congrats Yepoleb, this is such an awesome work, I can't believe I'm discovering it now. Great usability and display of information, the changelog feature is great. Keep it up.
Thank you and everyone else who has left a nice comment. I don't usually respond to them because it would feel weird to have half of the thread filled with thanks, but I still appreciate them.