It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Really good job on the page. Wish actual websites would be like this (snappy with that information density).
high rated
Just deployed an update that made the extended changelog page a lot prettier and added an Atom feed for it. I'm honestly really pleased with how it turned out and I hope you like it as well. If you don't, I'll just make the site incompatible with anything but the GOG Galaxy embedded browser >:D.
Yepoleb: Just deployed an update that made the extended changelog page a lot prettier and added an Atom feed for it. I'm honestly really pleased with how it turned out and I hope you like it as well. If you don't, I'll just make the site incompatible with anything but the GOG Galaxy embedded browser >:D.
Very useful, thank you!
For those who want to use the feed:
https://gogdb.yepoleb.me/changelog.xml
Yepoleb: ...and added an Atom feed for it.
Your proactivity is off the charts :D! The new changelog page format is also very nice indeed, though it seems the most recent posts are at the bottom of the page... wait, what? :P
Post edited November 09, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
WinterSnowfall: The new changelog page format is also very nice indeed, though it seems the most recent posts are at the bottom of the page... wait, what? :P
Wow, I can't believe I messed that up. I'll start working on a fix right away.

Edit: Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.
Post edited November 09, 2017 by Yepoleb
A really minor thing but what are your thought on doing something with the 99.99 placeholder value that GOG assigns unpriced games? It seems out of place to evaluate it at face value in the pricing tab.

Its probably a ton more work than its worth but its the only thing that really stands out as weird that isn't a title specific glitch.

Anyway thanks a bunch for the site.
Cusith: A really minor thing but what are your thought on doing something with the 99.99 placeholder value that GOG assigns unpriced games? It seems out of place to evaluate it at face value in the pricing tab.

Its probably a ton more work than its worth but its the only thing that really stands out as weird that isn't a title specific glitch.

Anyway thanks a bunch for the site.
I've decided to ignore the price data while the game is not actually sold. That change should come with the non-catalog games update because at that point I'll already have the code to handle entries without any price history. It bugs me as well, but not enough to pull it out of the bigger update.
Yepoleb: I've decided to ignore the price data while the game is not actually sold. That change should come with the non-catalog games update because at that point I'll already have the code to handle entries without any price history. It bugs me as well, but not enough to pull it out of the bigger update.
Cool, I mentioned it as much to see if it was only me that found it odd. I do look forward to the day that GOG sells a game at that price.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by Cusith
Wow, excellent work Yepoleb! +1

Bookmarked! Thanks :)
One feature can be really useful - a filter in changelog. For instance, you want to track any changes that involve Linux. Now you'd just need to manually sift through the extended changelog. It would be nice to provide some filtering mechanism (using a regexp can make it very flexible) that would limit results.

And if some common filters like "Linux" would produce their own feed, that would be really cool.
Post edited November 17, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: And if some common filters like "Linux" would produce their own feed, that would be really cool.
Yeah, I'd have a use for that as well. But then again for these things you'd have to rely on the data coming in from GOG... and we all know of its utmost consistency.
shmerl: One feature can be really useful - a filter in changelog. For instance, you want to track any changes that involve Linux. Now you'd just need to manually sift through the extended changelog. It would be nice to provide some filtering mechanism (using a regexp can make it very flexible) that would limit results.

And if some common filters like "Linux" would produce their own feed, that would be really cool.
Thanks for your suggestion! I am not generally against adding such a feature, but it's too specific for me to justify spending time on it. If you want to implement it in a way that can be merged into the main code tree, I'd be happy to accept it. I can also give you read-only database access if you just want to make a small personal script for it.
Yepoleb: Thanks for your suggestion! I am not generally against adding such a feature, but it's too specific for me to justify spending time on it. If you want to implement it in a way that can be merged into the main code tree, I'd be happy to accept it. I can also give you read-only database access if you just want to make a small personal script for it.
Sure, I can take a look (need to understand how the site is organized internally).

For personal scripts. current feed is already good, and anyone can use it to track specific updates.
Post edited November 17, 2017 by shmerl
Very good job. Some sorting, advanced search, maybe query support in plans?
I just noticed that a single user is refreshing the changelog feed every 90 seconds and is already accounting for almost 50% of the bandwidth in the last few days. I don't know who you are, but I'd really appreciate if you don't do that. The site only updates every 2 hours, so checking more often is quite pointless. Thanks <3