It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Painted_Doll: Excuse me , but are the prices right in the database ?
yes

the game has a lower regional price for South & Eastern Europe (and the UK).

the database only shows the base price.
Post edited September 26, 2017 by immi101
WinterSnowfall: And could you please also create a "latest changelogs" section to track the latest changes to games? I know of at least two people who would be very grateful if you added something like that, me being one of them :).
Yepoleb: This is what I meant by "change logging". Working on the implementation right at this moment.
Well, I was actually hoping for two separate things :) :
a) Each GOG DB entry will have a changelog section of its own, where all the changelogs for that particular entry will be listed
b) A new section on the website to track changelog updates in general, for all the entries in the GOG DB, which would massively improve the quality of life for anyone who's currently keeping an eye on the "What did just update?" thread.
Post edited September 26, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
immi101: yes

the game has a lower regional price for South & Eastern Europe (and the UK).

the database only shows the base price.
Thanks .
Yepoleb: I have some questions for the people interested in regional prices. Living in a eurozone country, my experience with it is very limited, so I'm asking here for some insights.

1. When do you look up regional prices and how are they relevant to you?
2. Do you prefer to have the price in USD, your regional currency or both?
3. Is history important or only the current values?
4. Using SteamDB's system as an example, what would you like to add or leave out?
5. Any other suggestions

Please use the numbers instead of everyone quoting the same post, I promise I will see them. This is not an announcement, please keep your expectations as low as possible. Thanks in advance for answering!
I buy my games in euros with the Southern European regionsl prices, so that information is more useful to me than the price in dollars in thecUS. In the end when a game goes on sale in dollars it also goes on sale in euros, but since the currency exchange shifts there is nit an exact correlation.

I think the option to choose what currency to display (for example in a drop down menu) would be great.

I would prefer to have the history of prices.

I don't know if it's possible, but an adjusted regional price that takes into account the fair price compensation (the funds added to your wallet) would be optimal.
VanishedOne: 1) When I want to know how hard I'm being milked.
2) Both.
3) History would be of some interest. E.g. when Trails SC launched my country was charged more then anywhere else according to MaGog. Currently it's Switzerland that has that dubious honour. (In the case of the third game, however, the UK is currently charged more than Switzerland, and neither ranks at the top.)
Are you not aware of the "Fair Price Package" or am I missing something? You should never pay more than the US price.

Caesar.: I buy my games in euros with the Southern European regionsl prices, so that information is more useful to me than the price in dollars in thecUS. In the end when a game goes on sale in dollars it also goes on sale in euros, but since the currency exchange shifts there is nit an exact correlation.
I don't mean the price in the US, but the regional price converted to USD, because that's easy to compare.

Caesar.: I would prefer to have the history of prices.
Of course everyone would want a history if possible, but it multiplies the amount of price data by 30, so I would like to avoid it if there's no big benefit.

Caesar.: I don't know if it's possible, but an adjusted regional price that takes into account the fair price compensation (the funds added to your wallet) would be optimal.
Depends on how hard it is to get that data. I don't think it's that useful, as you can just look at the US price instead.

Yepoleb: This is what I meant by "change logging". Working on the implementation right at this moment.
WinterSnowfall: Well, I was actually hoping for two separate things :) :
a) Each GOG DB entry will have a changelog section of its own, where all the changelogs for that particular entry will be listed
b) A new section on the website to track changelog updates in general, for all the entries in the GOG DB, which would massively improve the quality of life for anyone who's currently keeping an eye on the "What did just update?" thread.
I think I know exactly what you want, don't worry.
Yepoleb:
1. Whenever. Having no regional pricing was one of GOG's two clear, specific principles and giving up on it will never be acceptable for me. And while discounts can't be made fair, what mainly interests me is whether a game has anyone pay more than the base price, even if that doesn't include my region (though for some time now we're getting the hiked up Eurozone price too, because, you know, "market realities" say we're darn wealthy over here).
2. USD makes for clear comparisons for everyone. If you can add both (not that we're using the Euro), sure, but USD prices for everyone is a must, to be able to compare.
3. History can't hurt, but if you say it's that much more work, it's fine without.
4. *checks SteamDB* So it has current regional price in regional currency, current regional price in USD, difference from base price in percentage, lowest recorded price in regional currency and highest discount as percentage. One thing I don't see is lowest price in USD and will keep saying that prices in USD need to be everywhere for comparison. Otherwise, all of it is useful but, again, could do just fine with doing it MaGOG's way, only offering the prices in USD for each region.
5. Basically looking for a source that's up to date again for this after MaGOG went into legacy mode in protest against GOG betraying one too many of their values, so what's available there, which in terms of regional pricing means the price in every region (as per the region matrix listed) expressed in USD.

Yepoleb: Are you not aware of the "Fair Price Package" or am I missing something? You should never pay more than the US price.
The package doesn't mean you don't pay more, it means you do pay more if your region gets a hiked up price, the publisher gets those extra money and GOG offers them back to you as store credit, in the currency you chose then, and you have to use it within a year of last getting some store credit in that currency to make another purchase from GOG in the same currency. That's not "not paying more" in the least and, either way, doesn't make the behavior itself any more tolerable.
Caesar.: I don't know if it's possible, but an adjusted regional price that takes into account the fair price compensation (the funds added to your wallet) would be optimal.
Regional price minus fair price package should always be equal to base price. If it isn't, it's a bug (usually resulting from a price drop where the base region, which isn't the US one actually, wasn't changed) and they should be made aware.
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Cavalary
Quick preview for the changelog (not the final look)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiewk208uq9dl09/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-27%20at%2004.57.12-fullpage.png?dl=0
Post edited September 27, 2017 by Yepoleb
Cavalary: Regional price minus fair price package should always be equal to base price. If it isn't, it's a bug (usually resulting from a price drop where the base region, which isn't the US one actually, wasn't changed) and they should be made aware.
You're right, but because of the fluctuations of the currency exchange a game whose price was $9.99 one year ago and today would be sold at a different amount of € for my country.
That seems rather... messy. (And what happened with Witcher 2 downloads?)
Would probably be way more useful to be separated per game, as in just have one entry per day with "update for [game]" and click to see details with everything that changed for that game that day?
high rated
Another preview of the completely redesigned changelog overview page. The old structure will probably remain for the individual game pages, which haven't been started yet. Also "Changes" is just a temporary placeholder to avoid name conflicts, not sure what the final name will be.
Attachments:
So far the answers to my regional pricing questions have been fairly disappointing. It seems like most of you are just interested in complaining to GOG about prices they don't control and even try their best to compensate for. I see the high demand, but so far not a single valid (from my point of view) reason for it.

Edit: I still want to thank everyone for their honest answers. You all just want to improve the platform by pointing out its mistakes. Sorry for being so negative about it.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by Yepoleb
Yepoleb: So far the answers to my regional pricing questions have been fairly disappointing. It seems like most of you are just interested in complaining to GOG about prices they don't control and even try their best to compensate for. I see the high demand, but so far not a single valid (from my point of view) reason for it.

Edit: I still want to thank everyone for their honest answers. You all just want to improve the platform by pointing out its mistakes. Sorry for being so negative about it.
Talk about what's disappointing...
Yepoleb: I have some questions for the people interested in regional prices. Living in a eurozone country, my experience with it is very limited, so I'm asking here for some insights.

1. When do you look up regional prices and how are they relevant to you?
2. Do you prefer to have the price in USD, your regional currency or both?
3. Is history important or only the current values?
4. Using SteamDB's system as an example, what would you like to add or leave out?
5. Any other suggestions
1. I always look at the regional prices. If I have to pay more than the base price, I will wait for a sale. I also want to know which developers are greedy or which are doing completely arbitrary regional pricing (for example discounts for "rich" countries, while overcharging "poor" countries). I won't support such developers or publishers.

2. I prefer to have prices in USD.

3. I wouldn't say it's important, but it's at least interesting. Would like to see it.
PaterAlf: I also want to know which developers are greedy or which are doing completely arbitrary regional pricing (for example discounts for "rich" countries, while overcharging "poor" countries).
Now that seems to be the typical pricing model. UK, AU or CA discounts, Eastern Europe (even the non-EU countries!) price hikes...
I'm preparing for the update to introduces changelogs. Expect some downtime.
Post edited October 07, 2017 by Yepoleb