It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chaos dwarfs as first opponent is going to be tough, although I suppose it could be worse.
*cough* first thread replay file renaming rule *cough*

:)
rcthedigitalhero: Well, multiple injuries and deaths on the first game. and only 10K given to me for the loss.

Enjoy the league everyone.
Rather "cold-shower entry" to league, but now you can claim in honesty that youve had very authentic Blood Blood experience :)

Rod already mentioned some good pointers there, personally id still add that making sure you get 2 dice when you block with a player who doesnt not have block skill, but the opponent does have. Lizards get radical power up at offence and defence as the amount of block increases in team, thanks to saurus str4.

Also relating to this,i have "fun little wordplay" for those who are new to bashing game:

"Flay the skin, rend the flesh, break the bones."

...what that means, is that when youre looking to mainly lower the number of opponents players (as opposed to removing specific players), you aim first for those with low AV and no block/dodge - and then move up from there. Thus against lizards you aim the skinks, against chaos you aim beastmen & mino, against dwarves runners & slayers, against chaos dwarves you aim hobgoblins, against vampires you aim for the thralls etc.

The general idea behind this is ofcourse that you want to have more players on the pitch that the opponent and you are more likely to success at this if you aim to remove the soft unskilled av7 players as opposed to Rod's str5+av9+block kroxy.
Hey everyone, just a q: where's the GOG blood bowl steam group? I can't find it.
cheongzewei: Hey everyone, just a q: where's the GOG blood bowl steam group? I can't find it.
That's a thing. Before this league there was another GOG league which died after the first game. And THAT league had a steam group.
The admin of that steam group isn't part of the new GOG league (real life was getting in the way).
So we're not sure what to do now concerning a GOG Blood Bowl steam group. New group? Keep on using the old one? Contact that admin?
Would it even be better to have a steam group? Too many places to chat and get in contact can be annoying.
cheongzewei: Hey everyone, just a q: where's the GOG blood bowl steam group? I can't find it.
there is 'gog bb chaos league' -group. the admin is Ubivis, who kinda disappeared when we first started playing BB here on gog - the so called "Season 0". You can join it however.

have to see if we can either contact him to give admin rights to some of us, or whether we should make a totally new group. although joining a steam group is by no means necessary, it might help contacting people and seeing who is having a match without needing to add everyone as friend by name.

***Ninjas around it seems :)
Post edited June 22, 2013 by iippo
just played three matches (personal record on day) on Naggaroth - two with amazons and 1 with khorne. Guess i just have to admit that i dont know how to play with team that is not filled with block and/or str4 players :(
Morbi Chaos Dwarves won easily against my skavens 2-1.
Event though the score seems close, an early injury of the rat ogre punished me all the first half.
I needed some luck in some dangerous play to keep him from scoring, and didn't found it in my bag of tricks.
He will upload the replay soon!
Yep was a fun match, a finally a team which isn´t heavily dependent on unreliable players and secret weapons (:

Mefet has to mourn the death of one lineman and a few injured players. The Ratogre saved his power for the second half and injured 2 Chaos Dwarves, a third got fouled within the last turns, which makes 3 injured AV9 Dwarves over the whole match. Luckily only one of them suffered a MissNextGame injurie.

http://wikisend.com/download/740560/Weekly_S2_R1_Morb-Mefet.db
Morbi: Yep was a fun match, a finally a team which isn´t heavily dependent on unreliable players and secret weapons (:

Mefet has to mourn the death of one lineman and a few injured players. The Ratogre saved his power for the second half and injured 2 Chaos Dwarves, a third got fouled within the last turns, which makes 3 injured AV9 Dwarves over the whole match. Luckily only one of them suffered a MissNextGame injurie.

http://wikisend.com/download/740560/Weekly_S2_R1_Morb-Mefet.db
Real objective of the fault was to get the gutter runner fouled out, and safe from your last turn, sorry for the injury...
Post edited June 22, 2013 by mefet
It would seem my game against Mefet next week has become "The battle of the broken teams".
rcthedigitalhero: It would seem my game against Mefet next week has become "The battle of the broken teams".
I would not call either of your teams exactly broken yet, just slightly tarnished paint job perhaps.

1st season my norse vs Piran's underworld ended me causing her 2 deaths, 9 casulties and 2 KO's, while i suffered one casulty and 2 KO's.

I did promise her to go with something less bashy this season...will be interesting rematch with her in few weeks :)
rcthedigitalhero: It would seem my game against Mefet next week has become "The battle of the broken teams".
iippo: I would not call either of your teams exactly broken yet, just slightly tarnished paint job perhaps.

1st season my norse vs Piran's underworld ended me causing her 2 deaths, 9 casulties and 2 KO's, while i suffered one casulty and 2 KO's.

I did promise her to go with something less bashy this season...will be interesting rematch with her in few weeks :)
I suppose. This is the most broken I've ever been since I started playing this game, so it shall be an interesting experience.

I can only imagine that game was incredibly cringe-worthy from an audience standpoint. :P
rcthedigitalhero: I suppose. This is the most broken I've ever been since I started playing this game, so it shall be an interesting experience.
Note to self: crush you in practice. But only if I can ever figure how in the world I can beat you with ANYTHING.

For those who don't know, DigitalHero and myself are buddies and we play each other on a fairly frequent basis. He whoops me all the time.

Which means that hearing he got the hurt laid on him spooks me quite a bit, let me tell you...
Zeta: For those who don't know, DigitalHero and myself are buddies and we play each other on a fairly frequent basis. He whoops me all the time.
not ALL the time... We tied once >.>