It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: Unless this was (also) ironic, er, quite impossible to have a 3 times larger selection when more than half the catalog was on sale now, and the number of titles in the catalog increased since last year.
MarkoH01: But we want this. So GOG should probably start buying even more games immediately - hop, hop ;)
ArtmorePhD: I'm trying to limit my purchases to games that I will actually play soon.
MarkoH01: That's such a locical and great idea. I envy you that you are able to do this. Unfortunately I am just weak and even though I should do the same I most certainly won't do it. :)
Try this. Look at all the games you purchased and note the prices you bought them for. Then the next time the game goes on sale at a lower discount, or even free, make a mental note of it. Then smack yourself your picking up a game at a higher price just to leave it on the backlog for a longer time. Then when you've smacked yourself enough times, maybe you'll wake up and realize what you're doing :)

...........it worked for me at least.
MarkoH01: But we want this. So GOG should probably start buying even more games immediately - hop, hop ;)

That's such a locical and great idea. I envy you that you are able to do this. Unfortunately I am just weak and even though I should do the same I most certainly won't do it. :)
IwubCheeze: Try this. Look at all the games you purchased and note the prices you bought them for. Then the next time the game goes on sale at a lower discount, or even free, make a mental note of it. Then smack yourself your picking up a game at a higher price just to leave it on the backlog for a longer time. Then when you've smacked yourself enough times, maybe you'll wake up and realize what you're doing :)

Good idea but won't work for me. I have two hobbys only (pc and movies) and I live alone and work full time. So I basically have always enough money to spend but never enough time to enjoy it. I might quit my job and bs happy to be able to just pay my rent ... then it might work.
ArtmorePhD: I'm trying to limit my purchases to games that I will actually play soon.
MarkoH01: That's such a locical and great idea. I envy you that you are able to do this. Unfortunately I am just weak and even though I should do the same I most certainly won't do it. :)
IwubCheeze: Try this. Look at all the games you purchased and note the prices you bought them for. Then the next time the game goes on sale at a lower discount, or even free, make a mental note of it. Then smack yourself your picking up a game at a higher price just to leave it on the backlog for a longer time. Then when you've smacked yourself enough times, maybe you'll wake up and realize what you're doing :)

Genius! What worked for me was to switch to using an old PC:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs

I'm buying a lot of games, but most of them are under $3 each, so I can easily avoid spending a lot of money just by sticking to games that work on the old hardware. I have a new CPU to repair my main gaming-capable PC, but I've been using the old hardware for so long, I'm not so thrilled with the idea of spending more money on electricity and expensive games. It feels very good to keep getting value out of PC hardware I bought more than a decade ago.

DreamedArtist: I always love the addition of some free games. even the unlock bonuses was very nice this time around. <3
The only thing I want to improve is more unlock bonuses at higher tiers for people who spend more than $5 or $20 on a big sale. $50 and $100 tiers might be a good idea.
Post edited June 25, 2018 by badon