It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bastion got the Linux version at last: https://www.gog.com/game/bastion
sasuke12: Hoping to get the best Linux laptop for gaming this Christmas.
I'm not sure what you'd consider best but System76 laptops are built with Linux in mind, so you've got some peace of mind there that the hardware will be compatible.

From personal experience I've found that HP and Dell laptops have good support for Linux. Acer is not bad either but sometimes getting their Wifi cards to work requires installing some packages or a recent distro.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Ganni1987
sasuke12: Hoping to get the best Linux laptop for gaming this Christmas.
What's the config? Share it with us, pal!
BloodRayne - Easy Setup Patch for Penguin Users - Out Now!

https://www.gog.com/forum/bloodrayne_series/bloodrayne_1_easy_linux_setup_working_cutscenes_edition
Let's keep it CIVIL.
Tyranny is affected by large XFS partition bug. I added it to the list: https://www.gog.com/mix/linux_games_with_large_xfs_partition_bug

Bug is reported here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/missing-gui.982181/
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/tyranny-fails-on-large-xfs-partition-linux-unity3d-5-3-5p3.440949/
anybody here able to run Frozen Synapse on linux ?

i'm getting some weird segmentation fault. No idea what to do here:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xf2aa3b40 (LWP 5359)]
0x08332aa3 in Memory::free(void*, bool) ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x08332aa3 in Memory::free(void*, bool) ()
#1 0xf338444a in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libLLVMSupport.so.39
#2 0xf34e6054 in LLVMDisposeMemoryBuffer () from /usr/lib32/libLLVMCore.so.39
#3 0xf587db70 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#4 0xf5877b7d in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#5 0xf5879733 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#6 0xf588ba24 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#7 0xf57bdcd0 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#8 0xf57bda95 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#9 0xf7f8d27e in start_thread () from /lib32/libpthread.so.0
#10 0xf7c0103e in clone () from /lib32/libc.so.6
(gdb)

//edit:
steam version works fine
Post edited November 14, 2016 by immi101
immi101: anybody here able to run Frozen Synapse on linux ?

i'm getting some weird segmentation fault. No idea what to do here:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xf2aa3b40 (LWP 5359)]
0x08332aa3 in Memory::free(void*, bool) ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x08332aa3 in Memory::free(void*, bool) ()
#1 0xf338444a in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libLLVMSupport.so.39
#2 0xf34e6054 in LLVMDisposeMemoryBuffer () from /usr/lib32/libLLVMCore.so.39
#3 0xf587db70 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#4 0xf5877b7d in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#5 0xf5879733 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#6 0xf588ba24 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#7 0xf57bdcd0 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#8 0xf57bda95 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
#9 0xf7f8d27e in start_thread () from /lib32/libpthread.so.0
#10 0xf7c0103e in clone () from /lib32/libc.so.6
(gdb)

//edit:
steam version works fine
Yeah, but Steam carries a separate, near complete set of Linux userland libraries along with it, so that doesn't really help to narrow things down.

Given that it appears to be dying with a double-free inside your Radeon drivers and I've been meaning to install Frozen Synapse anyway, I don't mind testing to see if I get that problem against my nVidia binary drivers on Kubuntu 14.04.

Just give me 15 minutes to download it. (I cap lgogdownloader to half of my 5Mbit downstream since I have to share with the rest of the family and lgogdownloader knows how to resume if a network hiccup occurs.)
Post edited November 14, 2016 by ssokolow
ssokolow: Given that it appears to be dying with a double-free inside your Radeon drivers and I've been meaning to install Frozen Synapse anyway, I don't mind testing to see if I get that problem against my nVidia binary drivers on Kubuntu 14.04.
thanks, I appreciate that

the weird thing is that Memory::Free() is code from the game executable, that gets called from a thread inside the radeon driver. Does OpenGL has a way of specifying a custom memory allocator?
ssokolow: Given that it appears to be dying with a double-free inside your Radeon drivers and I've been meaning to install Frozen Synapse anyway, I don't mind testing to see if I get that problem against my nVidia binary drivers on Kubuntu 14.04.
immi101: thanks, I appreciate that

the weird thing is that Memory::Free() is code from the game executable, that gets called from a thread inside the radeon driver. Does OpenGL has a way of specifying a custom memory allocator?
I had to manually set the target resolution because of a known bug with nVidia binary drivers and TwinView resolution-changing, but it appears to work for me.

As for your question, I honestly don't know. I develop non-game applications and, aside from a little bit of fixed-function pipeline programming in university, I have no OpenGL experience.
Post edited November 14, 2016 by ssokolow
found a thread on the Arch Linux message board where someone ran into the same bug.
and found a solution:

The problem is solved now.
I contacted the support and it was in fact a bug in the game. Here is the statement of the developer:

The game engine has a custom memory allocator which was overriding the GPU driver’s calls. Fortunately it’s not actually necessary to use that memory allocator on Linux so we turned it off.
He sent me an updated executable via email and also pushed that version to the preview branch on steam so others can test it.
that's from 2014. The executable from GOG seems to be from 2012.
*sigh* GOG missing out on patches once again ?!

time to find that support address and send some mails.
immi101: found a thread on the Arch Linux message board where someone ran into the same bug.
and found a solution:

The problem is solved now.
I contacted the support and it was in fact a bug in the game. Here is the statement of the developer:

He sent me an updated executable via email and also pushed that version to the preview branch on steam so others can test it.
immi101: that's from 2014. The executable from GOG seems to be from 2012.
*sigh* GOG missing out on patches once again ?!

time to find that support address and send some mails.
Just checked the DRM-Free version on Humble and it's from 2012 as well.
Hey Community...

Probably some of you already know about the existence of this amazing tool.

For those that are yet unaware, I'd like to recommend you Lutris

Lutris is not just a container from where to launch your games off, you can also install your Wine games as well as all kind of emulators.

- The list of features is quite extensive:

• Manage your Linux games, Windows games, emulated console games and browser games.
• Launch your Steam and Desura games.
• Community-written installers to ease up your games' installation.
• More than 20 emulators installed automatically or in a single click, providing support for most gaming systems fr om the late 70's to the present day.
• Download and play libre and freeware games.

There's a lot more to come, here are some of the planned features that you can expect in future versions:

• Humble Bundle and GOG support.
• Mass import of emulator ROMs using the TOSEC database.
• Game saves management.
• Archive your installation files on external or network drives for a fully automatic installation procedure.
• Joystick configuration GUI with keyboard mapping features.
• Community features: friends list, chat and multiplayer event planning.

Plus, needn't to say is also Free Open-Sources and the dev that works on it is doing a terrific job.

So, instead of using those existing or "upcoming" (if you understand my words) close sources proprietary solutions with suspicious/mistrustful code - join Lutris instead!.
Lutgolhein: Plus, needn't to say is also Free Open-Sources and the dev that works on it is doing a terrific job.

So, instead of using those existing or "upcoming" (if you understand my words) close sources proprietary solutions with suspicious/mistrustful code - join Lutris instead!.
How is Lutris going to use Galaxy protocol, if it's not documented yet? I'm personally not going to use GOG Galaxy client if it will be closed, but making an open one is a pending task, and I somehow doubt Lutris or anyone else did that already.
Post edited December 01, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: How is Lutring going to use Galaxy protocol, if it's not documented yet? I'm personally not going to use GOG Galaxy client if it will be closed, but making an open one is a pending task, and I somehow doubt Lutris or anyone else did that already.
AFAIK Lutris will implement something like lgogdownloader (on something similar) and will use GOG's API's to communicate with GOG