It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can you check if installer creates these directories with 700 on your system?

P.S. I confirm that unzip creates folders with proper 755 permissions.
Post edited October 25, 2015 by Lotan
Lotan: Can you check if installer creates these directories with 700 on your system?
Yes, it does. I just tested it with Beneath A Steel Sky. You can report it to GOG.
Well, they said it was pretty much by design.

"This should not be an issue, as our games are provided with a strictly personal EULA, and are meant to be installed on a per-user basis." GOG.com Support
itiumbyte: (...)
Here you go if you’re looking for a way to install it system-wide:
Install BaSS on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc.
I'd like to install GOG games to a NAS, to a folder which is mounted as CIFS volume under /mnt/games.
When I run the install script I got a "symlink creation error".
Can I do something about it?

I see now that symlinks cannot be created to CIFS volumes.
The next question is, if the installer can be somehow get to work without the symlink creation.
Post edited November 04, 2015 by kacso.balazs
You can unpack the package manually.
X3: Reunion is one of those 32 bit games which don't work on large XFS partitions. The regular workaround (with small loop image) helps. I posted the bug here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/x_series/x3_reunion_linux_version_crashes_on_startup

and updated the list: https://www.gog.com/mix/linux_games_with_large_xfs_partition_bug

I'll try contacting developers, but chances are no one will care to fix this.
Post edited November 10, 2015 by shmerl
kacso.balazs: I'd like to install GOG games to a NAS, to a folder which is mounted as CIFS volume under /mnt/games.

The next question is, if the installer can be somehow get to work without the symlink creation.
CIFS may not support symlinks. Does your NAS support NFS?
kacso.balazs: I'd like to install GOG games to a NAS, to a folder which is mounted as CIFS volume under /mnt/games.

hummer010: CIFS may not support symlinks. Does your NAS support NFS?
Hmm, I see that it does.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice! :)
Hey guys, I already sent a support request a while ago and had this conversation with Gydion over at the Volgarr board, but he said, I should post it here too.

Volgarr won't start on my Linux Mint 17.2 64bit and all I've gotten out of it so far when it comes to information is
$ ./Volgarr: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ ldd Volgarr
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
libsdl2-2.0-0 is installed and every other game runs perfectly so I'm at a loss here. Any ideas?
Klumpen0815: libsdl2-2.0-0 is installed and every other game runs perfectly so I'm at a loss here. Any ideas?
Volgarr is a 32 bit game. Do you have 32 bit libsdl2 installed? What's the result of

dpkg --list | grep sdl

You should see libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 listed. If it's not - you are missing it.

Try also:

objdump -p Volgarr | grep NEEDED

And check that all those 32 bit libs are available. For me it shows:

NEEDED libGL.so.1
NEEDED libSDL2-2.0.so.0
NEEDED libstdc++.so.6
NEEDED libm.so.6
NEEDED libgcc_s.so.1
NEEDED libc.so.6
On a side note - developers should already stop making 32 bit x86 games. Practically all x86 Linux users are already using 64 bit hardware and can perfectly run 64 bit OSes.
Post edited December 01, 2015 by shmerl
Hi.

How to download binaries related to licenses purchased on gog.com? I must download broken sword and dungeon keeper 2.

Thanks.
I know Glaxy isn't supported on GNU/Linux and there's no alternative, because gogdownload linhk don't works.
lachu5: Hi.

How to download binaries related to licenses purchased on gog.com? I must download broken sword and dungeon keeper 2.

Thanks.
I know Glaxy isn't supported on GNU/Linux and there's no alternative, because gogdownload linhk don't works.
You can either download them in the browser or you can install LGOGDownloader and run this command in a terminal window:

lgogdownloader --download --game '^(broken_sword|dungeon_keeper_2)$'

Once you know that works, I've also written a GUI for it which you could use to get an experience more like the GOG downloader for Windows.

Also, here's a Wikipedia page explaining why you'd write "How do I...?" rather than "How to...?" in English.
Post edited December 12, 2015 by ssokolow
I second ssokolow suggestion, I’ve been using lgogdownloader for years on my Debian and have yet to find a downside to this really good piece of software.
Is Divinity: Original Sin coming here? Supposedly the Linux version is already out on Steam. And I wonder whether Larian will give a juicy discount on it to celebrate the Linux release. I didn't buy it on GOG sale, since Linux version wasn't out yet.