It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GrossorMD: Thanks to both of you. Both your replies have been very helpful to me :)
You're very welcome :)

shmerl had a good point too

shmerl: And it says "know your dependencies". If you don't know them - don't clutter your system.
although most users would prefer convenience of not having to wrestle with 32-bit dependencies manually.

shmerl: And this change happened in Debian a long time ago. Ubuntu just probably catches up now.
Multiarch was introduced in Ubuntu 11.04, but ia32-libs was maintained for a couple more years, support ending with 13.04. Debian had it fully functional with Wheezy so Ubuntu follows pretty faithfully.
let's bring more games to linux we could start with the Witcher 1

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/witcher_1_on_linux
damvcoool: let's bring more games to linux we could start with the Witcher 1
Nice initiative, but as 0Grapher pointed out in the comment to your wish, one has already been created so it would be better not to disperse votes and focus on single most-voted entry. Still, voted for yours too, as a token of support :)

To complete the list:
To CD Projekt Red - bring Witcher 3 and your other games to Linux please. (including link to shmerl's thread covering the same topic)
The Witcher 3 Wild hunt - Native port for Linux
Witcher Adventure Game for Linux
Post edited September 08, 2015 by v3
damvcoool: let's bring more games to linux we could start with the Witcher 1
v3: Nice initiative, but as 0Grapher pointed out in the comment to your wish, one has already been created so it would be better not to disperse votes and focus on single most-voted entry. Still, voted for yours too, as a token of support :)
I'll just point out that it's unlikely they'll care about making a native port of TW1. Even their version for OSX is using Wine. So I don't think we should expect anything from that, just use Wine if you want to play it.

For the native version of TW1, the only chance is project Xoreos which works on reimplementing the engine: https://xoreos.org/blog/2015/04/12/the-witcher-models-and-areas/
shmerl: And it says "know your dependencies". If you don't know them - don't clutter your system.
v3: although most users would prefer convenience of not having to wrestle with 32-bit dependencies manually.
For that developers should list needed appendices. GOG does provide that info usually.
Has anyone running Gnome been able to log into GOG with Epiphany/Web? It just refuses to work for me.
Attachments:
king_mosiah: Has anyone running Gnome been able to log into GOG with Epiphany/Web? It just refuses to work for me.
GOG login is wacky, even in Firefox it used to do infinite loops. At least in Firefox I could see it in the network console. Why do you use Epiphany by the way? I think Firefox beats practically any browser out there. I didn't even know Gnome project still develops it.
Post edited September 10, 2015 by shmerl
king_mosiah: Has anyone running Gnome been able to log into GOG with Epiphany/Web? It just refuses to work for me.
shmerl: GOG login is wacky, even in Firefox it used to do infinite loops. At least in Firefox I could see it in the network console. Why do you use Epiphany by the way? I think Firefox beats practically any browser out there. I didn't even know Gnome project still develops it.
Just trying the various alternative browsers because of some worrisome things happening at Mozilla lately...

Anyway, If you're using Gnome, Epiphany(now called Web) is actually not bad if you want a light weight, integrated browser.
Post edited September 10, 2015 by king_mosiah
Just tested and got the same problem (with 3.16.3-1 from Debian Sid). Not sure if it's a GOG bug or an Epiphany bug... you can try a bug report to Epiphany and see what they say.
Getting an error trying to run SOMA on Manjaro...

$ ./start.sh
Running SOMA
process 2549: arguments to dbus_connection_open_private() were incorrect, assertion "address != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 2664.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 2549 Aborted (core dumped) ./"${bin_64}"
king_mosiah: Getting an error trying to run SOMA on Manjaro...

$ ./start.sh
Running SOMA
process 2549: arguments to dbus_connection_open_private() were incorrect, assertion "address != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 2664.
I get a similar error on Mint 17.1 but the game runs:

process 2939: arguments to dbus_connection_open_private() were incorrect, assertion "address != NULL" failed in file ../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 2647.
king_mosiah: Getting an error trying to run SOMA on Manjaro...

$ ./start.sh
Running SOMA
Ganni1987: I get a similar error on Mint 17.1 but the game runs:

process 2939: arguments to dbus_connection_open_private() were incorrect, assertion "address != NULL" failed in file ../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 2647.
I found a solution. Just remove the SDL2 libs located in SOMA/game/lib64 and use your systems own versions of these libs.

Knockout Games other Linux ports had this same issue and were fixed in fairly short order. It is strange to have the same issue crop up now though...
Post edited September 22, 2015 by king_mosiah
Ganni1987: I get a similar error on Mint 17.1 but the game runs:

king_mosiah: I found a solution. Just remove the SDL2 libs located in SOMA/game/lib64 and use your systems own versions of these libs.

Knockout Games other Linux ports had this same issue and were fixed in fairly short order. It is strange to have the same issue crop up now though...
I tried it right away and the error is gone, thank you. :-)
Any Arch users get the Shadowrun games working?
Gydion: Any Arch users get the Shadowrun games working?
Do you have multilib enabled? It works for me in Manjaro which has multilib set by default.