It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hedwards: I'm still trying to figure out why downloading via the Windows or OSX Download manager isn't a possibility. Granted Linux users may not have access to Windows or OSX, but most will or at least know somebody who does.
They for some reason have troubles adding some (but not all) of the new games to the API (which exposes them to lgogdownloader and GOGdownloader). I have no clue why.
Post edited October 03, 2014 by shmerl
hedwards: I'm still trying to figure out why downloading via the Windows or OSX Download manager isn't a possibility. Granted Linux users may not have access to Windows or OSX, but most will or at least know somebody who does.
shmerl: They for some reason have troubles adding some (but not all) of the new games to the API (which exposes them to lgogdownloader and GOGdownloader). I have no clue why.
I noticed that and I did send them a ticket about that, but I haven't heard back. Apparently other people are able to access all the games through the API, but for me it refuses to download TW2 or WL2 for some odd reason. I'm not sure why GOG isn't able to fix that problem as I have a hard time imagining how this would be an lgogdownloader issue.

But at least TW2 has a patch rather than a full download, so hopefully they'll get things squared away.
GOG hopefully fixed my problem on their server as lgogdownloader is working for me and I haven't updated my copy since I upgraded to 2.18.

Still, it looks really bad when some people can access games using the API and others can't.
Quest for Infamy is segfaulting to me on Debian testing:
https://www.gog.com/forum/quest_for_infamy/problems_with_the_linux_version_of_quest_for_infamy

Apparently, the game is using AGS and some proposed to built AGS from the newest source. I'm trying to figure out how to run the game with it though.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by shmerl
See the update and info on the workaround in the dedicated thread. It's a bug which affects only quite recent CPUs and new glibc.

It's great when the engine of the game is open source which enables finding bugs in it properly ;)
Post edited October 14, 2014 by shmerl
I noticed on the tarball of Planescape: Torment that there are remnants of the Baldur's Gate wrap (a start.sh~ file, some other ~ files in the included Wine folder). Also sound doesn't work for me on Ubuntu 12.04.5 64-bit. Game runs but with no sound.
I cannot seem to get either Baldur's Gate game to run in Manjaro AMD64 or Antergos AMD64, an error window pops up, I'll attack an image of the error

Update: Clicking the close button on the error window lets both games run but with no audio and BG2 still fails to load/hangs after building a character. I leave this bit from the terminal below

ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x337ef8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dplay:dplobby_destroy Should kill the msg thread
fixme:d3d_surface:wined3d_surface_flip Ignoring flags 0x1.
wineserver: file_set_error() can't map error: Too many levels of symbolic links

(above is from BG2)
Attachments:
Post edited October 15, 2014 by king_mosiah
king_mosiah: I cannot seem to get either Baldur's Gate game to run in Manjaro AMD64 or Antergos AMD64, an error window pops up, I'll attack an image of the error

Update: Clicking the close button on the error window lets both games run but with no audio and BG2 still fails to load/hangs after building a character. I leave this bit from the terminal below

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x337ef8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dplay:dplobby_destroy Should kill the msg thread
fixme:d3d_surface:wined3d_surface_flip Ignoring flags 0x1.
wineserver: file_set_error() can't map error: Too many levels of symbolic links

(above is from BG2)
The "not enough disk free space to continue" could be referring to a read only location so it interprets it as "full".

Are there any "libasound" files in your BG installation (aka came with the package)? You might want to move/remove them, Earlier this morning I read a post about someone mentioning removing libraries from a game in order to fix an issue but I just can't find it.
Apparently they're working on Wasteland 2 as the "update" to the latest version is down from 11.7GB to 10.4GB. But at least it's available from the API now so that I can use lgogdownloader.

But it still astonishes me that they haven't been able to figure out that they don't need to include every single file in order to do an update.
hedwards: But it still astonishes me that they haven't been able to figure out that they don't need to include every single file in order to do an update.
Yeah, that's weird. Can't they make a simple checksum comparison and only include actually different files in the patch? Unless they are all different for some weird reason.
hedwards: But it still astonishes me that they haven't been able to figure out that they don't need to include every single file in order to do an update.
shmerl: Yeah, that's weird. Can't they make a simple checksum comparison and only include actually different files in the patch? Unless they are all different for some weird reason.
A patch on something this large could be relatively complicated to apply correctly. But, the could definitely just include only the engine files that changed or even just the engine files.

It's kind of annoying as every time there's a massive patch like this it takes my backup provider more than a day to back up the file.
shmerl: Unless they are all different for some weird reason.
I don't know about Wasteland 2, but it's entirely possible for a data file to be packed using compression (generally, it's quicker to decompress something fast like LZO than to load raw data off the disk) which is naive enough that, when they repack the data file with updated content, it generates a whole new compression dictionary, resulting in the entire file changing.
shmerl: Unless they are all different for some weird reason.
ssokolow: I don't know about Wasteland 2, but it's entirely possible for a data file to be packed using compression (generally, it's quicker to decompress something fast like LZO than to load raw data off the disk) which is naive enough that, when they repack the data file with updated content, it generates a whole new compression dictionary, resulting in the entire file changing.
That makes sense. Then even if the source didn't change, new compressed file can be different. But then they can make more elaborate check - i.e. if the source didn't change, don't use the updated compressed result as well in the final patch. Anyway, it won't be up to GOG, but up to inXile or whatever other authors in such case.
Post edited October 15, 2014 by shmerl
Hi Im not sure where to post this so I'll post it here, up until recently I had a different GOG account under an Old email address and had purchased a number of games with it (HOMM3,Masters of Orion, Dissonance to name a few) however the Email account I was using was Compromised and the password to my GOG account was lost, so I'm wondering if there would be a way to either A) transfer my games to my new account or B) gain access to my old account.
Gazzan1: Hi Im not sure where to post this so I'll post it here, up until recently I had a different GOG account under an Old email address and had purchased a number of games with it (HOMM3,Masters of Orion, Dissonance to name a few) however the Email account I was using was Compromised and the password to my GOG account was lost, so I'm wondering if there would be a way to either A) transfer my games to my new account or B) gain access to my old account.
Part of the reason why you can't find where to post this is because the forums are not for that.
You need to contact support using the button down below on the left (CONTACT US).
I imagine they would require some sort of proof that you purchased those games.
Post edited October 16, 2014 by madth3