It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A true blast from the past! In 1995, Disney Software and Buena Vista Interactive teamed up to bring Gargoyles for the Sega Genesis. This platformer was based on Disney's animated TV series with the same title, which was known for its dark and mature themes, complex characters, and engaging storytelling. The game quickly became an absolute gem thanks to its faithfulness to the source material and fun-packed gameplay.

Now, 28 years later, we’re gonna relieve those precious memories – Gargoyles Remastered is now available to pre-order on GOG.

It is an artfully crafted revival of the ‘90s classic 16-bit side-scrolling platform adventure. Relive the epic journey of Goliath and the Gargoyles featuring enhanced visuals, animations, and SFX, all inspired by the acclaimed animated series. The world of Gargoyles comes to life with a level of detail that will thrill fans of the animated series and retro gaming enthusiasts alike. Experience classic gameplay that stays authentic to its predecessor while including new features such as achievements, gameplay rewind, and more!

Use stone-crushing strength, scale stone towers and buildings with razor-sharp claws, and glide through the air as you master mid-air attacks and hand-to-hand combat in non-stop action to save the world from destruction.

Seamlessly toggle in real-time between graphics inspired by the animated series and classic 16-bit mode true to the original game.

Relive the story of Goliath and the Gargoyles’ battle against the evil Eye of Odin with new animations and sound effects inspired by the Gargoyles animated series.

Tailor your gameplay with modern features including instant rewind, wide-screen presentation, and achievements!

Experience the original soundtrack, remastered and optimized for a more immersive adventure.

All of that will soon be possible with Gargoyles Remastered – pre-order now!
high rated
GOG.com: Gargoyles Remastered – a revival of a 1995’s classic is available to pre-order!
Never played the game. But I enjoyed the TV series.
OMG, one of the most beautiful cartoons of the 90s!
Fun fact, the music composer of the original Genesis/Mega Drive version went on to compose music for The Batman (2022).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Giacchino
GOG.com: Gargoyles Remastered – a revival of a 1995’s classic is available to pre-order!
BreOl72: Never played the game. But I enjoyed the TV series.
Same.
One of a few intros/opening titles I can still recite the narrator's lines from.
Post edited September 07, 2023 by Swedrami
It's Disney, but this platformer actually looks good!
high rated
A pity it's not the Ducktales Remastered. Now there's a cartoon I grew up with, and a truly impressive remaster - probably the golen standard in fact. Ah well, let's hope that it will come here one day.

The Castle of Illusion remake would also be welcome.
Excited to play this. :D
It's a really awesome game with terrible collision, so hopefully they fix that lol.
If this contains an extractable Sega Genesis ROM, I'm sold!
16GB of RAM seems a lot for a game like this.
The way things are with Disney these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Gummi Bears game (just kidding).
Well, in my case, he passed on this game. A lot of memory RAM tells me that, perhaps, it has optimisation problems. On the other hand, Gargoyles was one of my favourite series in the 90's. A bit dark, gothic and daring for its time, but nostalgia doesn't give so much...
Attachments:
I prefer the original look but it's cool to have a remaster anyway.
Never played the original game, nor watched the series, but in my childhood I used to own few Gargoyles action figures as well as one friend of mine and we used to play together with them. :)

I'll just consider this one as a replacement for Sega Genesis ROM that I did plan to try out eventually, especially since there is a button to switch between remastered and the original at any time. If they don't screw something up, this will be the definitive experience with this game.
UCrest: 16GB of RAM seems a lot for a game like this.
Those are the recommended requirements, which GOG somehow has as the minimum. According to Steam:
MINIMUM:
Processor: Dual Core 3.0 GHz Processor
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 2 GB VRAM dedicated GPU
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible card or onboard sound
VR Support: N/A
Additional Notes: A monitor and dedicated GPU with a minimum of 60 Hz is required
Why you need a dedicated GPU for a 2D sprite game, however, is beyond me.
Yeah, gog honoring his old name, good old games. :-)