It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kurokami-Sama's Feast:

GOG version is missing the 1.0.2 update since April 2022. As reported by Theseekingseer in this thread:

the newer version includes a lot of quality of life improvements and replayability such as adding a CG Gallery and Ending List as well as some fixes being applied as it was indicated in the Steam Page update, the game is incomplete without these features which are important to a Visual Novel having multiples routes and endings.
JAST staff had this reported to them multiple times, but still no update.

--

Speaking of JAST, the publisher also has issues with the Full Metal Daemon Muramasa patch for GOG customers hosted on their site. The patch doesn't work as shown in this post, and still hasn't been fixed after multiple reports. They also haven't put the unrated DLC on GOG, which was promised earlier in the year (in this post, and in this tweet)
But I'm guessing that doesn't qualify for being added to the spreadsheet, since the patch is off-site and there is no Steam equivalent?
Post edited November 28, 2022 by milkyhighway
milkyhighway: But I'm guessing that doesn't qualify for being added to the spreadsheet, since the patch is off-site and there is no Steam equivalent?
Probably.. sadly they're often adamant about following this thread's weird title to the letter.
It could simply be a list of GOG games with issues to warn purchasers, but no..
Post edited November 28, 2022 by phaolo
_Auster_: Cave Story+
https://www.gog.com/game/cave_story

Missing Linux build
Don't know if it's still the case, but I remember on Humble Bundle (from one of the old DRM-free bundles), the Windows version got an update including at least one new challenge that the Linux version didn't get.
milkyhighway: But I'm guessing that doesn't qualify for being added to the spreadsheet, since the patch is off-site and there is no Steam equivalent?
No, not only on Steam. If a game is superior on another store compared to GOG (more updates, more features, no censorship, etc), then it belongs to the list.
Since this thread is about a comparison between different stores ... yes.
Everyone - no matter where he bought the game - has to get the patch from the website manually, so there is no one being threated worse than others. If the named website sold the game as well and would offer the patch in a better way for their own customers, then it would go into this thread.
Post edited November 28, 2022 by neumi5694
Airborne Kingdom is missing:
Soundtrack DLC

Cat Cafe Manager is missing:
Soundtrack DLC

Coromon is missing:
Soundtrack DLC

Dreamscaper is missing:
Soundtrack DLC

Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga is missing:
Soundtrack DLC
Art & Strategy Guide DLC

Dome Keeper is missing:
Soundtrack DLC
Pioneer Pack DLC
phaolo:
Grargar:
neumi5694: Everyone - no matter where he bought the game - has to get the patch from the website manually, so there is no one being threated worse than others. If the named website sold the game as well and would offer the patch in a better way for their own customers, then it would go into this thread.
Thanks for the clarification, everyone!

In Muramasa's case, it's only available in two places: uncut/complete on JAST, or censored/needing a patch on GOG.

So... based on this, I'm still not entirely sure if it can be included. They're technically different releases... but it doesn't feel right.
Also, if Muramasa gets included for these reasons, then a lot of VNs on GOG would be classified as inferior versions, as the VN publishers host the uncut versions on their stores.

Anyway, I'll leave all this to the thread manager(s) to decide!
Post edited November 29, 2022 by milkyhighway
milkyhighway: Thanks for the clarification, everyone!

In Muramasa's case, it's only available in two places: uncut/complete on JAST, or censored/needing a patch on GOG.

So... based on this, I'm still not entirely sure if it can be included. They're technically different releases... but it doesn't feel right.
Also, if Muramasa gets included for these reasons, then a lot of VNs on GOG would be classified as inferior versions, as the VN publishers host the uncut versions on their stores.

Anyway, I'll leave all this to the thread manager(s) to decide!
Are the uncensored patches for the other games available via an official website and are working as intended? If yes, I'd personally not include them, but there is a case to be made as a direct comparison to another store.

But you said that the patch for Full Metal Daemon Muramasa is not working as intended if you download it from the official website. What's worse, the developer/publisher has yet to do anything about it despite months having passed since then. That I would most certainly include in the list.
Post edited November 29, 2022 by Grargar
"Way of the Hunter" 1.5 (and likely above) will "nullify" your 1st save plus its photo mode needs an app like Steam to take a "photo."

I understand this is not well-fitting into the sheet, but this exact save issue is not present on Steam nor is the screenshot problem (no button to make anywhere, needs a 3rd party app), it's totally GOG-specific and done out of badly thought programming practices in regards to our game version. The game makes "Account_0_GOG" directory for saves on the 1st run, on the 2nd it moves the saves into new "Account_0" and then ignores the latter; The 2nd run does go OK on 1.5 (could be different before). The solution is to pre-make an empty "Account_0" folder in the saving path ("%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\WayOfTheHunter\Saved\SaveGames\") before run. I can't surely tell if these are the only bugs, could be more to be discovered.

If this unprofessional nonsense is not mistreating GOG customers as 2nd class, I don't know what this is.
Post edited December 04, 2022 by quickfixerium
quickfixerium: "Way of the Hunter" 1.5 (and likely above) will "nullify" your 1st save plus its photo mode needs an app like Steam to take a "photo."

I understand this is not well-fitting into the sheet, but this exact save issue is not present on Steam nor is the screenshot problem (no button to make anywhere, needs a 3rd party app), it's totally GOG-specific and done out of badly thought programming practices in regards to our game version. The game makes "Account_0_GOG" directory for saves on the 1st run, on the 2nd it moves the saves into new "Account_0" and then ignores the latter; The 2nd run does go OK on 1.5 (could be different before). The solution is to pre-make an empty "Account_0" folder in the saving path ("%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\WayOfTheHunter\Saved\SaveGames\") before run. I can't surely tell if these are the only bugs, could be more to be discovered.

If this unprofessional nonsense is not mistreating GOG customers as 2nd class, I don't know what this is.
Would be an issue if photo mode were crucial to the general functionality of this or any game for that matter, which obviously, just like achievements, it's not.

Is it a bit of a nuisance to have to use this save game workaround? Sure, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to lose any sleep over this slight inconvenience. Chances are it's going to be fixed with a future patch anyway. Just needs a little bit of patience.
CMiq: Would be an issue if photo mode were crucial to the general functionality of this or any game for that matter, which obviously, just like achievements, it's not.

Is it a bit of a nuisance to have to use this save game workaround? Sure, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to lose any sleep over this slight inconvenience. Chances are it's going to be fixed with a future patch anyway. Just needs a little bit of patience.
"First they came for the photo mode, and I did not speak out—because I think it's not cruicial. Then they came for the save files, and I did not speak out—because I was not losing sleep over this slight inconvenience. Then they came to do no patches related to it, and I did not speak out—because I think it'll be fixed in the future patch anyway. Then they came to remove the game from the store—and there was no one left to speak for it."

CMiq, why are you excusing and agreeing to be mistreated as 2nd class, will you love all games to be like that? I do not share this vision in principle, and that's why I decided to draw attention to the inappropriate misbehavior of the developers. My policy is quite simple: No mistreatment, big or small, is to be excused; Any mistreatment is not to be hesitated. Hesitating small mistreatment leads to bigger ones, always.

The bug was introduced in around 2022-08-29, the latest patch is in 2022-11-15 with no patches since (we steel have Halloween pumpkins). Nobody from the developers reads the forum or the reviews on the store page mentioning this for a very long time, and there is little to none chance of it being fixed. The unapologetically realism-powered likelihood is if it was not fixed in over 3 months, it may not fixed in the next 3 months and so on. So what basis for optimism is, do we have the developers reading the forum and responding to us as directly, do we have guarantees, do we see the game being designed not around Steam? We do not.

For bigger context, in my life, I saw too many times how hesitating "this is just microtransactions for cosmetics" led to adding gumbling in the form of lootboxes, items ruining game balance and a game being thrown out of the window from classic subscription model to "Pay to Win," ruining itself. How adding weaker testing-disk form of DRM lead to Denuvo and "always online." Please let's remember the past to not repeat it.
Post edited December 05, 2022 by quickfixerium
The Long Dark - the game is delisted from GOG, but from what I know the developer kept it on par with other stores for customers who bought it here.
I guess the game will remain in its vanilla state now - The Long Dark: Tales from the Far Territory DLC released on the other stores on Dec 5th, but with the main game delisted I doubt the people who got it here will get to play the expansion.
Post edited December 06, 2022 by Naathir
high rated
Unfortunately Edge of Eternity belongs on the list now. About a month ago it has received a BIG update with additional features like NG+. Steam update was released and nothing on GOG so I asked:

"Any idea when the new update will arrive on GOG?"
"We do not have a precise date at the moment. "

a few weeks later I asked again:

"Two weeks later. Is there any reason why GOGers still have to wait for the update they paid for as well?"
"We understand your expectation, but we are now a very small team continuing to work on the game. We don't have a date yet, maybe @kaldorei can be more precise"

oh I was soooo understanding and said ...

"I do understand that you are a small team and I really don't want to push you guys (again, I am super satisfied with the game as it is already). It is just hard for me to understand how uploading a build to another platform using just another backend could be that time consuming or complicated. This is a question I actually am interested to know the answer to since I am a longtime GOGer and I experienced bigger teams who weren't able to update GOG because of it being so complicated and time consuming along with single person studios who were able to update GOG and Steam at the same time, even providing gameplay tips and bugfixes as they went along. I really wonder what's true and if there's anything GOG could do to make things easier for the devs therefore making the customers happy by offering timely updates. If there are things GOG could easily improve to help here it would be a win win situation to tell them and I am all for improvement"

No reply but another announcement. The SECOND Steam update was about to come ... and in the announcement I could read:

This Steam update will soon be integrated into the next update for console and the GOG and EGS platforms.

I decided to tell them that they actually announced GOG this time but when I posted this:

"GOG is still waiting for the first update while the second is already announced. However this time it clearly states:
"This Steam update will soon be integrated into the next update for console and the GOG and EGS platforms."
Please keep this promise and don't admit certain stores just because you are trying to aim for the one with the biggest market share."

this was my reply

"We can't make that kind of promise. The Eterniteam, the team dedicated to the development of Edge of Eternity, is a very small internal team at Midgar Studio composed of three people. @kaldorei lends us a hand when he is available to release updates on different platforms. Our intention is to consolidate the updates already released on a monthly basis on Steam and then release them centrally on consoles. Due to our human and financial resources, we prefer not to communicate on any delivery schedule for releases on other platforms. Nevertheless we guarantee that you will be informed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your understanding."

The game was nice and fun but the behavior of the devs and the hope for understanding is absolutely inacceptible. Right now I don't have any idea if GOG will ever get updated since the devs refuse to give us anything for certain. I already regret that I recommended the game to others and I really regret that I used hours of my spare time to correct the German localisation, make screenshots with annotations and sent them to the devs ... I am just so fed up with such devs that only see Steam and expect understanding.
Post edited December 09, 2022 by MarkoH01
high rated
More than two months have passed since I had contacted GOG support about "SpellForce Platinum" being outdated vis-a-vis steam (where the game had been updated to version 1.61 back in April 2021). Nothing has happened in that respect in the meantime and the game remains grossly outdated on GOG.

I have given up on GOG updating the game anytime soon; I have therefore rebought the game today from a steam key seller for US$2.5. I can report that the steam version is DRM-free and client-free out-of-the-box, as far as I can tell. I bought my key from Fanatical but there are other places where you can buy the steam key for more or less the same price when on sale (https://isthereanydeal.com/game/spellforceplatinumedition/info/).
Post edited December 13, 2022 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: More than two months have passed since I had contacted GOG support about "SpellForce Platinum" being outdated vis-a-vis steam (where the game had been updated to version 1.61 back in April 2021). Nothing has happened in that respect in the meantime and the game remains grossly outdated on GOG.

I have given up on GOG updating the game anytime soon; I have therefore rebought the game today from a steam key seller for US$2.5. I can report that the steam version is DRM-free and client-free out-of-the-box, as far as I can tell. I bought my key from Fanatical but there are other places where you can buy the steam key for more or less the same price when on sale (https://isthereanydeal.com/game/spellforceplatinumedition/info/).
Sad.. btw did you try asking about Gog on Steam, in the patch discussion?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/39540/eventcomments/3172198151256171016?snr=1_2108_9__2107
I would do it myself, but I can't partecipate since I never bought anything on that store.