It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Exsurgent: Thanks for checking in on the Weird West devs. I haven't bothered with their Discord for a while because when we first brought this up on there, the response was "the GOG build isn't done yet" and then nothing but silence on that topic. And I just don't have the energy to fight on GOG's behalf anymore :/

Also thanks for mentioning that this is, apparently, a recurring event. The RPS article only calls it "time-limited", so I assumed this is a similar situation to how the Hitman games handled their "illusive targets".
The last official message:

Now 100% Official and confirmed by GoG QA: Weird West comes to GoG this Friday (tomorrow) at 3 pm CEST! Thanks everybody for your patience!
We are still waiting for Quake Enhanced Version.
Firewatch received an update today. It should now be on par with the Steam version. The soundtrack, however, is still missing.

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1459256379#builds
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1417880/Winter_Ember/ lists Digital Deluxe and Ultimate editions missing from https://www.gog.com/en/game/winter_ember

The differences are soundtrack and digital comic DLCs.
high rated
Linux support for Darwinia has been dropped on GOG while Steam got a Linux build of the 10000th Anniversary Edition.
We revel in being treated like an anonymous little nobody, cause that's what we are, albeit a DDG one. ((;--))
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is still lacking offline installers despite Nicalis themselves recently announced that "All platforms should now be current with the latest changes and fixes". According to gogdb.org, it looks like only the base game added a build but I'm assuming it's Galaxy-only.
high rated
eiii: Linux support for Darwinia has been dropped on GOG while Steam got a Linux build of the 10000th Anniversary Edition.
Fixed with the latest update, to my pleasant surprise. The new Linux installer name is darwinia_2_2_0_107_ga89766c6_gnu_linux_full_55262.sh and the catalogue page lists Linux as a supported OS again.
mhoffmann: I would like to add Vambrace: Cold Soul to the list of pending updates. It's an older game, but Devespresso just dropped an update to version 1.11 on Steam on 2-18-22 with a hotfix on 2-22-22. GOG version is still 1.10B, last updated 3-24-20.

I contacted Devespresso on their Discord, and below are their responses:

ZQD — 03/10/2022
The GoG update is possible on my side anytime, (of course I should bring the new build to the publisher to let them put it up on the server) but I wanted to make some space to monitor the latest update is stable enough on Steam platform, not update all at once. Plus, since I'm handling two projects at once all day long (Paka's Coffee to release it in Q2, and LLS for this year winter), I need more time to switch myself to update Vambrace on GoG and even EGS.

"ZQD — 03/18/2022
Update from myself: I built GoG version and Origin version, and sent to the publisher. It should be updated by their own hands now."

No new info since then. I know this is a recent one, but I happened to notice it because I just finished the game last month and was starting to replay it when I came across the Steam patch. I really want to do my second playthrough, but if the patch is coming, I'd rather wait for it.
It seems to me that devs sent updated version to the publisher, but publisher didn't send it to GOG. For example I was recently in contact with Oriental Empires dev about the missing update and once he uploaded it to GOG both offline installers and galaxy build were updated the very same day.
high rated
Paladin Dream is missing the soundtrack.
The Wizard and The Slug is missing the soundtrack.
Warpips is missing the Supporter Pack DLC.
The Occupation is missing the Deluxe Edition / Deluxe Edition Upgrade DLC.
Farmer's Dynasty is missing the Official Guide DLC.
Winter Ember is missing the Ultimate Edition / Digital Comic: Issues 0-4 DLC / the soundtrack.
HyperParasite is missing the soundtrack.
Hero's Hour is missing the Supporter Pack DLC.
Aquamarine is missing the soundtrack.
ABRISS is missing the soundtrack.
SOLVED - Glitchhikers: The Spaces Between is missing the soundtrack / Chill Beats Edition and the soundtrack 5-Volume Set / Deluxe Glitchpod Edition.
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is missing the soundtrack.

King of Seas is missing the soundtrack.
When asked on Discord about the absence of achievements on GOG that they had initially promised, was given this answer: "King of seas won't receive any more updates on GOG. This means we are not going to add achievements to that platform." It's unclear exactly what that means because they stopped answering each subsequent question. Upon verification it would appear that the last big update from last year is present on GOG, but it's not possible to accurately certify that.
Post edited June 19, 2022 by Alexim
VanishedOne: Fixed with the latest update, to my pleasant surprise. The new Linux installer name is darwinia_2_2_0_107_ga89766c6_gnu_linux_full_55262.sh and the catalogue page lists Linux as a supported OS again.
That's indeed a pleasant surprise. Strange that they have removed Linux support from the game card when the update of the Linux installer was only delayed by a few days. It also would have been nice when they would have kept the original version available for download as the anniversary edition has much higher system requirements.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by eiii
Alexim: King of Seas is missing the soundtrack.
When asked on Discord about the absence of achievements on GOG that they had initially promised, was given this answer: "King of seas won't receive any more updates on GOG. This means we are not going to add achievements to that platform." It's unclear exactly what that means because they stopped answering each subsequent question. Upon verification it would appear that the last big update from last year is present on GOG, but it's not possible to accurately certify that.
Barring evidence to the contrary, that sounds like a quite clear "we abandoned GOG as a platform" statement, which in principle begs the question why would they still receive any money from here. Of course, if the game itself has ceased development, it doesn't matter, and if any developments will only deal with something other than the singleplayer, offline part, then it goes on the second class citizens list for those who care about such things but any requests to remove the game itself wouldn't be justified. But if they abandoned GOG without abandoning the game, well...
high rated
Alexim: I have no idea, the only real success I remember was the revolt against tinyBuild, which was always releasing incomplete products on GOG, except that now it started to do the same thing again undisturbed, so it didn't last long.
EnforcerSunWoo: Which is the sad state of what this store front is becoming. GOG doesn't care enough to follow through with these publishers to make sure that their customers are being treated right. While it isn't their main job to force parity, it starts to look bad when support for a good number of titles is dropped, like what is going on here. What is the point of buying much of anything when you have no idea if you're going to be left with a broken product that could be updated but never will be because the publisher decided it is not worthwhile to do so? I can only imagine that they would rather tell most of us to fuck off if they could because they already have our money.
This is also what I've been noticing more and more recently... It looks like GOG has abandoned everything except the things that makes money: sales and new releases.

The whishlist never gets replies, the forums is abandoned...

...a ton of games come here missing features (The Binding of Isaac for example, I'm still waiting for the linux version)...

...DRM have been slowly, but surely started to appear on games (including CDPR own games)...

...the DRM free installers aren't consistently updated now (again, The Binding of Isaac, it took them almost 2 weeks to update the DRM free installer even though the update was on Galaxy)....

...a ton of developers seems to have gave up on the store, and never update their games now (Party Hard 1 and 2 for example).

I refuse to buy from a DRM store (unless it's a multiplayer game).

It's sad to see that the only store that was able to release AAA games DRM free, is just dying because they stopped caring about everything that doesn't make them money (today, Itch and Zoom-Platform seems to do a better job, and actually care).

Honestly... some games available on GOG have pirate Steam versions more maintained. It's sad.
Post edited April 24, 2022 by Kasper...
EnforcerSunWoo: Which is the sad state of what this store front is becoming. GOG doesn't care enough to follow through with these publishers to make sure that their customers are being treated right. While it isn't their main job to force parity, it starts to look bad when support for a good number of titles is dropped, like what is going on here. What is the point of buying much of anything when you have no idea if you're going to be left with a broken product that could be updated but never will be because the publisher decided it is not worthwhile to do so? I can only imagine that they would rather tell most of us to fuck off if they could because they already have our money.
Kasper...: This is also what I've been noticing more and more recently... It looks like GOG has abandoned everything except the things that makes money: sales and new releases.

The whishlist never gets replies, the forums is abandoned...

...a ton of games come here missing features (The Binding of Isaac for example, I'm still waiting for the linux version)...

...DRM have been slowly, but surely started to appear on games (including CDPR own games)...

...the DRM free installers aren't consistently updated now (again, The Binding of Isaac, it took them almost 2 weeks to update the DRM free installer even though the update was on Galaxy)....

...a ton of developers seems to have gave up on the store, and never update their games now (Party Hard 1 and 2 for example).

I refuse to buy from a DRM store (unless it's a multiplayer game).

It's sad to see that the only store that was able to release AAA games DRM free, is just dying because they stopped caring about everything that doesn't make them money (today, Itch and Zoom-Platform seems to do a better job, and actually care).

Honestly... some games available on GOG have pirate Steam versions more maintained. It's sad.
In GOG's defense, itch and Zoom don't provide a personalized installer and most of the support is provided by the devs when they have time if they have time, I saw a game you have to compile it yourself, if you consider thar a better job then GOG is doing a great job.
Ruvika: In GOG's defense, itch and Zoom don't provide a personalized installer and most of the support is provided by the devs when they have time if they have time, I saw a game you have to compile it yourself, if you consider thar a better job then GOG is doing a great job.
Don't know about zoom but as far as I know itch has one of the best APIs for devs to upload their build and because it is so easy itch games are rarely outdated (in fact if you get an update as a customer you'll even receive a notification about this per mail including a link to your game ... it could not get much better imo - and now I hope that this is not considered to be advertising by the strong new rule of censoring GOG ;)).

GOG's system however is considered to be quite complicated and often not workintg correctly (something we all know about GOG - their tech is ... well ... archaic? ... just look at this forum) which makes it a chore for devs to upload their build. Some devs will also have to upload their builds on a special tree that have to be checked first by GOG and remember that GOG is not very fast when it comes to communication with them.

Yes, not everything is their fault but GOG does not exactly do much to make things better in this regard. Whenever I talk to devs I often hear how nice those GOG guys are but also how unreliable and convuluted their system is. Make of that what you want.
Post edited April 24, 2022 by MarkoH01