It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Postal 4 has no achievements, overlay and cloud save in gog version
S̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶h̶e̶e̶t̶.̶

A̶r̶m̶i̶k̶r̶o̶g̶ ̶H̶A̶S̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶u̶x̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

EDIT: The Steam version only offers the soundtrack with Deluxe as well.
Post edited April 25, 2022 by ZubatyZub
Ruvika: In GOG's defense, itch and Zoom don't provide a personalized installer and most of the support is provided by the devs when they have time if they have time, I saw a game you have to compile it yourself, if you consider thar a better job then GOG is doing a great job.
MarkoH01: Don't know about zoom but as far as I know itch has one of the best APIs for devs to upload their build and because it is so easy itch games are rarely outdated (in fact if you get an update as a customer you'll even receive a notification about this per mail including a link to your game ... it could not get much better imo - and now I hope that this is not considered to be advertising by the strong new rule of censoring GOG ;)).

GOG's system however is considered to be quite complicated and often not workintg correctly (something we all know about GOG - their tech is ... well ... archaic? ... just look at this forum) which makes it a chore for devs to upload their build. Some devs will also have to upload their builds on a special tree that have to be checked first by GOG and remember that GOG is not very fast when it comes to communication with them.

Yes, not everything is their fault but GOG does not exactly do much to make things better in this regard. Whenever I talk to devs I often hear how nice those GOG guys are but also how unreliable and convuluted their system is. Make of that what you want.
Most of the games on Itch.io are really small indies or even school projects that are upload and supported by the devs, if the dev abandon itch the game dead. And also there a plenty of outdated games, at least when the devs release it on another stores like Steam. I heard more complex to update a game on GOG than on Steam (and Steam is a little tricky) but the same devs claim that is more easy and got more control now with Galaxy.
high rated
Ruvika: Most of the games on Itch.io are really small indies or even school projects that are upload and supported by the devs, if the dev abandon itch the game dead. And also there a plenty of outdated games, at least when the devs release it on another stores like Steam. I heard more complex to update a game on GOG than on Steam (and Steam is a little tricky) but the same devs claim that is more easy and got more control now with Galaxy.
If a game is abandoned by a dev it is dead on EVERY platform - that's no itch exclusive. And I fail to see the relevance what kind of devs are developing the games on itch.io or GOG when it comes to support only. Also those games that have outdated versions are in most cases indies anyway since games from bigger companys here on GOG are mostly classics and therefore don't receive any updates by their devs anymore anyway. It is a fact that GOGs support is bad and that GOG does not try hard enough to get their games updated. It is proven by the fact that the community is doing their job - getting games updated on GOG - far better... for years now. Yes, updating is more easy and devs have more control when you compare it to the time BEFORE Galaxy but if you compare Galaxy to other APIs devs won't praise it ... also - as I already said - some devs still have to use the test branch which means that GOG will have to approve everything before the customer will get it.
Post edited April 26, 2022 by MarkoH01
Download changed: Installer, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Mac, en
Version 2019.08.28 ⇒ 2019.08.28, Size 858.8 MB ⇒ 859.8 MB 2022-04-26

No idea what this update actually does, also neither the Mac or PC have the missing updates from 2020. Once again I had my hopes up when it popped up as being updated, probably should know better by now.
DEFCON

On Steam, it has CD key rotation feature once a month (old CD key is revoked and a new one is issued). Non-Steam players have permanent CD keys. While not affecting the gameplay in any way, it gives a player the following advantages:

- If a ban had been set on a CD key (authentication key ID) on DedCon server (http://dedcon.simamo.de/), it can be evaded a month or less later. For non-Steam users, it will be permanent. The docs for DedCon mention this.
- If a CD key had been leaked, it will be eventually reissued for Steam users. Non-Steam users will have to put up with this (duplicate key users are kicked from servers, be them players or spectators), as Introversion Software hardly responds to emails anymore.
EnforcerSunWoo: Download changed: Installer, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Mac, en

No idea what this update actually does, also neither the Mac or PC have the missing updates from 2020. Once again I had my hopes up when it popped up as being updated, probably should know better by now.
I tak with the dev some time ago because I was thinkimg about buy the game and he said that all the patches where on beta, when they release an official stable patch they will deliver always on GOG too, looks like it was true :)
Hacknet does support Steam cloud saves, but not GOG Galaxy ones

In addition, the Steam version has many mods available at Steam Workshop. A weird downloader website can be used by non-Steam users, but this website can go down anytime.

It probably doesn't have GOG achievements as well.

itch.io has additional no-swearing version which seems to be not present on GOG and possibly on Steam.
Post edited May 15, 2022 by cypherpunkswrite
EnforcerSunWoo: Download changed: Installer, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Mac, en

KetobaK: I tak with the dev some time ago because I was thinkimg about buy the game and he said that all the patches where on beta, when they release an official stable patch they will deliver always on GOG too, looks like it was true :)
And just how long ago was that?
KetobaK: I tak with the dev some time ago because I was thinkimg about buy the game and he said that all the patches where on beta, when they release an official stable patch they will deliver always on GOG too, looks like it was true :)
Crimson-X: And just how long ago was that?
Three weeks ago, approx.
Wasteland 2 has no achievements like the steam version.
You'd think Galaxy would have them by now, but I guess not.
CthuluIsSpy: Wasteland 2 has no achievements like the steam version.
It's counterintuitive, but missing achievements are tracked in the List of broken GOG Achievements thread. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is already listed as missing 46 achievements.
CthuluIsSpy: Wasteland 2 has no achievements like the steam version.
Ice_Mage: It's counterintuitive, but missing achievements are tracked in the List of broken GOG Achievements thread. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is already listed as missing 46 achievements.
Fair enough, thanks.
Rogue Legacy is missing soundtrack DLC.
Darwinia

Lacks the Legacy version for GNU/Linux at the moment. It may appear later.