It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinysalamander: Midnight Protocol is missing Linux version, which exists on Steam.

GOG page says "Note: Linux version will be available soon" since "forever".
It seems it had a Linux build already, according to the system requirements in the oldest snapshot of the game's store page on Internet Archive, but it disappeared some time in the following month.

Snapshot links for context:
[oldest one] https://web.archive.org/web/20211007024955/https://www.gog.com/game/midnight_protocol
[first that says "Linux coming soon"] https://web.archive.org/web/20211013154817/https://www.gog.com/game/midnight_protocol
(copy the links instead of clicking on them since the forum software doesn't like IA links)

My bet is that compiling the game with GOG's API broke the Linux build, similarly to what's been reported by the devs of Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion.
_Auster_: My bet is that compiling the game with GOG's API broke the Linux build...
I thought GOG has no Linux API whatsoever. Is that not the case? I mean, Galaxy doesn't even exist for Linux.
tinysalamander: I thought GOG has no Linux API whatsoever. Is that not the case? I mean, Galaxy doesn't even exist for Linux.
Not sure what is going on in the code, but I'd imagine it's probably meant for Mac and Windows only, and since most common engines nowadays are made to be more easily portable, maybe the compile process for Linux tries to check the API too. But to confirm, I'd suggest asking someone who already tried it (the Turnip Boy devs being the only ones I know of).
Post edited February 21, 2022 by _Auster_
turbidite: I haven't seen this one in the list:

Dead Age 2
Are you sure ?

GOG version is 1.112 not 1.1.2.
It's from january 2022.
As far as I can tell, the GOG version of Children of Morta hasn't received the recent "The Fellowship Sanctuary" update which notably features online co-op. This update was released on 14 February 2022, so it's maybe still a bit early to put it on the list. But on the other hand, we all know that some games just flat-out don't have (online) multiplayer on GOG because it'd (presumably) be too hard to port that functionality over. So I don't think it's out of the question that this update might never make it here at all - though that's just conjecture on my part.

This is a NON-ISSUE, but I'd like to bring this up, if only to inform people who may be wondering: I looked at the GOGDB entry for Necromunda: Hired Gun and I thought the game was missing its "Lunar New Year" update from 27 January 2022, which adds "38 brand new weapon skins and fixes some minor bugs" - GOGDB lists the last update in December 2021. However, when I play the game, the new weapon skins are definitely there, so this might be another case of an update being added to GOG early and showing up on GOGDB, but not going live until the Steam update is released. Please note: The offline installers seem to be outdated, so they probably don't have the new content yet.
Post edited February 22, 2022 by Exsurgent
high rated
Exsurgent: As far as I can tell, the GOG version of Children of Morta hasn't received the recent "The Fellowship Sanctuary" update which notably features online co-op. This update was released on 14 February 2022, so it's maybe still a bit early to put it on the list. But on the other hand, we all know that some games just flat-out don't have (online) multiplayer on GOG because it'd (presumably) be too hard to port that functionality over. So I don't think it's out of the question that this update might never make it here at all - though that's just conjecture on my part.

This is a NON-ISSUE, but I'd like to bring this up, if only to inform people who may be wondering: I looked at the GOGDB entry for Necromunda: Hired Gun and I thought the game was missing its "Lunar New Year" update from 27 January 2022, which adds "38 brand new weapon skins and fixes some minor bugs" - GOGDB lists the last update in December 2021. However, when I play the game, the new weapon skins are definitely there, so this might be another case of an update being added to GOG early and showing up on GOGDB, but not going live until the Steam update is released. Please note: The offline installers seem to be outdated, so they probably don't have the new content yet.
Clarification from the developers of Children of Morta (post#35 if the link doesn't take you there directly): https://steamcommunity.com/app/330020/eventcomments/4510921146060061525?snr=2_9_100003_#c4510921568795441403

From what I've seen, the build timestamp on GOGDB's Builds tab seems more like a creation timestamp of the build/branch. The date a build is added (on GOGDB's Changelog tab) seems to be a better indicator in terms of parity with Steam--but not always. :)
Hi everyone, I wanted to report these two classic games that I didn't see in the thread and list, they are:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee: GOG edition is English only, the Steam edition also includes Italian, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.

There is also a price difference: GOG 5.29 euros, Steam 2.99 euros.

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus: GOG edition is English only, the Steam edition also includes Italian, French, German and Spanish.

Same price difference as above: GOG 5.29 euros, Steam 2.99 euros.

Thanks, bye.
How are you guys telling the difference between the game developer not submitting updates to GOG, and GOG just not getting around to updating games?

I didn't search all the posts, but it would be nice if this sort of tip was added to the first page to avoid having games reported that are actually GOG's fault that it's not getting support.
fulano5321: How are you guys telling the difference between the game developer not submitting updates to GOG, and GOG just not getting around to updating games?

I didn't search all the posts, but it would be nice if this sort of tip was added to the first page to avoid having games reported that are actually GOG's fault that it's not getting support.
Developers can send files to the Galaxy pipeline at any time, so except for rare specific cases it's always their fault, or their publishers if they are the ones managing the GOG version.
fulano5321: How are you guys telling the difference between the game developer not submitting updates to GOG, and GOG just not getting around to updating games?

Alexim: Developers can send files to the Galaxy pipeline at any time, so except for rare specific cases it's always their fault, or their publishers if they are the ones managing the GOG version.
I see, that makes sense.
There is the case of the backup installers not being updated for very long time, but I guess that's not going to be the general base of users, but it prevents Linux users from getting any support since they can't use GOG Galaxy. I just recently found out about this because I tried buying a newer game that was still being developed and it's been weeks so far waiting for the installer to get updated. Galaxy users did get the update right away so this one is definitely on GOG.
Alexim: Developers can send files to the Galaxy pipeline at any time, so except for rare specific cases it's always their fault, or their publishers if they are the ones managing the GOG version.
fulano5321: I see, that makes sense.
There is the case of the backup installers not being updated for very long time, but I guess that's not going to be the general base of users, but it prevents Linux users from getting any support since they can't use GOG Galaxy. I just recently found out about this because I tried buying a newer game that was still being developed and it's been weeks so far waiting for the installer to get updated. Galaxy users did get the update right away so this one is definitely on GOG.
Yeah, this unfortunately is yet another problem due to GOG's slowness in preparing some offline installers, which creates yet another layer of third-class citizens within GOG customers themselves. This thread, however, deals with the differences in treatment between GOG and other stores on PC.
turbidite: I haven't seen this one in the list:

Dead Age 2
Edward_Carnby: Are you sure ?

GOG version is 1.112 not 1.1.2.
It's from january 2022.
Good point !

It's hard to say because no changelogs have been posted and there has been no post from the dev on the forum since october 2020.

He hasn't answered my email yet but it"s not that old so I hope he can clarify.
Post edited February 23, 2022 by turbidite
ALAKAZAM1: snip
Succubus is now up to date.
Little follow up about Sparklight missing its Linux and Mac builds, taken from a message from one of the devs on Discord:
Our contact (from the publisher) was on break. We did (contact them however, but) it's going to take some convincing (them) to put it up. We will let you know if we are able to but sorry to say it won't be right away.
Stuff in parenthesis in the quote was added by me to make the quote clearer.
Maybe it's too early to put this game on the list, but despite Talisman: Digital Edition received updated build on Monday supporting four new Legendary Decks (Frostmarch, Sacred Pool, City and Blood Moon), this DLC is still not available for purchase. This is likely GOG's fault rather than Nomad's - The update is there, but not the DLC pages.
Post edited February 26, 2022 by JamesBond007