It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Does GOG know?
Attachments:
MarkoH01: Does GOG know?
Desmight:
Well, at least they have noted it on the gamecard so everybody can decide for him or herself if he/she would still want to buy the game or not.
Yes exactly, all the incriminating games report the problem in their gamecard.

Of course it would be better if GOG forced the developers' hand for a fully DRM-free experience, but probably these locked DLCs are a kind of guarantee for their exclusivity, so it's hard to convince the developers.
Alexim: Yes exactly, all the incriminating games report the problem in their gamecard.

Of course it would be better if GOG forced the developers' hand for a fully DRM-free experience, but probably these locked DLCs are a kind of guarantee for their exclusivity, so it's hard to convince the developers.
I still do hope that this is not a trend and GOG will refuse future games with this bad feature. You can name it like you want but having to create a third party account to get access to everything in the game you payed money on a store that has "DRM-free" on the front page and every announcement (it's actually their biggest selling point at the moment) is not at all okay and should also not be treated lightly. I hope that GOG is seeing that this might be a slippery slope.
Post edited November 28, 2018 by MarkoH01
Alexim: Yes exactly, all the incriminating games report the problem in their gamecard.

MarkoH01: I still do hope that this is not a trend and GOG will refuse future games with this bad feature. You can name it like you want but having to create a third party account to get access to everything in the game you payed money on a store that has "DRM-free" on the front page and every announcement (it's actually their biggest selling point at the moment) is not at all okay and should also not be treated lightly. I hope that GOG is seeing that this might be a slippery slope.
X4: Foundations, that's 2 games, and therefore i think worthy of calling a trend.
MarkoH01: I hope that GOG is seeing that this might be a slippery slope.
As if GOG wouldn't have been on slippery slopes for several years now... I mean, if dents even in this last remaining value are surprising, you haven't been paying attention...
MarkoH01: I hope that GOG is seeing that this might be a slippery slope.
Cavalary: As if GOG wouldn't have been on slippery slopes for several years now... I mean, if dents even in this last remaining value are surprising, you haven't been paying attention...
I might have miss some of course but now you made me curious what you are meaning specifically. Care to give some examples for me? That's not meaning that I don't believe you but those "dents" you are mentioning might be some that I personally (subjective - I am just talking about myself here) don't consider to be that bad.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by MarkoH01
Cavalary: As if GOG wouldn't have been on slippery slopes for several years now... I mean, if dents even in this last remaining value are surprising, you haven't been paying attention...
MarkoH01: I might have miss some of course but now you made me curious what you are meaning specifically. Care to give some examples for me? That's not meaning that I don't believe you but those "dents" you are mentioning might be some that I personally (subjective - I am just talking about myself here) don't consider to be that bad.
Was mainly referring to the fact that this value will go the way of the rest eventually, so unsurprising to see it start to weaken. But I guess you can refer to some previous things that happened too, I mean, we have Gwent here for one, not just Thronebreaker, and I seem to remember something about at least one other game requiring a connection for some additional content before this current batch?
MarkoH01: I might have miss some of course but now you made me curious what you are meaning specifically. Care to give some examples for me? That's not meaning that I don't believe you but those "dents" you are mentioning might be some that I personally (subjective - I am just talking about myself here) don't consider to be that bad.
Cavalary: Was mainly referring to the fact that this value will go the way of the rest eventually, so unsurprising to see it start to weaken. But I guess you can refer to some previous things that happened too, I mean, we have Gwent here for one, not just Thronebreaker, and I seem to remember something about at least one other game requiring a connection for some additional content before this current batch?
At least they reversed it for Dying Light so they must be aware about the fact that the community dislikes this nad hopefully will refrain from letting this become the norm. GWENT of course is a special problem since it should have been absent from the store but that could hardly be expected from a game developed by CDPR on their own store. Does not make it really better but at least kind of understandable. I think it is important for us to show GOG that we dislike this whenever it happens, GOG really needs to know that the majority does not want those games to be sold here at all.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by MarkoH01
Wuppo now has the updates up to 1.1.104 :)
MarkoH01:
Look how well backlash worked for regional pricing... They'll step back a few times, give it some more time, test the waters again, let it trickle, then flood, then even change games that weren't added this way at first. They're all about growth after all, and any values stand in the way of that... And since most users aren't vocal, they'll always be able to push the "silent majority" forward against any complaints, and with them targeting the same market as the others, trying to get Steam&worse users to look here too, those already don't mind DRM. They won't be throwing the frog right in the boiling water again, they'll take it easy until/unless they'll draw enough of those to really not care about having any other selling point, of course, but it's heading there.
Serial Cleaner is greeting a “Steam exclusive” update...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/522210/announcements/detail/1707324367079997967
Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with the thread, but i see someone mentioning Dying Light should be taken off the list. Was anything ever done about the missing dockets that are only available for the Steam version as far as i'm aware?
Opus Magnum: user-created levels cannot be imported due to lack of Steam Workshop
Pizza Connection 3 "Halloween Update" was released a month ago on steam, it's still not available on GOG:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/588160/announcements/detail/1702817596406734005