It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timelie is missing this controller support patch:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1150950/view/4897094026264706320
Ghildrean: It cost 10 bucks here now, but still doesn't include the original base and expansion.
You are right. It seems like they permanently dropped the price when the QuakeCon sale began.
Grargar: Doom 3 on Steam now costs 10 bucks, and comes with the original version, the expansion and the BFG Edition, in contrast to GOG that only has the BFG Edition and costs 20 bucks.
Fortunately, there is now a pretty good source port for the original version called dhewm3:

https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3

All you need are the original's files to run it. It can even run without Steam, effectively making that version drm-free.
저기: You attempted to explain away the lack/delay of game updates on Gog by labeling updates that have been published in the game's default branch [Steam] as 'beta'.
Expeditions: Rome doesn't have a public beta branch on Steam BTW
Ruvika: I tell you what the devs tell me, they didn't see it as a official patch, they public the official patchs in the update tab, just like it happen with this latest one. As soon as they release a new officil patch they bring it to GOG at the same time.
Half of all game updates did not appear in the "update tab" [Steam], and yet
all game updates on Steam also arrived on Gog on the same day or the next, except for two: Hotfix 1.4 ("official", ~4.5 months later) and Patch 1.4.1 (~3.5 months later).

Expeditions: Rome [Steam] > View update history
Patches [SteamDB]

"Official" patches (in update tab/"certified") since full game release January 20, 2022; all but one (Hotfix 1.4) published on Gog same day/+1d as on Steam:
[Content Updates]
Jan 27 [Regular Update] Hotfix - v1.1.4
Mar 29 [Major Update] Patch 1.3
Apr 13 [Small Update / Patch Notes] Hotfix 1.4
Aug 30 [Major Update] The Controller Patch Version 1.5

Patches not in update tab, since full game release January 20, 2022; all but one (Patch 1.4.1) published on Gog same day as on Steam:
[News]
Jan 24 [News] v1.1.3 - Patch Notes
Feb 09 [News] The "little" Patch - V1.2.0
Feb 17 [News] 1.2.1
Apr 12 [News] Expeditions: Rome Gets Gladiator-DLC "Death or Glory"
May 16 [News] Good news everyone! Patch 1.4.1 is now out

I wonder if the little Gog-exclusive bug BUG: missing unlocked customizations has been fixed.
high rated
BioShock 1, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite have received a "Quality of Life Update" on Steam, but beware, this time we have to rejoice in the second-class treatment, because in reality the update only adds a useless launcher which includes a store to purchase "new content."
Thymesia and Hard West 2

Both received their first patches on Steam a week ago, but there is a dead silence when it comes to GOG patches.
Post edited September 05, 2022 by Aslaat
Bioshock Remastered recived a new patch on Steam that broke the game for some player and in case it work just add some DRM on top, it hasn't arrived on GOG and probably it won't, at least according to the Mafia Definitive Edition warning recentily released here (https://www.gog.com/game/mafia_definitive_edition). So, my question is... this should be consider second class or privileged class?
Ruvika: Bioshock Remastered recived a new patch on Steam that broke the game for some player and in case it work just add some DRM on top, it hasn't arrived on GOG and probably it won't, at least according to the Mafia Definitive Edition warning recentily released here (https://www.gog.com/game/mafia_definitive_edition). So, my question is... this should be consider second class or privileged class?
I think we can safely leave that off the second class list. Not that it matters as the pc versions of Bioshock 1 & 2 have always been busted to hell anyways lol. It's why i've never bought them on pc, original or remastered.
Post edited September 06, 2022 by Lucian_Galca
Ruvika: Bioshock Remastered recived a new patch on Steam that broke the game for some player and in case it work just add some DRM on top, it hasn't arrived on GOG and probably it won't, at least according to the Mafia Definitive Edition warning recentily released here (https://www.gog.com/game/mafia_definitive_edition). So, my question is... this should be consider second class or privileged class?
Lucian_Galca: I think we can safely leave that off the second class list. Not that it matters as the pc versions of Bioshock 1 & 2 have always been busted to hell anyways lol. It's why i've never bought them on pc, original or remastered.
No, it's second class. Because in the end the game is not up to date. Even if it adds in the end a drm. The 2 games must be identical in game version for them not to be considered second class.
Lucian_Galca: I think we can safely leave that off the second class list. Not that it matters as the pc versions of Bioshock 1 & 2 have always been busted to hell anyways lol. It's why i've never bought them on pc, original or remastered.
Lukin86: No, it's second class. Because in the end the game is not up to date. Even if it adds in the end a drm. The 2 games must be identical in game version for them not to be considered second class.
As far as I know, the only thing that update adds is an unnecessary launcher that actually broke Steam Deck compatibility. Hardly something that should be added to an already cluttered and difficult to maintain list.
high rated
Lukin86: No, it's second class. Because in the end the game is not up to date. Even if it adds in the end a drm. The 2 games must be identical in game version for them not to be considered second class.
You must be kidding. We never need nor want updates that break games.
high rated
If the update is a net negative, then it shouldn't be viable for the list. See Hitman 2, for instance , which is version 1.02 on Steam and 1.01 on GOG. Despite that, the 1.02 update is inferior, because the only thing it does is censor stuff in one level.
high rated
Another example is Jagged Alliance 2 Unfinished Business, the game has an update on Steam that make the game unplayable on W10, as far as I know and accordingly to reviews the games seems to run fine here on GOG so apparently is the problem is related with this patch.
It's a patch that only purpose is to add more DRM to an old game... what will you want that? GOG VERSION is currently the superior version.
Post edited September 07, 2022 by Ruvika
high rated
Honestly, I don't really think the patch adding DRM should have a place on a platform that boasts its "DRM-free"-ness. Especially when that's the *only* thing it adds.
It may get a bit blurry when there are other features introduced in tandem, but in this case? No, thank you.
I have news for you. MANY games are not identical on Steam and GOG even though they have received the same patches ect. So wanting them to be completely identical including DRM - which has no place here on GOG - is simply not what this thread is about.