It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

randomuser.833: Wouldn't be to sure about that. Spec ops should be still owned by 2k
Grargar: Yes, it does, but where is the problem? 2K is already a publisher here.
Just thinking that 2k is much more into DRM.
With that "old" game they might come here too, but I think something from THQ would be more likely

We will see, maybe both will hit us and that would be a very good day.
Grargar: Yes, it does, but where is the problem? 2K is already a publisher here.
randomuser.833: Just thinking that 2k is much more into DRM.
With that "old" game they might come here too, but I think something from THQ would be more likely

2K has Bioshock 1&2, Mafia 1-3, Civilization 4, Xcom Enemy Unknown and Declassified, Freedom Force, Swat 3 and 4 and a ton of other games so there's absolutely nothing stopping them from releasing it here.

Besides Spec Ops The Line isn't all that great or hugely popular that it would prevent it to be here.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by ChrisGamer300

2K has brought newer games here like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, The Bureau, Mafia 3 and the Bioshock Remasters. A 7-years-old game like Spec-Ops: The Line, which has been both bundled to death and even offered for free, I wouldn't consider it eyebrow-raising if it came here.
StarChan: Then there's Dreadnought, the .. dreadnought sim.
Nah, I doubt GOG would want to go with this game as their first MMO.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by Grargar

Grargar: 2K has brought newer games here like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, The Bureau, Mafia 3 and the Bioshock Remasters. A 7-years-old game like Spec-Ops: The Line, which has been both bundled to death and even offered for free, I wouldn't consider it eyebrow-raising if it came here.
StarChan: Then there's Dreadnought, the .. dreadnought sim.
Grargar: Nah, I doubt GOG would want to go with this game as their first MMO.
They wouldn't have to, if the single-player campaign happened to be substantial. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the title to tell whether it is.
We will what Yager will get us. They only did 2 games that can show up here.
To be honest, they made 3 games so far...
Grargar: 2K has brought newer games here like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, The Bureau, Mafia 3 and the Bioshock Remasters. A 7-years-old game like Spec-Ops: The Line, which has been both bundled to death and even offered for free, I wouldn't consider it eyebrow-raising if it came here.

Nah, I doubt GOG would want to go with this game as their first MMO.
StarChan: They wouldn't have to, if the single-player campaign happened to be substantial. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the title to tell whether it is.
It is more or less a pure f2p pvp game like World of tanks or similar stuff.
randomuser.833: We will what Yager will get us. They only did 2 games that can show up here.
StarChan: They wouldn't have to, if the single-player campaign happened to be substantial. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the title to tell whether it is.
randomuser.833: It is more or less a pure f2p pvp game like World of tanks or similar stuff.
According to their website, you can also:

'Explore the solar system in the episodic, single-player, story-driven campaign.'

https://www.yager.de/projects/index.html
i_hope_you_rot: Hmm . This website says both are abandonware .

https://sites.google.com/site/indysdesktop/home22
Randalator: "Abandonware" is not a legal term or a type of license. It literally means "You're just lucky that you're not getting sued for pirating because no rights holder has bothered to as of yet despite having every legal right to do so".
Abandonware has no legal meaning whatsoever. If a company owns the rights to the game, they still own it even if they choose not to keep mafacturing a game, just like a puvlishing company still owns the rights to a book even if they choose to put a geme on the :Out of print" list. Out of print does not effect copyright, it is just a business decision that a publisher no longer things it's profitable to keep publishing a book.
If you download abadonware, chances are you pirating the game.
If Lucasarts wanted to get ansty, they could force the sites offering lucasarts games for free download to take them down. But I guess Lucasarts decided it's not worth the time and hassle to do so.
Anyway, abandonware or not; you cannot play the Indy Desktop Adventures on a 64 bit computer. You can play Yoda Stories, though. Indy is 16 bit, Yoda 32 bit, though they use basically the same program.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by dudalb
randomuser.833: We will what Yager will get us. They only did 2 games that can show up here.

It is more or less a pure f2p pvp game like World of tanks or similar stuff.
StarChan: According to their website, you can also:

'Explore the solar system in the episodic, single-player, story-driven campaign.'

Its not the monitarisation of the game but more like a bonus they might come back to in the future

WILL THERE BE A PVE (PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT) MODE ON PC?
Dreadnought on PC currently offers one PvE mode: the Proving Grounds. This game mode introduces players to basic battle strategies by putting them up against a variety of low-tier, AI-controlled vessels.
With that said, we do plan to release even more game modes in the future. We would like to share more about Dreadnought’s underlying story and universe, and we think a narrative-driven PvE mode would be a good way to do that. For a glimpse of what we’re working on, check out this Long Range Scan episode.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/pc-game-overview/

It is more like Warthunder, if you ever pleyed that one.
It is a PvP F2P game with tech trees were you unlock vehicles and then you research upgrade parts for them.
But that game got single player missions too you will unlock by doing certain things in PvP, a horde PvE mode, "dynamic campains", that can played together in a team and even a special single player campain you can buy.

Nothing of that is the main focus of the game nore the way they make money.
Money comes from being a PvP team vs team with research and upgrade mechanic that is account bound.
I see that the Special Edition of the classic Sierra game "Gold Rush" still has not shown up here.

randomuser.833: Wouldn't be to sure about that. Spec ops should be still owned by 2k
Not familiar with this game or kow the situation, but sometimes the publisher of a game does not own the game, it just agreed to distribute and help market if in return for a percentage of the profits. Once the contract expiers, the people who actually own the game can go to another pubisher, and the company loses the rights to sell the game.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by dudalb
StarChan: According to their website, you can also:

randomuser.833: Its not the monitarisation of the game but more like a bonus they might come back to in the future

WILL THERE BE A PVE (PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT) MODE ON PC?
Dreadnought on PC currently offers one PvE mode: the Proving Grounds. This game mode introduces players to basic battle strategies by putting them up against a variety of low-tier, AI-controlled vessels.
With that said, we do plan to release even more game modes in the future. We would like to share more about Dreadnought’s underlying story and universe, and we think a narrative-driven PvE mode would be a good way to do that. For a glimpse of what we’re working on, check out this Long Range Scan episode.
Well, it wasn't as if I was holding my breath anyway. We'll see what comes of it. Thanks for taking the time to dig out information.
high rated
So many great games on the way!
Supraland
Heaven's Vault
Spec Ops: The Line (most likely)
S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster (LAN MP included! Rarity these days!)
Titan Quest: Atlantis
In a couple of months we should get Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Most recently we received SW: Battlefront.

And so on...

I am delighted!
Post edited May 11, 2019 by Loger13
Loger13: So many great games on the way!
Supraland
Heaven's Vault

And so on...

I am delighted!
Where did you see Spec Ops?
I don't see any kind of single-player campaign on the game's Steam page. All I see are the words MMO, Free-to-play and In-app purchases.
dudalb: Not familiar with this game or kow the situation, but sometimes the publisher of a game does not own the game, it just agreed to distribute and help market if in return for a percentage of the profits. Once the contract expiers, the people who actually own the game can go to another pubisher, and the company loses the rights to sell the game.
I am well aware of the general rules of distribution rights and have been so for years. As for this specific example, I have no reason or indication to believe that anyone other than 2K owns the game.
Post edited May 11, 2019 by Grargar
Loger13: So many great games on the way!
Supraland
Heaven's Vault

And so on...

I am delighted!
.Ra: Where did you see Spec Ops?
YAGER got added to the list of companies in the catalogue. So it could either be Spec Ops or the game of the same name, Yager from 2003. Both are published by companies that are already here, so both are possible.
.Ra: Where did you see Spec Ops?
Nergal01: YAGER got added to the list of companies in the catalogue. So it could either be Spec Ops or the game of the same name, Yager from 2003. Both are published by companies that are already here, so both are possible.
But given that Yager (the game) received middling reviews, and that GOG managed to nab two recent 2K releases (both Bioshock remasters are more recent than Spec Ops, after all), I would expect Spec Ops to be the new release.

Mind, it might be for the Summer sale. After all, Bioshock was identified in this thread about 2 or 3 weeks before it was released.