It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dudalb: Abandonware has no legal meaning whatsoever. If a company owns the rights to the game, they still own it even if they choose not to keep mafacturing a game
What about games for which the owners of the rights went out of business and therefore no longer exist?
dudalb: Abandonware has no legal meaning whatsoever. If a company owns the rights to the game, they still own it even if they choose not to keep mafacturing a game
Ancient-Red-Dragon: What about games for which the owners of the rights went out of business and therefore no longer exist?
The rights would still be held by the company as a legal person, unless they were otherwise acquired. Just like copyright doesn't end when the creator dies (paintings by Jackson Pollock, for example, remain under copyright), the copyright to a game doesn't end when the studio goes under. Neither do other rights.
Post edited May 11, 2019 by Crisco1492
Crisco1492: But given that Yager (the game) received middling reviews, and that GOG managed to nab two recent 2K releases (both Bioshock remasters are more recent than Spec Ops, after all), I would expect Spec Ops to be the new release.

Mind, it might be for the Summer sale. After all, Bioshock was identified in this thread about 2 or 3 weeks before it was released.
I certainly wouldn't mind having Spec Ops here, so here's hoping for that. :D
Post edited May 11, 2019 by Nergal01
Ancient-Red-Dragon: What about games for which the owners of the rights went out of business and therefore no longer exist?
Crisco1492: The rights would still be held by the company as a legal person, unless they were otherwise acquired. Just like copyright doesn't end when the creator dies (paintings by Jackson Pollock, for example, remain under copyright), the copyright to a game doesn't end when the studio goes under. Neither do other rights.
Oh yeah, the rights on of a composer or author are sometimes insane. Depending on the country somebody got the rights for some decades after the original rights holder died to feed his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Sometimes called Lex Disney or Lex Mickey Mouse...
Post edited May 11, 2019 by randomuser.833
Loger13: So many great games on the way!
Supraland
Heaven's Vault
Spec Ops: The Line (most likely)
S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster (LAN MP included! Rarity these days!)
Titan Quest: Atlantis
In a couple of months we should get Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Most recently we received SW: Battlefront.

And so on...

I am delighted!
.Ra: Where did you see Spec Ops?
You have already been answered, therefore I will simply quote:
Nergal01: YAGER got added to the list of companies in the catalogue. So it could either be Spec Ops or the game of the same name, Yager from 2003. Both are published by companies that are already here, so both are possible.
Crisco1492: But given that Yager (the game) received middling reviews, and that GOG managed to nab two recent 2K releases (both Bioshock remasters are more recent than Spec Ops, after all), I would expect Spec Ops to be the new release.
high rated
Between the Stars will come to @steam_games and @GOGcom on May 28th!
https://twitter.com/Isolated_Games/status/1127282318593470465
Nergal01: YAGER got added to the list of companies in the catalogue. So it could either be Spec Ops or the game of the same name, Yager from 2003. Both are published by companies that are already here, so both are possible.

Mind, it might be for the Summer sale. After all, Bioshock was identified in this thread about 2 or 3 weeks before it was released.
when is the summer sale usually?

.Ra: when is the summer sale usually?
June. Last year it started on June 4th.
We need Dungeon Master.
high rated
Got mail from Ice-Pick Lodge.

Pathologic 2 is coming to GOG.
Edward_Carnby: Got mail from Ice-Pick Lodge.

Yes! Can you ask them if they plan to implement the achievements? The first game has them here on GOG.
Edward_Carnby: Got mail from Ice-Pick Lodge.

Alexim: Yes! Can you ask them if they plan to implement the achievements? The first game has them here on GOG.
Wait & see.
I know achievements give replayability, but I would rather have big catalogue of games here & some positivity.
BeatriceElysia: Wait & see.
I know achievements give replayability, but I would rather have big catalogue of games here & some positivity.
What do you mean by positivity?
BeatriceElysia: Wait & see.
Mafwek: What do you mean by positivity?
By being happy game is at GOG at all, & not Epic exclusive or only steam published.
Post edited May 13, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
BeatriceElysia: By being happy game is at GOG at all, & not Epic exclusive or only steam published.
Happy people are not on internet ;)