It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BeatriceElysia: By being happy game is at GOG at all, & not Epic exclusive or only steam published.
Mafwek: Happy people are not on internet ;)
there are still a few survivors lurking in the fringes :)
Edward_Carnby: Got mail from Ice-Pick Lodge.

Pathologic 2 is coming to GOG.
As someone who has played Pathologic HD do you know if the story is any different or just updated to look better?
high rated
SteamWorld Quest might come following Steam release: http://imageform.se/steamworld-quest-pc-release-date/

Quote:

What about GOG and Humble?
No plans to share at the moment, but rest assured that we’re well aware of the benefits of DRM-free gaming. We’re PC gamers too, you know!

FWIW Image & Form has released previous SteamWorld games here.
Did anyone see a GOG news post for "Regions of Ruin" very briefly in the last couple of days?

I track the news posts with an RSS feed reader (so I don't miss anything, there was some time I having difficulty to see the news section on site last year), and it picked up a couple of entries titled "Sortie: Regions of Ruin" "Neuerscheinung: Regions of Ruin".

When I tried to open the links at the time, they redirected to the front page, I thought maybe they were early and would show up later. But there have been a number of new news posts since then, and it hasn't shown up again.
boggydigital: SteamWorld Quest might come following Steam release: http://imageform.se/steamworld-quest-pc-release-date/

Quote:

No plans to share at the moment, but rest assured that we’re well aware of the benefits of DRM-free gaming. We’re PC gamers too, you know!

Good on them for supporting us as customers - nice to see a dev give that response instead of the trash others sometimes spew.

What kind of game is this one going to be? I just finished up Heist recently and that game was just exceptional. Just a ton of polished, enjoyable fun.

Quest sounds like something else in the RPG realm so here's hoping!
boggydigital: SteamWorld Quest might come following Steam release: http://imageform.se/steamworld-quest-pc-release-date/

Quote:

Ixamyakxim: Good on them for supporting us as customers - nice to see a dev give that response instead of the trash others sometimes spew.

What kind of game is this one going to be? I just finished up Heist recently and that game was just exceptional. Just a ton of polished, enjoyable fun.

Quest sounds like something else in the RPG realm so here's hoping!
Battles are very Battle Chasers: Nightwar-like, from the looks of it.
high rated
emme: Did anyone see a GOG news post for "Regions of Ruin" very briefly in the last couple of days?
The developer Vox Games has been added to GOG's catalog. Regions of Ruin:
Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent.

Ever wonder what would happen if Kingdom met a broad, skill based open world RPG? Welcome to Regions of Ruin. Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent. You will discover a foreboding land ravaged by hundreds of years of hardship. Where, kingdoms have risen and fallen, settlements have been laid to waste and overrun by warring groups, and great mysteries lay hidden and waiting to be unearthed - assuming you can defeat their jealous guardians.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by The-Business
From the Monster Prom 2 kickstarter FAQ:

Will the copy be only for Steam?
Right now we're aiming for Steam, yes.
Are other platforms out of the table? Not at all!
Monster Prom is now on the Humbler Store and on GOG, so it is likely we repeat for the sequel. But I prefer to be transparent: I can't 100% guarantee this, so I will stick to Steam.
Some people feels unsafe on the whole exclusivity wars. First: I don't think we're that sexy of a game (thanks for thinking otherwise). I don't see this happening. I won't lie to you: if next year a company comes to us and gives us $10,000,000 for being exclusive to... dunno... a f*ckin' toaster... what can I say? I'd probably say yes and then give you back all your money plus a juicy bonus for your time and still bank some sweet millions. But geez... that won't happen.
What I mean is sure: there is a price for everything. But that price is hella high as we pride ourselves of caring a lot about our fandom! I'd feel kinda safe on this.
Edit: I made a wishlist entry for the game, it's here.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by NuffCatnip
emme: Did anyone see a GOG news post for "Regions of Ruin" very briefly in the last couple of days?
The-Business: The developer Vox Games has been added to GOG's catalog. Regions of Ruin:

Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent.

Ever wonder what would happen if Kingdom met a broad, skill based open world RPG? Welcome to Regions of Ruin. Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent. You will discover a foreboding land ravaged by hundreds of years of hardship. Where, kingdoms have risen and fallen, settlements have been laid to waste and overrun by warring groups, and great mysteries lay hidden and waiting to be unearthed - assuming you can defeat their jealous guardians.
The-Business:
And, perhaps most importantly: no procedurally generated BS. Just that alone gives this +2 charm.
EarthNine: As someone who has played Pathologic HD do you know if the story is any different or just updated to look better?
Think of it of as a different performance of the same play. The characters haven't fundamentally changed, the Bachelor is still the Bachelor, but it' does things differently when compared to its predecessor. Differently written dialogue, different gameplay, new events, different perspectives on old characters, etc.

There's a demo you can try if you want to get a better idea of what it plays like, plus The Marble's Nest for if you want something new and different - though keep in mind that Marbel's Nest is poorly optimised as it was never intended as a demo. Also, Pathologic 2 is getting split up into three parts, one for each protagonist, due to the other two campaigns not being finished yet. The first part is the Haruspex campaign.

Disappointing though to learn that there has been no official confirmation of a GOG release, yet. I didn't expecting that as they've also been really good about their GOG support.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by Fortuk
high rated
NuffCatnip: From the Monster Prom 2 kickstarter FAQ:

Monster Prom is now on the Humbler Store and on GOG, so it is likely we repeat for the sequel. But I prefer to be transparent: I can't 100% guarantee this, so I will stick to Steam.
Some people feels unsafe on the whole exclusivity wars. First: I don't think we're that sexy of a game (thanks for thinking otherwise). I don't see this happening. I won't lie to you: if next year a company comes to us and gives us $10,000,000 for being exclusive to... dunno... a f*ckin' toaster... what can I say? I'd probably say yes and then give you back all your money plus a juicy bonus for your time and still bank some sweet millions. But geez... that won't happen.
What I mean is sure: there is a price for everything. But that price is hella high as we pride ourselves of caring a lot about our fandom! I'd feel kinda safe on this.
Not trying to call them out because there are certainly way worse, but what a shock that a developer can't "100% guarantee" GOG support, yet can 100% guarantee Steam. It's sad that this perpetuates a vicious cycle; DRM-free gamers have no reason to support a kickstarter like this, which in turn makes it look like we don't care and end up not getting supported. I bought the original game and the expansion here, which is where I buy games. No interest in mandatory clients or monopolies that ruined the PC gaming industry forever. I'm hoping the sequel to Monster Prom comes here. But I can't 100% guarantee that I will even bother with it ;)
Haha, Pathologic 2 confirmed mere hours after my previous post!
high rated
I think you're misunderstanding the Monster Prom 2 dev's meaning.

They can't guarantee it will come here because they can't know if GOG will accept the game. Not that they might not bother putting it here. Aim your anger at GOG's curation process, not this developer.

It's not my type of game so I don't really care either way.
NuffCatnip: From the Monster Prom 2 kickstarter FAQ:

rjbuffchix: Not trying to call them out because there are certainly way worse, but what a shock that a developer can't "100% guarantee" GOG support, yet can 100% guarantee Steam. It's sad that this perpetuates a vicious cycle; DRM-free gamers have no reason to support a kickstarter like this, which in turn makes it look like we don't care and end up not getting supported. I bought the original game and the expansion here, which is where I buy games. No interest in mandatory clients or monopolies that ruined the PC gaming industry forever. I'm hoping the sequel to Monster Prom comes here. But I can't 100% guarantee that I will even bother with it ;)
As Majnun already mentioned, I think you got their message wrong. I'll just copy-paste Majnuns post:

[i]I think you're misunderstanding the Monster Prom 2 dev's meaning.

They can't guarantee it will come here because they can't know if GOG will accept the game. Not that they might not bother putting it here. Aim your anger at GOG's curation process, not this developer.

It's not my type of game so I don't really care either way.[/i]
Majnun: I think you're misunderstanding the Monster Prom 2 dev's meaning.

Good point...but what makes you sure that this was the developer's meaning, to refer to curation?