It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fortune_p_dawg: it's funny you mention that because i had been thinking for a while now that "what if the AAA game they mentioned in that report was the skyrim remaster."

which, at least in my opinion, would be awesome.
Olauron: Getting Skyrim remaster from GoG at launch would be awesome indeed. But I wouldn't call it "a new AAA game". Skyrim remaster is still Skyrim.
Well, as I see it! Skyrim Special Edition will have Denuvo so no GOG for sure! But I hope that when they release this new/old travesty (IMHO, totally pointless release) on Steam, GOG will hopefully get Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Skyrim Legendary Edition!

Fingers crossed! ;-)
Olauron: Getting Skyrim remaster from GoG at launch would be awesome indeed. But I wouldn't call it "a new AAA game". Skyrim remaster is still Skyrim.
GlorFindel: Well, as I see it! Skyrim Special Edition will have Denuvo so no GOG for sure! But I hope that when they release this new/old travesty (IMHO, totally pointless release) on Steam, GOG will hopefully get Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Skyrim Legendary Edition!

Fingers crossed! ;-)
id honestly be fine with that too
https://lassogames.itch.io/minilaw

This game look's very nice.

Hope to see it on GOG.
GlorFindel: Skyrim Special Edition will have Denuvo
link? it's the first time I hear this.
Wouldn't Denuvo pretty much kill the modding support for this game? Despite that I'm not even sure if a lot of mods will be changed to work with the new version. It's not like all of the guys are still around...
I tried searching for web evidence stating that Skyrim remaster will have Denuvo on it. I couldn't find any.
karnak1: I tried searching for web evidence stating that Skyrim remaster will have Denuvo on it. I couldn't find any.
Well, why do you need web evidence or something like that! Bethesda put Denuvo on DOOM and it pays them pretty well so far, so why wouldn't they? Just why?

And it was not like whole web knew that DOOM would have Denuvo prior to its release; maybe few days or weeks tops; and Skyrim SE gets released in October; 28.October!
karnak1: I tried searching for web evidence stating that Skyrim remaster will have Denuvo on it. I couldn't find any.
GlorFindel: Well, why do you need web evidence or something like that! Bethesda put Denuvo on DOOM and it pays them pretty well so far, so why wouldn't they? Just why?
Didn't know Doom had Denuvocrap on it. That indeed makes it possible, then.
Even though I don't know if Bethesda would be willing to pay extra $$$ for a game that has been pirated and re-pirated a thousand times over in its previous version. Specially considering that Steam owners of the previous version will get the new one for free.

The only way Skyrim redux would make real money would be through the console market or by DRM-free versions.
GlorFindel: Well, why do you need web evidence or something like that! Bethesda put Denuvo on DOOM and it pays them pretty well so far, so why wouldn't they? Just why?
karnak1: Didn't know Doom had Denuvocrap on it. That indeed makes it possible, then.
Even though I don't know if Bethesda would be willing to pay extra $$$ for a game that has been pirated and re-pirated a thousand times over in its previous version. Specially considering that Steam owners of the previous version will get the new one for free.

The only way Skyrim redux would make real money would be through the console market or by DRM-free versions.
Yes, you certainly are right about that; but what ever happens and what ever they decide, as I said earlier; Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Skyrim Legendary is what GOG needs and I hope will get!
Wurzelkraft: Wouldn't Denuvo pretty much kill the modding support for this game? Despite that I'm not even sure if a lot of mods will be changed to work with the new version. It's not like all of the guys are still around...
Well, guys who hacked Denuvo posted on the net that this system not only prevents deep modifications of games (like Script Extender), but also reduces performance and stability, especially later versions. So GOG is the only store where i will every buy games.
Wurzelkraft: Wouldn't Denuvo pretty much kill the modding support for this game?
Depends on how mod support is implemented, and what people try to mod. So most likely answer would be no, it wouldn't care about mods either way.
Yes, the Script Extender may have to be written from scratch, but from what I recall, it was a different executable either way.
JMich: Yes, the Script Extender may have to be written from scratch, but from what I recall, it was a different executable either way.
You see, main Denuvo function is to prevent modifications of executables and game code. And some mods like Script Extender is exactly doing the thing that Denuvo should prevent. At some point, modders might discover that Denuvo wont let them modify or extend scripts. For example, Script Extender never worked with cracked exe, pirates had to emulate disc image. And Denuvo is changing exe and libs, and also prevents them from being modified.

Conclusion: if there is Denuvo, modders might discover some very unpleasant surprises.
Andrey82: Conclusion: if there is Denuvo, modders might discover some very unpleasant surprises.
As I said in the past, it depends on how a game can be modded. If the mods are like most of the TES games, or the Shadowrun Returns (aka separate files to be loaded), Denuvo becomes irrelevant. It will only complain if one tries to modify the main executable.
Then you have XCOM 2, which does allow you to modify the main executable on runtime as well. So you could (in theory) have a Denuvo protected game that allows quite a bit of control over the main executable as well. It all depends on how the game's mod support is coded, not on what protection the game uses.
I gotta ask...since folks here keep an eye on games...

Has there been any word anywhere about bringing the first Blood Omen game from the Legacy of Kain series? I know the second one is here.

Was talking about the games with some friends and wanted to know of there was anything bought up about this and why or why not it could be coming to GOG at all.
Arinielle: I gotta ask...since folks here keep an eye on games...

Has there been any word anywhere about bringing the first Blood Omen game from the Legacy of Kain series? I know the second one is here.

Was talking about the games with some friends and wanted to know of there was anything bought up about this and why or why not it could be coming to GOG at all.
Last we heard via a gog staff stream they said it has licencing issues and wouldn't likely come here soon if at all.
Post edited August 28, 2016 by haydenaurion