It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Arinielle: I gotta ask...since folks here keep an eye on games...

Has there been any word anywhere about bringing the first Blood Omen game from the Legacy of Kain series? I know the second one is here.

Was talking about the games with some friends and wanted to know of there was anything bought up about this and why or why not it could be coming to GOG at all.
haydenaurion: Last we heard via a gog staff stream they said it has licencing issues and wouldn't likely come here soon if at all.
Damn. Sorry to hear.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. :)

EDIT: ...damn spelling late at night. Ugh. Pardon that.
Post edited August 28, 2016 by Arinielle
haydenaurion: Last we heard via a gog staff stream they said it has licencing issues and wouldn't likely come here soon if at all.
Arinielle: Damn. Sorry to hear.

Thanks so much for the quick replay. :)
Yeah, loved that game when I played it on the Playstation 1 long ago. I'm quite sad it's not coming too.

No problem on the reply.

Has there been any word anywhere about bringing the first Blood Omen game from the Legacy of Kain series? I know the second one is here.

Was talking about the games with some friends and wanted to know of there was anything bought up about this and why or why not it could be coming to GOG at all.
The rights situation of Blood Omen is complicated - the rights are owned by Square Enix, but the PC version was published by Activision, and unless both come to an agreement, or SE buys the rights to publish the PC version back from Activision, the PC version is not going to be published anywhere. Even if this issue was dealt with, the chances of it coming to GOG would be negligible, as SE has a policy of releasing its PC games only on S***m. :/

I think it's on Playstation Network, though. :)

tamablenebula: The rights situation of Blood Omen is complicated - the rights are owned by Square Enix, but the PC version was published by Activision, and unless both come to an agreement, or SE buys the rights to publish the PC version back from Activision, the PC version is not going to be published anywhere. Even if this issue was dealt with, the chances of it coming to GOG would be negligible, as SE has a policy of releasing its PC games only on S***m. :/

Yep, if he has a PS3 or other compatible Sony device he could play it that way.
tamablenebula: Even if this issue was dealt with, the chances of it coming to GOG would be negligible, as SE has a policy of releasing its PC games only on S***m. :/
Not quite. If GOG could get the PC version to run well, it would be released here, just like and [url=https://www.gog.com/game/revenant]Revenant.
Post edited August 28, 2016 by Grargar
The-Business: Robyn Miller & Zoo Break Gun Club LLC for the movie The Immortal Augustus Gladstone
I'm glad to see that the movie section isn't dead (even if it seems to be in a coma). And The Immortal Augustus Gladstone looks quite interesting.
PaterAlf: I'm glad to see that the movie section isn't dead (even if it seems to be in a coma). And The Immortal Augustus Gladstone looks quite interesting.
A miracle. O_o
Now let's finally see some discounts on all movies to celebrate.
PaterAlf: I'm glad to see that the movie section isn't dead (even if it seems to be in a coma). And The Immortal Augustus Gladstone looks quite interesting.
omega64: A miracle. O_o
Now let's finally see some discounts on all movies to celebrate.
I say it's a good idea! :)
tamablenebula: The rights situation of Blood Omen is complicated - the rights are owned by Square Enix, but the PC version was published by Activision, and unless both come to an agreement, or SE buys the rights to publish the PC version back from Activision, the PC version is not going to be published anywhere. Even if this issue was dealt with, the chances of it coming to GOG would be negligible, as SE has a policy of releasing its PC games only on S***m. :/

haydenaurion: Yep, if he has a PS3 or other compatible Sony device he could play it that way.
And what do you know... there's a sale on retro games and that's on the list at 48% off 'right now'.

I have no excuse now to get it it seems.

( yes, recently got a PS3 actually )
You guys know if Zombasite will be released for GOG? I've received information that they are currently trying to convince GOG to release their game here, but seems it'll take a few weeks to happen if at all.
It got released on steam a few days ago.
haydenaurion: Yep, if he has a PS3 or other compatible Sony device he could play it that way.
Arinielle: And what do you know... there's a sale on retro games and that's on the list at 48% off 'right now'.

I have no excuse now to get it it seems.

( yes, recently got a PS3 actually )
Go for it, it's not like gog is going to get it anytime soon anyways. Of course as soon as I say that it'll get released here just to troll me like with Bethesda and 2K. :P
_F_o_x_: You guys know if Zombasite will be released for GOG? I've received information that they are currently trying to convince GOG to release their game here, but seems it'll take a few weeks to happen if at all.
It got released on steam a few days ago.
Seems like GoG ought to bring it here. All the other Soldek Entertainment games are here and seem to have done well enough both here and on Steam (Depths of Peril; Din's Curse; Drox Operative).

Vote for Zombasite here
RWarehall: Seems like GoG ought to bring it here. All the other Soldek Entertainment games are here and seem to have done well enough both here and on Steam (Depths of Peril; Din's Curse; Drox Operative).

Vote for Zombasite here
I sure hope so. I've been playing Din's Curse these days and I'm impressed by the game. I also tested the demo for zombasite and it is just as amazing as Soldak's other games. Very similar to Din's Curse and Depths of Peril, but it is it's own game. It really deserves to be here IMO.
RWarehall: Seems like GoG ought to bring it here. All the other Soldek Entertainment games are here and seem to have done well enough both here and on Steam (Depths of Peril; Din's Curse; Drox Operative).

Vote for Zombasite here
_F_o_x_: I sure hope so. I've been playing Din's Curse these days and I'm impressed by the game. I also tested the demo for zombasite and it is just as amazing as Soldak's other games. Very similar to Din's Curse and Depths of Peril, but it is it's own game. It really deserves to be here IMO.
What's the main difference between Depths of Peril and Zomba? Is it like DoP with zombie horde attacks?
karnak1: What's the main difference between Depths of Peril and Zomba? Is it like DoP with zombie horde attacks?
I can't really make the comparison with DoP because I haven't played that one much yet, but from what I red on steam forums it is very similar to it(DoP). The developer said this in a threat asking about differences:
"New things: Zombie mechanics, many new zombie monsters, new skill mechanics like traits (skills that greatly change things unlocked at higher level of attributes) & support skills (skills that modify other skills), better unique monsters (more tactics, taunting, better enhancements, etc), better graphics (normal/spec maps), many new quests, crafting mechanics, all NPCs in town are yours, and much more."

Having played myself some of it I enjoyed it, it is, to me, Din's Curse with more "town events" (like invasion and stuff), and sort of a new setting, although that engine is really getting old very fast. I must say that I do red that it is excessively similar to Din's Curse and especially DoP, and also that the RNG can be very punishing. I still enjoy the game, the punishing RNG exists also on Din's Curse, there were many times my town got invaded and I couldn't do anything about it, that part did not take anything away from the game, to me. The similarity may be gamebreaking for some, that's why I would recomend the veterans, and maybe the new players as well, to try the demo first.

I don't wanna sound too negative about the game but I also don't want to put the game out to be something it is not, No Man's Sky style. Overall I would say if you did like the old games you probably will like this one as well, but better to try the demo first.
Sorry for the long post!