It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The last game I quit in 2017:

Asdivine Hearts (Android)

JRPGs are far from being my favourite genre, but nonetheless I decided to give Asdivine Hearts a go, considering it is a standalone game (as opposed as belonging to a neverending saga of other JRPGs) and that I owned it on Android, so I could play it while on the move.

I gave up on it after a little over an hour of gameplay, as I couldn't stand it any more. The reasons for that were many:

· The main characters were extremely annoying walking clichés.
· The combat mechanics and options were hurriedly introduced and barely explained.
· Random encounters occurred way more often than I felt comfortable with...
· ...but they were nothing more than a nuisance as they posed no challenge whatsoever. I routinely won every single one of them without barely using anything else than simple attacks.
· The story seemed to progress at a sluggish pace.

Maybe I should've had a little more patience, or upped the difficulty a bit (don't remember if you could do it mid-game), or try to learn about the attacks and abilities of my characters by myself, but honestly I just couldn't care.

PS @01kipper:
01kipper: ...
Will you do the honors this year as well? If not, I'll create a thread as soon as I quit a game in 2018. :P
muntdefems: Will you do the honors this year as well? If not, I'll create a thread as soon as I quit a game in 2018. :P
Thanks for the reminder, I went ahead and started it:

Games Quit in 2018
Breath of the Wild, I sunk a lot of time into it, beat the main story and never played it again. I f***ing hate that game.
01kipper: Thanks for the reminder, I went ahead and started it:

Games Quit in 2018
Thanks for that! I knew it wouldn't be long until you quit a game. :P
Anyone remember Baldies? I've had it on CD since forever, but I only played it last year. God knows where the manual ended up, so I had to read online FAQ's to figure out what I was doing. I eventually got the hang of building stuff, producing offspring, and inventing things. I lost interest after 4-5 levels, though, because the game was too clunky and repetitive for my taste.