It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Little Acre

A very cute adventure game that reminded me of the old Don Bluth movies. Story is interesting, artstyle is beautiful, voice-acting and music are great. Unfortunately the game is very short (around two hours). Hope the developer will make a sequel or a similar new game that is longer.

DARQ - The Tower DLC

Game was good and so is this new level. Like the rest of the game it wasn't too hard, but it has a great atmosphere. The end was a little morbid, but I liked it.

Complete list of finished games in 2020
Game #104: Terrordrome 1: Rise of the Boogeymen (Huracan Studio) (2015) (WIN)

I’ve been playing this on and off for a while now. Due to some nerve/tendon issues button-mashing games are very difficult for me so I have to play them in small doses. It’s a fan-made freeware fighting game that features the villains from a lot of horror movie franchises. It features the following characters: Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, Ash from Evil Dead, Maniac Cop, Pumpkinhead, Michael Meyers, Chucky, Jason Voorhees (2 versions), the Tall Man from Phantasm, Ghostface, Candyman, Herbert West, & Hellraiser’s Pinhead.

I rarely ever play fighting games so I’m not really qualified to say if this game is any good, but I definitely enjoyed getting to play some of these iconic characters.

The game can be downloaded here: https://terrordrome-thegame.com/download/

Games Completed in 2020
Post edited March 14, 2020 by Dysphoric1
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine for the first time with mod “over 9000 weight”. Second big DLC brought me another promised 30 hours of additional gameplay, but more importantly brought my favorite character from books what made this part as a good end of whole game. Basically it was more of the same, so I can recommend it if you like original game. Looking forward for new Witcher… still I am sure, that before it come out I will repeat this game with different choices.
Attachments:
konec.jpg (479 Kb)
Post edited March 14, 2020 by IXOXI
Borderlands Pre-Sequel.

Some of the worst most childish dialogue I have ever heard in my life. In addition, the only 2 new things here are anti-gravity and the oxygen mechanic, both of which I found gimmicky and slightly annoying. Apart from those negatives, this is still Borderlands and the gameplay/gunplay is still amazing, as are some of the levels. In fact one of the levels was the most amazing in any of the first three games (the one where you are on a giant space station that's still being built. I thought that level was pretty staggering to look at if not quite as good to play.
Post edited March 14, 2020 by psadler
psadler: Pre-Sequel.
I've never heard of that before. Me, I prefer post-prequels! :-P
Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition

A remake of a game I already completed some time before. Still a good game, and you can see what Dying Light would become, but still with some annoying bugs, like sidequest objects not triggering, some monsters teleporting... All in all, still a good game.

So far in 2020: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2020/post29
The Ultimate Doom: "Sigil"

I've just finished episode 5 and the music is great (at least the Midi soundtrack) but the level design in the last levels is not great.
Post edited March 16, 2020 by thedkm
I have finally beat Gears of War (Xbox 360)

Now, I don;t know was it me playing too many shooters in my life, the fact that I stretched the bloody game for almost 3 moths or the fact that the TV in this flat is a bit poo, but I didn't really enjoy it. I was playing the entire game and I was sitting there and wondering - what is all that fuss about?
Oh and also, F you general RAAM, what was that difficulty spike all about?
I played Far Cry 2 on Normal then played with redux mod on Hardcore.
Ori and the Blind Forest

Beautiful game, great soundtrack, touching story and with a respectable difficulty. Way harder than I expected in places I'll admit (tricky platforming specifically - the puzzles on the other hand are all pretty simple), but fortunately never in a frustrating/unfair way. The only downside for me was that occasionally it felt as if enemies respawned to quickly, though sometimes that is done because certain enemies form part of a puzzle. E.g. pushing an enemy through a wall to make a new path.
schewy: I played Far Cry 2 on Normal then played with redux mod on Hardcore.
I admire anyone who can play that 'game' without falling asleep.
psadler: I admire anyone who can play that 'game' without falling asleep.
i am still upset I couldnt save Warren Clyde. He was a straight shooter
Post edited March 17, 2020 by schewy
Framed Collection. I got this through Amazon Prime's monthly giveaways and since I like comics I figured I'd give it a shot. It's two short games, with the premise that you move comics panels around to help the protagonist survive to the end.

I think I liked the concept more than the actual game. I found it occasionally frustrating because it's not always very clear what the outcome of a panel is going to be until you see it play out. It doesn't waste a lot of time, but when you get to the harder puzzles, where you're not just changing up the panel order but also spinning them around and recycling certain panels because of time limits, it gets irritating because I felt like I was just exhausting options and brute-forcing my way through the puzzles instead of really figuring them out.

The graphics are decent (everything is done in silhouette as part of the "noir" mood), but the music is really annoying jazz with a lot of saxophone, so I spent my time with the game with the volume turned down.
Ninja Gaiden II (XB1X)

This one is one of the odd games that has many facets that make you wonder what they were thinking, yet somehow- against all odds- still turned out to be enjoyable overall.
First of all the camera. It's infuriating because the vertical axis is attached by a rubber band, so you feel as though you're constantly fighting against it. Plus the default position is too low, almost like the devs thought that I'd mostly want to admire Ryu's shiny black leather clad ass the entire time. But I did not want to.
The levels were hit or miss. Some were okay near the start like Venice, but as the game went on they became dull passage ways.
But the biggest problem was the balance of encounters. For a game based mainly around a Ninja and melee combat, far too much combat (including bosses) was against ranged enemies that you can only shoot with the bow. And then there's those damn rocket spamming soldiers- they can go to hell. But it wasn't terribly hard, just annoying.

But a brawler lives or dies on the combat and the melee combat was pretty good once you learn the systems. You're special abilities are also good and get you out of tough situations, just like they are meant to. That's why I saw it through to the end. It ran great on XB1X- locked 60 and this is also one of those Xbox 360 games that is enhanced, this time to around 1800p. It recently got added onto Game Pass.
Lost Horizon

Well with the corona... I mean Spring Sale currently ongoing I decided to get the animation arts collection, cause I'm in the mood to play a f*ck ton of point & clicks, starting with Lost Horizon (because it's the first one in alphabetical order). Lost Horizon is a point and click where you (mostly) play as Fenton Paddock, a former British Commonwealth soldier living in 1930's Hong Kong and tasked with saving his old friend who disappeared whilst mapping Tibet. The story is basically an Indiana Jones movie, stopping Nazi's from using occult weapons to take over the world whilst visiting numerous countries. If you like the Broken Sword games then you'll enjoy this one. It's also some of the best use of 3D graphics I've seen in a point and click, and that includes the Telltale Monkey Island. The puzzles are not that complicated, anytime I got stuck was usually due to missing an item, shooting down a plane with a porridge filled jack-o-lantern was certainly a highlight. Considering this was only 1 of about 7 games, it was well worth the price. I'd reccomend it.