It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

01kipper: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Thanks for your opinion!
What type of humor does it represent? Could you compare to some other games perhaps?
I'd say the humour is mostly more subtle & sarcastic rather than crude & direct. The one exception is one of the playable characters (Ransome the Clown), who's schtick is that he constantly swears and insults everyone. Overall the game has a more serious tone rather than wacky/silly (although there are some wacky elements too).
Post edited May 02, 2018 by 01kipper
PaterAlf: Pajama Sam 2 - Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening
I'm absolutely sure I don't belong to the target group, but I love this game. It's funny, it's colourful, it has charming graphics and whenever you click somewhere something cute or funny happens.
ciemnogrodzianin: What do you think is the target audience for the game?
I'm still looking for these kind to games to play with kids, but I find it really difficult to find something appropriate...
I would say that the target audience is kids at the age of 6 - 10. Younger kids might still enjoy to click on stuff and see the cute and funny animations, but I don't think they will be able to solve the puzzles (at least not without the help of a parent).
PaterAlf: ...
So it's to early for us.
Thank you. Especially that a proper targeting of books and games isn't easy. For kids even year or two make a difference.
Demon Hunter 2: New Chapter (2016) (Linux)

The previous one was rather meh. This one is even worse. This kind of games are repetitive by defnition, I know, but making exactly the same puzzles (only drawn anew), the same items used exactly the same way, not to say that we have the same antagonist. Well, it was too much. The game was released a few years after the previous one. In case of other series (as Enigmatis) sequels are realized significantly better. Here we've got very similar adventure which repeats a lot of content and no progress at all.

List of all games completed in 2018.
Post edited May 03, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
Waking Mars

Finished Waking Mars earlier today, experienced both endings
Overall Waking Mars was a very enjoyable game. The 3 NPCs (1 human scientist & AI helpers) did not annoy and were fun to deal with. The alt-modes of the jetpack in Waking Mars that unlocked as you explored & reached new areas were very useful. Dealing with over-running alkalinity/acid spores in the bigger maps was one the hardest parts of the game for me, the other hardest part was mis-identifying what the seed the friendly aliens wanted me to donate.
Keep offering the fireseed(explosive seed) when it wanted the alkaline (purple floating spore) seed.
Favorite jetpack mode was Augmented Thrust aka speedboost mode.
Accounting+ (PSVR)

It’s a bit difficult to describe this game, it’s pretty linear (not a lot of player choice) and the humour mostly comes from the characters and their dialogue and the events which happen in the game. If you just rush through the game you could easily finish it in less than 30 minutes, but if you want to hang around on each level and hear what all the characters have to say it could possibly take over 2 hours.

I would recommend it as a funny VR experience (not so much as a game), although I still don’t think it’s worth the full asking price.
Costume Quest and Grubbins on Ice, May 4 (GOG)-Not much to say about this one. Very short, combat got very repetitive after an hour, and the game was more action/reflexes than RPG.

Full List
Demon Hunter 3: Revelation (2016) (Linux)

Nice surprise - third part of the trilogy is definitely the best one. I lost my hope after DH2 and, to be honest, DH3 shares some flaws (as repetitions), but DH3 is also:
- much better drawn
- dark and full of terror ;) the atmosphere is significantly better - now it really feels like demon hunting
- a bit more interesting in terms of gameplay (thanks to a few new types of puzzles)
- there is small indicator informing, if there is still some hidden object in current location to be collected for achievements (not necessary to complete the game, but really useful for achievements hunters)

It's still just a HOPA/HOG with the same puzzles and naive story, but this time it's nice way to spend a relaxing 3 hours.

Heroes of a Broken Land (Dungeon Crawler / world builder)

Despite a few flaws, I really loved this game for most of the 50 hours it took to beat a "small" map the first time. Ok, so there are some cons:

1) graphics are poor, and yet kinda grew on me
2) inventory management is a bit of a pain in the ass, esp. later in the game
3) ui isn't as helpful as it could be at times to a new player
4) enemy types are somewhat limited, but just enough variance to keep it somewhat interesting

But the game's core mechanics are very well conceived and executed. You don't just manage one question party - by the end you'll need at least 3 to beat a small map given the number of multi-party towers you have to get through, and the game executes these very well.

I was about 5 hours into the small map, cleared the first island of the 2-3 short, low level dungeons, and thought that was game over. But literally it was another 45 hours. Now, that said, I overleveled the final dungeon with 2 of my 3 parties b/c I wasn't entirely sure which dungeon of the many sprouting up was the one I needed, so it probably could have shaved 10 or so hours off.

But even on a small map this game will take some exploring and some serious dungeon crawling, with a good mix of traps, portals, and altars that can permanently buff or hamper your parties.

The classes (with a few exceptions) I particularly enjoyed, esp. as the game encourages you to change classes from the initial starting 4 (mage, rogue, warrior, priest) to a total of 12 or so, including two non-human races that you can rescue or recruit for gooooold. Some party combos definitely work better than others (dual priest, dual wizard, warrior variety + rogue variety is pretty killer once you get the mana regen talent for your casters).

A few classes don't seem to work quite as well - the sorceror (mix of caster/melee you can reclass from mage) was panned so badly online I didn't care to try it, despite having many volunteer to be on my team. And why bother when the wizard (also mage reclass) is versatile and dominant. The faery was a bit like gambling, since her attack randomly flows through all the elements plus darkness (and light?), so at times is resisted, at times is devastating, and now and then actually heals the enemies you're fighting. Oops! But it kept things interesting.

The assassin also seems poorly conceived, as its attack is based on "dark" damage- yet only 3 enemies are esp. vulnerable to it, whereas about 10-15 types are straight up immune, and 1 gets healed by it. And it seems to be your only meaningful source of damage. I ran with one in my third party, mostly just because I didn't want to grind up another rogue and you can't really run without one because of the sea of traps in most dungeons - you could probably heal/resist through most of the damage, but the ones that drain mana would suxors.

I was looking forward to this game based on a few reviews, and it still outstripped my expectations by a wide margin.

That said, you probably won't like this if you:
a) don't really like dungeon crawling, b/c you'll be doing a lot of it
b) don't mind that it's pretty slim on puzzles beyond navigating, finding door switches, and defeating traps
c) really want your dungeon crawling to have a story. There's barely even the shell of a story.

But one other mechanic that makes this interesting is the initiative system. Approach an enemy from behind and you get two turns of attacks on them (and vice versa if something comes up on you); approach from the side and you get to attack first in the round regardless of speed (and vice versa); approach face to face and it's based on each character/mobs' speed.

So the game really does a good job keeping you peeking around corners. Just walking straight ahead all the time without watching where you are going will up the degree of combat quite a bit. Big thumbs up from me.
Tangledeep and Meridian: Squad 22. I will try to write proper reviews next week
Has it really been two days since we've collectively beaten a game?

A New Beginning: Final Cut, May 6 (GOG)-The voice acting was pretty bad (at least for the English version) but the plot was interesting with a little bit of a twist. None of the puzzles were too difficult but some left me scratching my head.

Full List
Iron Storm - Frustratingly hard FPS even on Normal difficulty (quicksaves and multiple save slots are your friends), with some puzzle elements (I had to use a walkthrough several times) and a bad ending. Strangely enough, I had some fun playing it.

Space Girls - a somewhat below average shmup and a far below average "ecchi" game. You shoot the clothes off giant "space girls" to reveal barbie doll bodies. Apparently this simply a far inferior version of a game called Deep Space Waifu.
Post edited May 08, 2018 by kalirion
Bad Mojo Redux (2004) (Linux/Wine)

First of all - go get the game! It's still just 0,49€ but promo ends at midnight.

I'm really surprised with the game. It's crazy, it's stupid, acting is bad, story is ridiculous, but I loved it! If you ever watched B-class horror movie and enjoyed how bad it is - it's quite possible that you'd love the game.

It's very different. It's gameplay is unique. The story is, sure, a bit crazy, but still interesting - I was checking all non-obligatory details to know more and more. It's an adventure game and you actually solve puzzles here, but gameplay is, well, more like platformer. But, you know, in 3 dimentions, because you're cocroach and you can go everywhere. Sometimes, when you're looking on room's landscape from broomstick perspective - world is beautiful. But not exactly beautiful, because the game's estethics represents rather naturalism, or even turpism.

Darn, it's just impossible to explain, why the game is worth playing, but it is, believe me. Try it. It's just 0,49€ and 3h, but you'll remember the game forever :)

ciemnogrodzianin: Bad Mojo Redux (2004) (Linux/Wine)

First of all - go get the game! It's still just 0,49€ but promo ends at midnight.

I'm really surprised with the game. It's crazy, it's stupid, acting is bad, story is ridiculous, but I loved it! If you ever watched B-class horror movie and enjoyed how bad it is - it's quite possible that you'd love the game.

It's very different. It's gameplay is unique. The story is, sure, a bit crazy, but still interesting - I was checking all non-obligatory details to know more and more. It's an adventure game and you actually solve puzzles here, but gameplay is, well, more like platformer. But, you know, in 3 dimentions, because you're cocroach and you can go everywhere. Sometimes, when you're looking on room's landscape from broomstick perspective - world is beautiful. But not exactly beautiful, because the game's estethics represents rather naturalism, or even turpism.

Darn, it's just impossible to explain, why the game is worth playing, but it is, believe me. Try it. It's just 0,49€ and 3h, but you'll remember the game forever :)

I keep starting it, getting ten minutes in, and losing interest.
I will not be deterred!
In high school I always called myself a cockroach. and a lot of people agreed, so this game is must for me.
tinyE: ...
At first I had no idea what to think about this game.
But after WTF phase I've started to like it and I hope you'll like it too!