It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ghorpm: High five! It's one of my favorite games ever and I try to promote it every time I can :)
Definitely one of adventure games which should everybody try. This game is better than many other more known games. There are a lot of small videos which help create atmosphere, player always know what (s)he should do, puzzles are not too easy, but also not too hard. Sometimes I took pencil and paper and worked hard on solving some puzzle - it was fun!
Virginia

It's a short game, and more of an interactive movie than anything else. I really liked it. It has some beautiful scenes, uses a lot of cinema tricks, and conveys a story mostly without the use of language. It is not a walking sim, and shows another way to do that kind of non-gamey game.

I recommend to play it in one sitting, but at sub 2 hours, that shouldn't be an issue.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by ofthenexus
Tacoma

Just got it in the February Monthly Humble Bundle and when I saw it's average completion lenght on How Long To Beat?, I decided to give it a try, since I can't see to be able to focus on bigger games these days (I have a Dargon Age Inquisition game started, 11 hours in and well...).

Never really heard about that game, but it was a nice surprise. Not really a game and more a "kinetic novel", but at least to get to physically move in an interestingly Sci-Fi setup with AR (in-game AR) element nicely done. Won't say anything about the story, it would be the same than telling everything about a book, but it really felt nice and I'm happy to have "played" it!

So far in 2018: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2018/post12
Soulless. This is a C64 game that Psytronik released a few years ago. It's got sort of a Shadow of the Beast vibe to it - you control a king who was betrayed by his court wizard, resulting in his soul being sucked out and stuck in a jar, the king transforming into a beast, and then the king being thrown in a pit for a 1000 years. But now you're escaped and you have to run and jump all over the dungeon and find 12 magic rocks that, when assembled in the right order, will give you your soul back and turn you back to normal (presumably all the big bad guys died of natural causes over the millennium).

It's fairly easy once you get used to the controls and learn how the enemies all behave. You basically enter a room, avoid getting hit too much, rummage through everything in sight looking for the soul stones or just items that will help you or give you points, and then move on. You'll want to take notes on which stones go in which slot when you get to the soul jar. I started playing it last night for a brief time and then finished it in a little over a half hour just now.

It's got pretty good, moody graphics and nice music. Good controls. Just a nice little game and it's nice to see people still making good C64 games.
For me, cuphead
Star wars: Knights of the old republic 2

Just finished this (without the Restored content mod). Was prepared for the ending being a letdown, and it wasn't completely bad imo, but still quite obvious that it wasn't really finished.
Story was somewhat confusing (probably intentionally so in part), but had some interesting elements. I liked the backstories of the companions though much more could have been done with that imo.
Parts of the game were really well done (the much maligned Peragus station at the start actually is pretty good imo), it's just unfortunate that the game didn't receive the polish it should have had, so there are lots of loose ends.
Gameplay in general has the same flaws as in Kotor 1 imo. The combat system isn't really good at all imo, some sections can be a bit frustrating, but on the whole combat on the standard difficulty is too easy, and there are too many repetitive fights against hordes of enemies. I also would have liked more opportunities for using your non-combat skills, meaningful interaction with the environment etc.
On the whole I'd rate this game as 3/5, though parts of it show sparks of brilliance and are more deserving of a 4/5. But I did have fun with it, and maybe at some point in the future I'll play it again with the Restored content mod.
Just sad there never was a Kotor 3. I really would have liked to see more of Revan and beautiful Bastila again :-( But looks like the Kotor story won't be resolved in the foreseeable future, if ever (and yes, I know, there was some book about it...but that sounded pretty horrible tbh).
Eternal Senia

Just finished 'Eternal Senia' which is a free AJRPG, I'm not sure if it's available outside of Steam but the Steam page is here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/351640/Eternal_Senia/
It's a lot like a Ys game with a bump combat type system, the whole time I kept thinking 'Wow this is really impressive... for a free game!"
Plot is quite good to - hard not to recommend a game when it's fairly decent and free - check it out

Full List:: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2018/post99
Life is Strange.
'Twas good, and apparently my first perfect game on Steam.
Currently playing through again to see some other outcomes.
A Snake's Tale (Android)

Nice little (and rather inexpensive) puzzle game, this one. Available for both PC and mobile devices, you get a Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android version if you buy it over at itch.io. And given its nature and casual gameplay, I opted for installing it on my phone and playing it a few puzzles at a time either on the bus or in bed.

It's got a few number of different levels, and though the initial ones are straightforward and pose no challenge at all, the introduction of new mechanics (i.e. new types of snakes) allow for some difficult ones as well. You start at a predefined spot in the levels map, and once you solve one puzzle, new ones become available. Depending on which ones you solve, you'll progress towards different zones, so it's entirely possible you end up in a difficult level employing a mechanic you haven't seen yet. In such cases it's better to try your luck with other available levels from the same zone, as chances are that new mechanic is introduced with an easier puzzle elsewhere.

There's no story at all and once you've completed all the puzzles, a new one appears at the bottom-right part of the map. This final level combines all the different types of snakes and mechanics of the game and it admittedly took me a good while to solve. Once I did it, the only thing that happened was that the nuclear plant chimney in the map started spewing out multi-coloured clouds, so unless I missed something I guess that was game over.

Despite its slightly underwhelming ending, I can recommend this game to puzzle fanatics and newbies alike. The former will probably rate it on the easy side, but I bet it's a perfect entry point to the genre for the latter.

My list of finished games in 2018
Post edited February 05, 2018 by muntdefems
1. Ys IV (PCE CD)
2. Exile (w/ Unworked Designs patch)(PCE CD)
3. Macross 2036 (PCE CD)
4. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC)
5. AM2R (PC)
6. TaleSpin (NES)
7. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (PC)
8. Super Mario 64 (N64)
9. Star Fox 64 (N64)
10. Thunder Force V (US ver.)(PS1)

Star Fox 64 - Still holds up great. Just wish it was a bit more forgiving and intuitive in regards to the different paths and that all cutscenes were skippable.

Thunder Force V - Not quite on par with TF4 for me but still a solid shmoop.
magejake50: Skyrim: Legendary Edition (PS4)

My goal in this playthrough was to get 100% of acheivments, including the DLC ones, and have the last acheivment completed to be the one for completing the Main Quest. Now... if they removed 1 certain acheivment, I could have done this in a week, instead it took 2 weeks
(Emphasis mine)

LOL, wow! I've been playing Skyrim for about two weeks now, I'm only level 10 and have only completed two quests and explored maybe a half-dozen locations... (It is my first time playing, and I'm letting my skills/level advance naturally as I play)
andysheets1975: Soulless. This is a C64 game that Psytronik released a few years ago.
Jeez, i bought Soulless 2 or 3 years ago but haven't played it through yet. Thanks for reminding me! :D
magejake50: Skyrim: Legendary Edition (PS4)

My goal in this playthrough was to get 100% of acheivments, including the DLC ones, and have the last acheivment completed to be the one for completing the Main Quest. Now... if they removed 1 certain acheivment, I could have done this in a week, instead it took 2 weeks
01kipper: (Emphasis mine)

LOL, wow! I've been playing Skyrim for about two weeks now, I'm only level 10 and have only completed two quests and explored maybe a half-dozen locations... (It is my first time playing, and I'm letting my skills/level advance naturally as I play)
I had a lot of free time (Which I now miss having), plus I rushed through a lot cause I knew what the npc's would say before they would say it... something that probably proves I've played the game too much.
Post edited February 05, 2018 by magejake50
Finished Oxenfree and it was really good. Movements were a bit slow by moments, but except that, it is almost perfect. Really liked to story and the dialogues.

Full list here.
Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlords

When you played Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams you know what to expect: A very good platform game with well-designed levels, nice graphics and an excellent soundtrack from Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy. When you play on hard (which you have to, if you want to unlock the additional game modes) the game is a little harder than the first one.

I had good fun with this game. Can't really think of anything bad except the fact that there isn't a "suicide key". If you are unlucky, it's possible to get stuck in walls and if that happens, you can only restart the whole level instead of just returning to the last checkpoint.

Complete list of finished games in 2018