It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dotur: Yesterday evening I finished my second game of this year Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Premium Edition.
Thanks for the feedback! I splurged and got this one for myself during the Winter Sale at Steam, and am looking forward to trying it! ... Once I free up 15 GB for the download! :o
26/01 Baldur's Gate: Trilogy
27/04 Dreamfall Chapters: Book 2: Rebels
30/08 Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
16/11 Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Post edited November 16, 2015 by lukaszthegreat
05.01.2014 - Anna: Extended Edition
Another (after Year Walk) strange adventure game about [SPOILER] a crazy fella wandering in dreamscape [/SPOILER]. Looks good, sounds good, excells in the art of horror (no jumpscares, based mostly on rather subtele random paranormal manifestations), story is messy as you can expect from the genre. Only the puzzles were rather 'meh' and a couple of them forced me to look for help online.
Finished
Jan 5 - They Breathe
Jan 6 - Freedom Fall
Jan 9 - Commander Keen 5
Jan 9 - Commander Keen 6
Jan 14 - Famaze
Jan 15 - Finding Teddy
Jan 18 - Crystal Caves (All episodes)
Jan 18 - A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
Jan 19 - Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Jan 25 - House of 1,000 Doors - Family Secrets
Jan 27 - Lume
Jan 27 - Serena
Feb 13 - Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Feb 16 - Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (All adventures)
Feb 16 - Left in the Dark: No One on Board
Feb 20 - Quest of Dungeons - warrior on easy
Mar 15 - 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
Mar 17 - The Old Tree
Mar 18 - Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Mar 23 - Monster Bash
Apr 7 - Akalabeth (1989 Windows port)
Apr 19 - Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood
Apr 30 - Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones
May 18 - Majestic Nights - Chapter 0: Sunset After Dark
Sep 9 - Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Sep 10 - Job the Leprechaun
Sep 13 - You Have to Win the Game
Sep 22 - VolChaos (Normal Mode)
Sep 25 - Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Sep 27 - Leona's Tricky Adventures
Oct 1 - House of 1,000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition
Oct 7 - Mind Snares: Alice's Journey
Oct 10 - Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Oct 19 - Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered
Oct 25 - Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres
Nov 9 - Dracula's Legacy
Nov 14 - Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition
Nov 20 - Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond
Dec 1 - Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition
Dec 14 - Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines - Premium Edition
Dec 24 - Paranormal State: Poison Spring
Dec 27 - Frankenstein: Master of Death

Stopped Playing
Jan 3 - Luftrausers
Jan 3 - Luxor 3

Reviews
They Breathe - Very short game. Wonderful art style and music. Interesting atmosphere. Won't give too much away since this game is meant to be learned and discovered as you play.

Luftrausers - Most normal difficulty objectives achieved. Some objectives are bugged and difficult to complete, but other than that, pretty solid and fun arcade plane fighter.

Luxor 3 - Decent Luxor game. Finished stage 5 out of 11 and that's enough for me. The game is repetitive and involves more clicking that Diablo.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by adambiser
oops wrong topic

Isn't there some way to delete your own posts instead of merely editing them?
Post edited January 05, 2015 by kalirion
kalirion: oops wrong topic

Isn't there some way to delete your own posts instead of merely editing them?
The only way to delete a post is by mass-reporting it as spam.
My first game finished this year

Splinter Cell Blacklist - Good stealth game, at first it seems like the plot is going to be good, but the engineers (villain) motives ended up being way to generic and thus there was not much of a climax. Gameplay on the other hand was really good, though i liked conviction better, considering its a stealth game and the bloody night vision is crap. Also there was some very bad design decision that mad the game annoying to frustrating to what fuck is wrong with the devs. Fans of the series and stealth will love it, especially the spies vs mercs multiplayer
Anna: Extended Edition

I've been playing a lot of first person adventure games with no/limited NPCs (Eleusis, Mind: Path to Thalamus etc.) recently and I think Anna has the best atmosphere of them all and the worst puzzles (including the infamous getting a key from the other side of a door puzzle, seriously devs, when will you finally stop reproducing this stupid cliché?) You have to read a lot to know what you should do, combine clues to learn more and use various items to progress. Be sure to visit other locations because things get changed from time to time. Sadly, most puzzles were rather lame and/or too abstract to be really enjoyable.

But as I mentioned the atmosphere is great and creepy and it's not based on jumpscares which is a very good thing. I really like it that the story is not completely revealed, there are a lot things left for your own personal interpretation. And that's the best feature of this game and a good reason to give it a chance

Novotnus: 05.01.2014 - Anna: Extended Edition
High five!!! :D

Full list
Post edited January 16, 2015 by Ghorpm
I just finished Year Walk.

The puzzles in this game were all over the place and sadly not all of them made sense to me. Because of that I had to look into a walkthrough for some of them. This is a serious game and suddenly it breaks the fourth wall. I like it when that happens in a comedy but in this game it felt out of place.

The story is another thing. For most of the game I was bored but close to the end the story picked up and became so good that I'm happy I played this game.

Overall it was a mixed experience but that might be because I'm very bad at point & click adventures.

Here's my list.
Tochlight II

Back on 13 November 2013, I wondered how Torchlight II would improve upon the first one. My conclusion? Not too much; more of the same I would say. More areas to explore (no longer dungeons-only), more enemies to fight and one more class. Still not that much variety, though, in the way of skills and quests. There are two new additions to the game, though; the multiplayer mode and the charge meter, both pretty self-explanatory. So far, so Torchlight.

Alas, there are some big annoyances with the game. First of all, the terrible pathfinding. I'm telling you game, I'm not casting a close-range spell, but a mid-range one! Stop positioning my glass cannon right next to an enemy, where swift death awaits! Also, why the hell can I not damage enemies that are not in my view? Where are we, the NES era? Why do the enemies stop hunting me when I can no longer see them? Why do their models pop in and out of existence depending on my position? Why does that bastard of a game fully exploit this, so that when an enemy materialises out of pure nowhere and before I can retreat, he proceeds to use an annoying ability to drag me closer to the others, so they can proceed to easily kill me? So many whys... so much annoyance! Oh, I also really hate the fact that the enemies can target me normally regardless of elevation, but I can't. I really enjoy taking proper advantage of higher ground... by hitting the damn air! Argh...

Oh well, second down so far.
Post edited January 05, 2015 by Grargar
Just beat the main story to Super Mario 3D World, and beat Fire Emblem: Awakening at around 1:30 this morning.
beat bioshock infinite a couple days back. absolutely brilliant game, though i wish more of the elements prominent in the promos were given more development time.
05.01.2015 - Paradigm Shift
Yea, more like Paradigm Shit. After really good mobile port (Year Walk) it's time for some really crappy one. So, this game's main features are:
- Zombies
- Static images to click through (it's set in a burning city... and even the fire doesn't move)
- Random deaths out of nowhere
- Lots of pixelhunting
- Animations that look like something done in MS Paint (zombie death animations are the only animations in the game)
- 1,99€ price tag
- Around 10 minutes of gameplay on second playthrough (or with a walkthrough) or hours of pixelhunting frustration if you want to be fair with the game (just don't expect it to be fair with you :))

Features not implemented:
- Logic in the puzzles
- Original plot ('corporation -> virus -> zombies -> escape' doesn't count as original in my book)
- Fun (after another random death to a random zombie after hunting another pixel and having to start again I just turned to a walkthrough and I don't feel guilty about it)
- Horror (other than crappy jumpscares the only scary scene in the game is when the protagonist meets his girlfriend in the end... but I don't think that was intentional... just... what have they done to her proportions? Couldn't they've used filtered pictute like for everything else?)
- Fullscreen support
Grargar: Tochlight II

Back on 13 November 2013, I wondered how Torchlight II would improve upon the first one. My conclusion? Not too much; more of the same I would say. More areas to explore (no longer dungeons-only), more enemies to fight and one more class. Still not that much variety, though, in the way of skills and quests. There are two new additions to the game, though; the multiplayer mode and the charge meter, both pretty self-explanatory. So far, so Torchlight.

Alas, there are some big annoyances with the game. First of all, the terrible pathfinding. I'm telling you game, I'm not casting a close-range spell, but a mid-range one! Stop positioning my glass cannon right next to an enemy, where swift death awaits! Also, why the hell can I not damage enemies that are not in my view? Where are we, the NES era? Why do the enemies stop hunting me when I can no longer see them? Why do their models pop in and out of existence depending on my position? Why does that bastard of a game fully exploit this, so that when an enemy materialises out of pure nowhere and before I can retreat, he proceeds to use an annoying ability to drag me closer to the others, so they can proceed to easily kill me? So many whys... so much annoyance! Oh, I also really hate the fact that the enemies can target me normally regardless of elevation, but I can't. I really enjoy taking proper advantage of higher ground... by hitting the damn air! Argh...

Oh well, second down so far.
Sad part is I've invested 107 hours into TL II, played through more than once with different characters, and if you download some of the mods for the game it does improve your enjoyment. Although most of your complaints will not be fixed unfortunately.
I love this thread ♥ It's really interesting to read others' viewpoints on games, especially on games that I've actually played ;) I wish I'd discovered the thread sooner, but I do have the 2014 version pinned so that I can read through it at my leisure :)