It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: FALLOUT 3

Unoffical patch (patching is always a good thing)
CASM (Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager)
Darnified UI (UI improvements for PC? Yes, please)
Better High Detail Map and Icons (prettier map - and easier to read - again, yes, please!)

IMO, CASM is an absolute must for the game. I set it to save every couple minutes and it was a very wise decision. The game crashed a few times (not a ton, but enough to be annoying as hell if I didn't have a recent save handy) and this mod saved my butt. Highly, highly recommended.
Although I'm a Fallout 1 fan since 1997, I enjoyed Fallout 3 Goty, with some mods of course.
"Operation Anchorage" is usually the DLC that is making the game unstable, it crashed way less often after deactivating it via FalloutModManager. I just reactivated it after I've beaten the rest and played the DLC afterwards.

Would you give out the links for the patch and mods you mentioned above?
I plan to play it again in the next months but the English version this time.
I'm still thinking about trying the Wanderer's Edition but have not decided yet.
Klumpen0815: Would you give out the links for the patch and mods you mentioned above?
I'm still thinking about trying the Wanderer's Edition but have not decided yet.
You bet:

CASM
Better High Detail Map and Icons
Darnified UI (link in first post towards the bottom)
Unofficial Patch

Note I also used the Large Address Aware Enabler (I'm using WIn7 64 bit) as well as the Fallout Stutter Remover. I'll assume you use FOMM and FOSE as well. If not, pick them up on the Nexus too.
Klumpen0815: Would you give out the links for the patch and mods you mentioned above?
GR00T: You bet:

CASM
Better High Detail Map and Icons
Darnified UI (link in first post towards the bottom)
Unofficial Patch

Note I also used the Large Address Aware Enabler (I'm using WIn7 64 bit) as well as the Fallout Stutter Remover. I'll assume you use FOMM and FOSE as well. If not, pick them up on the Nexus too.
Thanks, I didn't know about some of those, although I guess the performance tweaks won't change too much on my WinXP32, but the performance was good with my shappy old ATI card already and I've got a nice Nvidia card now with way more stable drivers.
It seems that most of those mods seem to originally have been written for Oblivion, so I'll have to get the Oblivion versions too. I've got Oblivion GOTY in my (real) shelf for years and haven't even touched it yet...
Klumpen0815: I've got Oblivion GOTY in my (real) shelf for years and haven't even touched it yet...
LOL - that was me with Fallout 3. I actually bought the physical Collector's Edition back when it was released. Never fired it up for years. Then I grabbed the GOTY edition on sale (cheaper than buying the DLCs separately - way cheaper) and tried it out a few times, as noted in my previous post. Finally got to it this year. Years after originally buying the game.

There's something to be said for waiting a long time though, as you get the benefit of patches and, for any game that's moddable, some great mods as well.
Klumpen0815: I've got Oblivion GOTY in my (real) shelf for years and haven't even touched it yet...
GR00T: LOL - that was me with Fallout 3. I actually bought the physical Collector's Edition back when it was released. Never fired it up for years. Then I grabbed the GOTY edition on sale (cheaper than buying the DLCs separately - way cheaper) and tried it out a few times, as noted in my previous post. Finally got to it this year. Years after originally buying the game.

There's something to be said for waiting a long time though, as you get the benefit of patches and, for any game that's moddable, some great mods as well.
I've bought the GOTY of Fallout 3 when it was available for 37€ and at that time, RPGs were really expensive in Germany for some reason and the prices didn't drop anymore over time while the old ones became more expensive than they were in the first year.
F3Goty sat there on my shelf for about 6 months, then I decided to play it and saw it on sale for 5€ the very same day. ><°!

It crashed every second hour thanks to the horrible final ATI-drivers for WinXP32, but I rebooted and stood my ground until the very end...
Blocks That Matter (Linux)

I've finished adventure mode with most stars and all chests and solved most of the bonus levels. Since the rest is only frustrating and no fun anymore I consider it finished.
The art is minimalistic as can be expected from a Java game, the music is relaxing and it should be, because the game can be really frustrating when you have planned out your solution, reached a certain point after some difficult moves but a tiny mistake in timing let's you play the whole level again... and again...
I've enjoyed the game anyway and would recommend it to everyone that likes puzzle games and doesn't mind all the areas where you need perfect timing and perfect jumps.
I will come back to the second part of the series (Tetrobot & Co) at some point for sure.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
The Walking Dead Season 1 (Xbox One)

Including 400 days of course. Pretty decent companion to the graphic novels and if you pay attention you will even briefly catch site of a few people you know from the comics. It's also a lot longer than i expected.
Luigi's Mansion. It's definitely second tier Nintendo but that's still pretty damn good by most anyone's standards. It has its challenging moments but mostly this is a pretty breezy game with decent controls and Nintendo have long understood that a well-designed cartoony art style can make for graphics that never look dated.
Hotline Miami:

I don't get it. Why is this such a highly touted game? Read the reviews and I still don't get it. Guess its personal preference? I'm not a fan. I actually didn't feel like they got much right. Didn't care for the music, visuals, gameplay, story... this just wasn't for me.
Splinter Cell
Thief Gold
Thief 2
Skyrim
STALKER : Shadow of Chernobyl
Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Blown away by all of them. Computer games, I have to say, are works of art sometimes !
Normality (GOG)

**Note: I played this game with the fan-made &ldquo;US Voices&rdquo; patch applied; the GOG version only comes with the original UK voice cast which does NOT include Corey Feldman!

This is a fun (and quite odd) 3D point-and-click adventure. The controls are a little awkward and take some getting used to, the graphics are nothing to brag about (particularly the character models), and many of the puzzles are quite easy (often you’ll use an item nearby to where you picked it up). But there are no dead ends, and game has a quirky charm and humour, not the least due to Corey Feldman’s awesomely over-the-top voicing of the main character. Overall it’s an OK (if not great) game and I’d recommend it to all point-and-click lovers especially if you enjoy quirky/funny ones.
coreyblueexclusive: Witcher 2 and Titan Souls.

Took me forever to beat Witcher 2 but I finished it on Dark Mode,I did both paths,I liked Roche's path way more,the politics made it extra fun in my opinion.The dark mode armor made you way too OP in my opinion,but dark mode wasn't really that hard to begin with.I can't wait to start Witcher 3 but shit I gotta clear out my back log and that wont be for awhile. Gog needs a screenshot button for galaxy so we can share moments on the forum.

Titan Souls(GoG):Fuck the Yeti and fuck the Fire Emerald Boss.
omega64: I quit at the shadow version of yourself. :l
Ah man you was so close to the end too :/ yeah I basically got him by luck but for me the earlier bosses were harder then the later ones.If you still got your save youtube the fight and finish that bitch.
omega64: I quit at the shadow version of yourself. :l
coreyblueexclusive: Ah man you was so close to the end too :/ yeah I basically got him by luck but for me the earlier bosses were harder then the later ones.If you still got your save youtube the fight and finish that bitch.
I've still got it installed even. :P
I'll probably do so when I feel like it.
I just finished Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra. I love turn-based RPG's, and I found this one quite entertaining.
Trine (1) Enchanted Edition from Croxx's GYG GA

I played this right after Trine 2, and it holds up well on its own. Couple big differences though:

1) On normal difficulty Trine 1 rewards perfection (with skill-ups and items) in a way that Trine 2 really doesn't
but it also punishes just goofing around exploring in a way that Trine 2 doesn't.

2) The last level (plus the bonus level) of 1 are very different. Instead of poking along killing monsters and solving spatial puzzles at your own pace, it's really just a pure race against the clock, and screwing up anywhere along the path may mean starting the whole level over.

At first it was a frustrating surprise, though after 4-5 attempts of trying to just rush, I figured out what the appropriate pace was, knew which characters to sub in for each stage, and which conjured objects to wreck vs. avoid.

But for anyone who really doesn't want the game to suddenly become more of an arcade platformer, it may be an unpleasant finish.

On the whole I give it a thumbs up, but if you were only going to play one I'd definitely recommend the second.