It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finished Bermuda by InvertMouse last night. Very rewarding. I liked Unhack and Without Within, but I'd say Bermuda is his best work--it's just so strong. Admittedly, the gameplay sections are limited and there's awful slowdown, but that didn't bother me. Still need to play his newest game Cursed Sight.
Perfect Dark (Xbox One using 360 emulation)

The semi sequel to N64 Goldeneye, ported to Xbox 360 in HD and now running on Xbox One using the new 360 backwards compatibility. And for this game at least the emulation worked without flaw. My version is part of the recent "Rare Replay" collection that features 30 Rare classic games from over 30 years on one disc, the 9 Xbox 360 games all use the emulation mode.

Perfect Dark was better than i was expecting. Pretty decent old style shooter, well designed short levels without any mid-level saving. People that can't live without any saving should avoid Perfect Dark like the plague, but i like it as it makes dying mean something, and forces thoughtful playing rather than save scumming trial and error style. I also love the first Hitman game of course.

The best feature of the game is the way in which the difficulty levels work. Agent level is pretty easy, with each mission only having 3 objectives. Play through on Special Agent and you find that the levels change considerably by adding in extra objectives as well as simply increasing difficulty. I haven't tried the Perfect Agent difficulty yet. I also haven't tried the multiplayer which is still popular on "Live" even to this day.

For a game that is still really just a high texture version of an original 2000 N64 game, it looks sharp and runs fast and controls well enough, but I'm not a fan of the aiming- auto aim is too strong, turn it off (best option) and the aim still bounces around too much for my liking. You get used to it. Anyway, it's a good Xbox shooter that can be picked up for only a few dollars and is worth the low price.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by CMOT70
Finished Duke Nukem 3D for the first time ever.Great game
Star Wars Dark Forces. I know this is the second time I've played through it but I remembered very little of the first time around :) Anyway, this is a fun FPS. At the time, it probably would have been fine to basically do a glorified Doom WAD with a Star Wars theme (pretty sure at least one person did that), but they went the extra mile and made this one of the first FPSs that features a look up/down function and jumping and crouching. This isn't just cool but I would say it's pretty important because a sense of endless vertical space (without guard rails) is one of the dominant visual aspects of Star Wars.

The weapons are a decent set to use (Slow on the Uptake Dept.: I just realized the Stormtrooper blaster rifle is the most inaccurate weapon in the game because it's a reference to the troopers' crap aiming in the movies. Derp...). The AI is NOT very good. The enemies will shoot at you once they see you, and I guess they move in your general direction, but oftentimes they'll bump into walls and turn around like a Roomba, allowing you a good shot at their backs. I played on normal/medium but perhaps they're smarter on the higher difficulties? An interesting design decision is barring saving during missions in favor of an arcade-like 3-lives system with generous checkpoints and bonus lives hidden in secret areas.
Enigmatis 2: The mists of Ravenwood

One of the better HOG's I've played recently. Better voicing, story, and puzzle sensibility than most. Pretty quick game to finish.
I played a game from a bundle, which was bought in a bundle - Global Conflicts - Sweatshops. I liked seeing scenes in poorer parts of Bangladesh. The issues are important. But it gets a resounding meh. I found all the evidence and my argument got I think 81%, strong success. I speedran it after finishing in about 12 minutes and missed a piece of evidence and got about 67%, also strong success. No interest in trying for better, but I'll give the other Global Conflicts games in the world collection a look some time that I have a spare few minutes.

Meh/10
LJChronx: Dishonored

Played through with low chaos. Did a little bit of killing, but no civilians. Going to go back through and use all swords and powers. Pretty neat little game. Excellent stealth, but it does get a little bit repetitive due to me sticking with the same strategy the whole play through.
Enebias: Imo, the problem with Dishonored is that it is waaaay too easy for its own good.
The developers put a lot of effort in allowing you to play however you want and giving you a wide arsenal of powers and weapons, just to make every single guard dumb as a stone and each place effortlessly reachable.
If the AI was more aware and the maps were wider (I suppose the game paid the price for being released during the last days of the old generation of consoles) and more complex like in Thief, it could have been the ultimate "choose your own approach" game.
It's a real pity, because the astonishing atmosphere, art style, soundtrack and infinite gameplay possibilities have been sacrificed for extreme “accessibility”.
To enjoy it I HAD to crank the difficulty to maximum, and the policemen were still incapable to look above their heads.
All very valid points. It worked for me, as I'm kind of a noob to stealth games. It was easy, but now I going to give the other "more challenging" stealth games a try.

andysheets1975: Star Wars Dark Forces. I know this is the second time I've played through it but I remembered very little of the first time around :) Anyway, this is a fun FPS. At the time, it probably would have been fine to basically do a glorified Doom WAD with a Star Wars theme (pretty sure at least one person did that), but they went the extra mile and made this one of the first FPSs that features a look up/down function and jumping and crouching. This isn't just cool but I would say it's pretty important because a sense of endless vertical space (without guard rails) is one of the dominant visual aspects of Star Wars.

The weapons are a decent set to use (Slow on the Uptake Dept.: I just realized the Stormtrooper blaster rifle is the most inaccurate weapon in the game because it's a reference to the troopers' crap aiming in the movies. Derp...). The AI is NOT very good. The enemies will shoot at you once they see you, and I guess they move in your general direction, but oftentimes they'll bump into walls and turn around like a Roomba, allowing you a good shot at their backs. I played on normal/medium but perhaps they're smarter on the higher difficulties? An interesting design decision is barring saving during missions in favor of an arcade-like 3-lives system with generous checkpoints and bonus lives hidden in secret areas.
Played through that one on my N64 years ago. Recently got it here on GoG, but havent given it a go yet. I remember the movement having a "sliding on ice" effect to it. Does it play fine with a M + K? Or is controller better?
Post edited August 22, 2015 by LJChronx
LJChronx: All very valid points. It worked for me, as I'm kind of a noob to stealth games. It was easy, but now I going to give the other "more challenging" stealth games a try.
You probably know all this titles already, but if you want to scale up the difficulty a bit, I recommend you Splinter Cell (the original is here, but Pandora Tomorrow and -especially- Chaos Theory are also worth a shot), Deus Ex and Mark of the Ninja, all of them excellent stealth games with multiple approaches, from ghosting to "predation".
Then, I'll warmly recommend you Thief 1 and 2, the holy grails of stealth and my favourite games ever -but also much more difficult and focused on pure stealth.
Hitman is also imo one of the best games of all time, but it is a completely different kind of stealth: it is not about being invisible, searching for unknown routes and staying out of trouble, but about hiding in plain sight and impersonating your enemy without raising suspicion.
Post edited August 22, 2015 by Enebias
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (original non-director's cut)

After years, I have finally finished this game!

What I liked:
Almost everything. The gameplay, atmosphere, music, graphics, animation and overall design.
This is a very well made game.

What I didn't like:
Less areas to explore than Deus Ex 1 & 2.
My character was way overpowered by the end of the game. I had all of the augments I wanted, and 10+ extra
Praxis (augment) points I didn't even know what to do with.
The 4 endings are literally buttons on a computer console. Seems a little lazy.
I beat the game using Stealth and they cheated me out of my "Pacifist" achievement. SOB...

Vote for it to come GOG.
Post edited August 23, 2015 by djdarko
Dragon age origins + Awakening

Dragon age 2 [was hoping for a GOTY edition, Bioware points are too expensive [expansions], for me anyway]]
Limbo (Linux)

Excellent, really dark and creepy puzzle platformer. I like the minimalistic approach and the very mature theme. Since my standard gamepad wasn't supported I had to play it with QJoypad but it was extremely well made in every other aspect. Maybe it will be on GoG at some point alongside Braid, it would deserve this place much more than Surgeon Simulator and other crap.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

I enjoyed playing through it but i skipped a few of the puzzles because i didn't have the nerve to finish them. :D

Overall a very nice HOPA and just as good as the first one.
LJChronx: Played through that one on my N64 years ago. Recently got it here on GoG, but havent given it a go yet. I remember the movement having a "sliding on ice" effect to it. Does it play fine with a M + K? Or is controller better?
Ha, I didn't realize it had an N64 port :) I played it with the keyboard and mouse and thought it was fine (I can't recall if I changed some of the key bindings or not). I guess the movement is a bit floaty, and that can cause some frustration with the occasional platform jumping, although thankfully there isn't TOO much of that, but for the most part I wouldn't say I had problems with the controls.
24.08. Heart of Darkness (1998) - 7/10

Damn the end of the game was hard as hell. It's a great cinematic platformer from a studio lead by Éric Chahi, the guy who made Another World. It has great character design and beautiful backgrounds and excellent animation and it looks great even today. I played the PSX version since it's superior to the PC one.

The game looks innocent on first glance, and it seems like they didn't look deeper into it when they gave it the lowst age rating. This game features really brutal character deaths, just watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyZfME5XYY

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post455
Post edited August 24, 2015 by Venser
A Golden Wake

When this game was first released, I almost bought it at full price but fortunately decided against it which turned out to be a sensible decision. It’s not a bad game but arguably Wadjet’s weakest title so far even when compared to Blackwell 1-3 and The Shivah which are just as meagre in the gameplay department but have slightly better writing.
A Golden Wake is a passable 3 star game, perhaps 3,5 stars if you like the 1920s Prohibition era setting with jazz, mobsters, real estate boom, illegal alcohol and so on – all the clichés of the genre are duly served, sadly not in a very original manner and without creating the atmosphere a game of this type needs to become a memorable experience.

For a first-time playthrough, you can expect a playtime of around 4 to 5 hours. It took me 5,5 hours including reloading on many occasions to look for alternate solutions and trying out different dialogue options. I can’t recommend the game at $14.99 but if it’s on sale for less than $5, it’s worth picking up if you’re a point & click adventure fan who has already played all the classics and if you want to finally complete your Wadjet collection.

The storyline isn’t badly written but despite several plot twists you’ll most likely not be taken by total surprise at any point, everything has too much of a recognition factor to it to create any sense of excitement. The tone is mostly serious but there was one instance where I had to laugh out loud despite expecting the exact thing that happened. For the most part, there is not much of interest going on and the world building is fairly basic which is a bit of a shame considering the great potential of the setting and the historical characters which could have been given more gravity if the voice acting was more convincing. As usual, the voice actors do an acceptable job but not a great one.

Aside from the first couple Blackwell games, this is Wadjet’s easiest title so far and even beginners should be able to get through this game without needing hints. There are only two puzzles in the game that might confuse someone who has never played an adventure game before, one puzzle involving a bookcase and the other one involving a row of liquor bottles – if you have played many adventure games you’ll instantly know what to do as there are enough hints in the game and the puzzles are almost a carbon copy of puzzles you have encountered in other adventure games.

One can be grateful for the absence of overly convoluted and obtuse puzzles but A Golden Wake takes familiarity a bit too far. Most of the puzzles are too obvious and direct, often of the simple “bring object A to place B” or “go to place B and talk to person X”, variety. This would be dull even for an RPG but in a good point & click adventure a little more complexity is needed, especially if the dialogue and story are as commonplace as they are in A Golden Wake.

For the most part, dialogue choices don’t matter at all except for when you enter persuasion mode (the primary weapon of any real estate agent) in which case you have to pick a precise sequence of answers while using your knowledge of the person you’re talking to and reading their facial expressions. If even one choice is wrong, the dialogue fails and you have to either retry or find an alternate solution to the problem when retrying isn’t possible. Finding the exact sequence of answers sadly comes down more to trial and error than logic, a common problem of many adventure games. The dialogue battles in The Shivah were a lot more fun but the possibility of finding alternate solutions to some of the problems in A Golden Wake is a minor saving grace to an otherwise handicapped and outdated dialogue mechanic.

Full list