It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ziggurat (Linux)

Finished easy mode 4 times by now with different characters but it has gotten old by now.
I've got no reason for trying medium difficulty since I'd probably never see new stuff this way.
It's a fun game to shut your brains off for a while, although naturally it's extremely repetitive.
To me, it's just "The Binding of Isaac" in first person perspective with Heretics design and several difficulty modes.
The usual random rooms, arena fighting, boss fights, gathering ammo, rinse and repeat.

I'd say it's worth a few bucks for the nice time I had, but there is a bloody lot of wasted potential in this game for sure and I wish they'd have made it with classical FPS level design instead of rogue like arena mechanics, but I guess I'll have to play the old ID titles for this via the DoomsdayEngine.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Mind Snares: Alice's Journey

Another nice HOPA from Artifex Mundi. Like all their games it's well made and i enjoyed playing it.
The ending was a bit rushed and left some questions unanswered so maybe there will be a second part one day.
Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4: Escape Plan Bravo (Xbox One)

Far less action in this episode, in fact almost entirely consists of selecting dialog options- hardly any QTE. Ready to see how the story ends now.
Grargar: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

I had initially played and completed the original Dawn of War campaign years ago. After a brief tussle with the Winter Assault expansion, I never again played Dawn of War ever since then. Nostalgia eventually got me hankering for some Dawn of War again and I decided to install and play the original game again. Needless to say, I was hooked and I completed the main campaign in no time.

My short verdict? A great licensed game, with a glaring flaw; no campaign for the other races. I really hate it when games do that.

Full list.
i thought the dark crusade expansion for DoW was pretty good, until the lastest patch fucked up all balance issues and made them worse in seemingly random ways. i beat the campaign twice before that happened, so i got good mileage out of it. and later, relic got what it gave. good riddance.
Post edited August 19, 2015 by dick1982
Shank

A great-looking (and greatly-animated as well) side-scrolling beat-em-up, in which you take control of the eponymous hero in a quest for revenge. Slash your enemies with your daggers, carve them up with your chainsaw, riddle them with bullets from your handguns, toss them against other enemies or pounce like a tiger from above. You can later unlock more weapons, like a set of two machetes or a shotgun. Too bad that most of the extra weapons are useless, something that will become evident when you realise that enemies take forever to die, forcing you to stick to your original weapons (at least for the guns), in an effort to minimize the sponge. Unfortunately, slightly minimizing it is the best that you can hope for and it ends up dragging the game down. Oh well, at least it's a short game.

Complete list.
Post edited August 20, 2015 by Grargar
Child of Light

I quite liked it, very charming. The artistic style is spot on and definitely the best feature of the game. I also liked the combat; it had a nice twist to its turn-based system because of the interrupt mechanic, so you're not just exchanging blows. Combat was also rewarding because of the oculi the enemies sometimes dropped. You can craft them further and get upgrades that way.

I guess the only real negative is having to use the Uplay client, as I'm sure every PC gamer thinks is completely worthless. Other than that, good game.
DProject: I guess the only real negative is having to use the Uplay client, as I'm sure every PC gamer thinks is completely worthless.
In the case of Child of Light, the client can even be a hindrance. Ironically, in order to be able to play the game, I have to set the client to offline mode, due to some silly bug.
I finally finished Final Fantasy IV (DS). I liked it.
Neverending Nightmares

First of all, a big thanks to Cecil for the game!

The gameplay is incredibly simple. Most of the time you're free to walk to your next destination without a care in the world. Occasionally you'll have to practice some stealth, the mechanics of which vary by level.

Early game stealth as you hiding in wardrobes, which you can duck into even when the enemy is near you, and you can leave as soon as they've walked past. In the middle game you're only allowed to move when the enemy moves and you have to find a route around them, running, touching anything or even barely touching the move keys when the enemy is standing still results in a quick trip to the last checkpoint.

At the very last level you basically just sprint away from enemies, heading to the nearest door(s).

As a whole I didn't find the actual gameplay to be engaging and like I said, it's incredibly simple.

The story is...well I'm not sure how to grade it, as it's nearly nonexistent in terms of actual writing, so you're left to make your own conclusions. That said, a lot of the story presentation is extremely hamfisted, the only way you could miss the meaning would be to stare somewhere other than your monitor. I suppose I would rate it as serviceable.

The art is the highlight and obvious star here. The art style is highly unique, the early game is especially impressive. Perhaps my favorite part of the graphics would be the levels where everything is blacked out, left to be illuminated by your candle. I do have to say that the main character is sadly out of sync with the rest of the graphics, as he's rather amateur-ish looking. Certain areas are a bit too cartoon-y and...MS Paint looking for my liking, but that's just minor quibbling.

The sound design is what I consider to be the second best part of the game. Everything sounds good, the music is solid and appropriate for each level, the effects and sound changes really set the mood and it's all just a good job all around.

Overall I enjoyed Neverending Nightmares, save for one particularly frustrating level that seemed to drag on. I can't recommend it at full price, the gameplay isn't fun enough and it's a short game (I beat it in under two hours), but it's worth a playthrough if you find it in a bundle or on sale.
Post edited August 20, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
Dishonored

Played through with low chaos. Did a little bit of killing, but no civilians. Going to go back through and use all swords and powers. Pretty neat little game. Excellent stealth, but it does get a little bit repetitive due to me sticking with the same strategy the whole play through.
Legend of Grimrock (Linux)

"Yo dawg, we heard you like staring at walls..."

I have very mixed feelings about this game. On the one hand I'm glad that there is a polished Linux port, the game looks pretty but still fitting for it's retro premise and controls are easy to learn. The dungeon layout is good, enemy variety ok, character options quite good, story falls flat at the end (this cuve thing was really awkward) but is good enough for this type of game. The main problem is, that in order to find even a fraction of the MANY secrets, you have to search every piece of wall for hidden switches and then guess, what it did somewhere else. If you accidentally clicked two times on them, you're screwed. I played it on easy mode, but this doesn't make finding the secrets any less tedious.
Combat is slow paced but you can fight with slight variations of your basic strategy at least. Spiders and venom are as annoying as ever.

As someone, who never played an oldschool dungeon crawler (if you don't count Arx Fatalis), I had fun but not enough to play it through the Toorun mode now, which I wasn't even able to unlock myself since I missed a tiny hidden switch...again.

I'd recommend it to old school dungeon crawler fans and probably some others but in the end, I was a bit disappointed, since it does copy about every weakness of the old games and doesn't improve much in this genre.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Witcher yay!

I'm thinking to finish DA:O but the fight with zombies in Redcliffe was so hard af even at normal difficulties. I'm kinda discouraged now.
Enigmatis: The ghost of Maple Creek.

Standard fair HOG/Point and click hybrid. Nice as a distraction if you don't mind all the pros and cons of the norm in that genre.
LJChronx: Dishonored

Played through with low chaos. Did a little bit of killing, but no civilians. Going to go back through and use all swords and powers. Pretty neat little game. Excellent stealth, but it does get a little bit repetitive due to me sticking with the same strategy the whole play through.
Imo, the problem with Dishonored is that it is waaaay too easy for its own good.
The developers put a lot of effort in allowing you to play however you want and giving you a wide arsenal of powers and weapons, just to make every single guard dumb as a stone and each place effortlessly reachable.
If the AI was more aware and the maps were wider (I suppose the game paid the price for being released during the last days of the old generation of consoles) and more complex like in Thief, it could have been the ultimate "choose your own approach" game.
It's a real pity, because the astonishing atmosphere, art style, soundtrack and infinite gameplay possibilities have been sacrificed for extreme “accessibility”.
To enjoy it I HAD to crank the difficulty to maximum, and the policemen were still incapable to look above their heads.
Post edited August 20, 2015 by Enebias
Death to Spies (GOG):

A fun (and very hard) "Hitman" style game set in WWII. Although it's a bit rough around the edges (most noticeably the sound), if you enjoy watching guards patrol waiting for a moment to sneak past, creating diversions, and killing people and then taking their clothes to impersonate them, then I'd recommend this game :).