It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Wolf Among Us, Ep. 3: A Crooked Mile

Mixed feelings about this episode. The plot didn't advance very far until the very last 10 minutes or so; before that, it was mostly hunting for clues to a certain character's whereabouts without anything too major happening in between. I think the episode was also really predictable, as I foresaw two important things in advance; wish I could say what they were, but I'm going to stay on the safe side and stay quiet just that I don't accidentally spoil anything.

Those last 10 minutes were golden though, and the game let me have one particular major choice, which I really enjoyed. The look on the others' faces reminded me a bit of Clementine's, in Walking Dead Season 1, when I did a similar "nasty" thing then. The introduction of this one new character was very interesting (goddamnit, it's hard to describe everything without spoiling anything!) and I'm betting there will be much fun to be had with that person in the future. Had the first part of the episode been less sluggish, I would've liked it more as a whole. I mean, it was still good story-telling, but compared to the first two episodes, I found it a little lacking, probably because how it was mostly filler. And like I said, the big mystery of "who's behind all of this?" remains about as big of a mystery as it did in the last episode. I have a potential new name, but that's about it. However, seeing as there's only two episodes left, definite answers will probably start to pop out pretty soon.
The Longest Journey

I planned to play this for ages and now that I did, I have mixed feelings about it.
The story is ok, difficulty curve is somewhat inversed, it's harder at the beginning and gets constantly easier, because there are less and less different screens to visit at a time and less points to interact with.
The main problem with this game is, that it's boring and a waiting game most of the time, simply because the animations are extremely slow and the character is slower when running than other point'n'click characters are when walking and there is no way to exit a known screen instantly, which makes you walk a loooong part of the game, expeccially since there are many riddles where you have to walk the same spots up and down again and again.
The English voice acting is good, although not phenomenal.
Replay value is nil, but it was nice in a way, let's see how well made the second part of the series is.

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited January 11, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Finished The Shivah. A good point'n click, quite difficult but the limited number of places and inventory items help reduce it. Quite short. I'd recommend it mostly to fans of the Blackwell series (by the same developer).
Arkham orgins - There is a reason rocksteady tried a different approach then tackle the a origin story for batman, the plot in the game is so so, joker characters gets really well flushed out, but everything else falls flat. The detective mechanics was well done, but need better plot implementation. Level design and some game design is crap, specially some of the boss fight is garbage, there is just too much bane in this game, it feels like bane was the main character and the main villain and main everything, considering how many times you fight him, on how many stages of boss battle he goes through. The scarecrow wanna be level of mad hatter is the worst side scrolling gone wrong level design i have ever seen, stupid stupid devs. Fans may want to try it, it has a lot of bugs, but since its just bad copy paste of arkham city, its still a fun but frustrating game at end.
djranis: Arkham orgins - There is a reason rocksteady tried a different approach then tackle the a origin story for batman, the plot in the game is so so, joker characters gets really well flushed out, but everything else falls flat. The detective mechanics was well done, but need better plot implementation. Level design and some game design is crap, specially some of the boss fight is garbage, there is just too much bane in this game, it feels like bane was the main character and the main villain and main everything, considering how many times you fight him, on how many stages of boss battle he goes through. The scarecrow wanna be level of mad hatter is the worst side scrolling gone wrong level design i have ever seen, stupid stupid devs. Fans may want to try it, it has a lot of bugs, but since its just bad copy paste of arkham city, its still a fun but frustrating game at end.
I haven't finished that even I won that game from kneethecap.. I liked batman games but it was so much the same that it is tough. That is why I don't are in a hurry in arkham knight.. same combat again.. I rather play awesome evil within and res 1 remake and revelations 2. Also I loved Risen 1.. and played Risen 2.. I have trouble starting Risen 3 again. Is it a bad game.. Yeah it is. =P
Lume

Nice little prologue to Luminous City, but it's definitely flawed.
The riddle with the 9 numbers was a real pita.
It was clear, that the numbers were to be found on the page with the grammophone, BUT there's no way to tell me it's logical having to ignore words like "first" (=1) while having to count the word grammophone as the 1... what were they thinking?

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited January 11, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Finished Thief 2014 this weekend. I finally got past the spooky 4th chapter and cleaned it up.

I started it up on the Master difficulty level since I was a big Thief fan and well-accustomed to its play style. I'm glad I did b/c lots of folks said it was too easy. I only had a few spots that were a multi-reload spot.

I played more like a ghostly thief in the beginning. After all, city guards have wives and families are doing a good service to the city. But as the story developed, I didn't mind putting an arrow through the throat of many sentries. It was merciful compared to what most deserved.

And now my main game is Might and Magic X. So far, I'm loving it. It\'s held most of what I liked and updated it for a new generation. It feels like it's built more for adults. You can play for 15 minutes or an hour or 4. It's accessible, quite strategic and simply enjoyable. But I'm only a few hours in. Will it be good? Only time will tell....
Postal 2. I enjoyed Postal 2 quite a bit, but I do have a soft spot for GTA/Saints Row style games (Postal 2 is like a FPS version of those two series). Postal 2 has some great humor, tons of depth (there are a LOT of things you can do) and interesting mechanics overall. There isn't much story but there doesn't need to be and I enjoyed the open ended nature of most of the objectives. Graphics-wise it looks good, sound-wise weapons sound weak (save for the melee weapons) and there is little music to speak of. The two issues I had (both of which are fairly minor) were the amount of loading screens (it's zone based open world) and being attacked by random NPCs for defending myself. I'll be playing more of this in the future to find the secret areas and to complete the other modes. I have no problems recommending this to anybody who likes the GTA/Saints Row games, or anybody interested in wacky over the top open world games.

Alpha Prime. Alpha Prime is a rather mediocre FPS with high difficulty even on medium. Enemies are aimbots and the moment they get a glimpse of you they know exactly where you always are. Levels are short and entirely linear and (for the most part) fairly uninteresting. The story is forgettable but not quite outright terrible. Graphics-wise it's actually a good looking game, like a sci-fi version of Doom 3. Sound-wise everything sounds good but it sounds like there were less than seven songs in total, including songs that made one appearance in a cutscene, while there are only two action themes that have to last you the entire game (hint: you get sick of them). Overall I enjoyed it just enough to finish it but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
I finished Darklands. After game time's 3 years, I just bored to playing repetitive generic missions(beat robber knights or take item).
The game is purely sand box, so I consider this as finished.
As a next game, I will play Mount and Blade Warband(This game is sand box too) or Neverwinter nights 2.

My List
Post edited January 12, 2015 by yoshino
yoshino: I finished Darklands. After game time's 3 years, I just bored to playing repetitive generic missions(beat robber knights or take item).
Actually, it's not "purely sand box" as there is a final mission here: defeating Baphomet. You can read more about it HERE
yoshino: I finished Darklands. After game time's 3 years, I just bored to playing repetitive generic missions(beat robber knights or take item).
Ghorpm: Actually, it's not "purely sand box" as there is a final mission here: defeating Baphomet. You can read more about it HERE
Really?! Well, I will play this game later, right now I just want to play something else.
Ghorpm: Actually, it's not "purely sand box" as there is a final mission here: defeating Baphomet. You can read more about it HERE
yoshino: Really?! Well, I will play this game later, right now I just want to play something else.
Yeah, the problem is that after 3 years I doubt your team is good enough to challenge Baphomet, you probably need a lot of grinding first... This final mission is not even that interesting so I wouldn't feel bad about not playing it again.
Koala Kids

It's a rather short (roughly 1.5h) puzzle platformer. 20 stages each of them with 3 one screen levels. In each level there is a little bit of platforming (rather easy), collecting the treasure (most of it you'll collect anyway on your way out) and some puzzles (sometimes you can pick up objects that will help you defend yourself and reach previously inaccessible areas, there 4 different types of objects but you can only carry two of them at the same time). If you collect enough treasures you will get presents at the end of each stage, I got all of them at the first run so as I've said - it's rather easy. A very decent game if you have just a few minutes to play and if you like games like that.

Full list
Post edited January 16, 2015 by Ghorpm
The Wolf Among Us, Ep. 4: In Sheep's Clothing

We're nearing the final. The game has not disappointed thus far and I doubt it will in the last episode either. Answers are about to be revealed and I'm very excited to hear them. This episode was a little bit like the previous one: more focus on investigation, less on action. The difference being that this time the plot got a nice push forward, too. The meeting in Bigby's office was a little bit too mysterious though, and I'm not really sure what I was supposed to gather from it. Something about not to trust my friends, or did I completely misunderstood that? Who's there not to trust? Eh, I don't know, I guess I'll figure it out during the next episode.
January, 12. Puzzle Agent 2.
Funny game! I enjoyed it as much as the first one. Though I get this feeling that the story of the first game was bigger, wider. Or maybe it's because now I re-visited places from the first game. One thing I still can't figure out... Who would eat already chewed gum?!
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Dessimu