It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gogamess: Just finished <span class="podkreslenie"><span class="bold">Gothic 1</span></span> with Level 34 and 68 hours playtrough.

What an excellent game! A wonderful RPG. Totally worth it. ^_^
It really is! :)
Gothic is one of my favourite games of all time, and undoubtedly my top choice for action RPGs. Also, it has the best map design you could ever find in an open world videgame, period. If there is a game that can beat in on its own ground, it must be Gothic 2!
Just out of curiosity: which faction did you choose?
Time Gentlemen, Please. The same thing as Ben There, Dan That except bigger and better in every way except the graphics, which shouldn't have been changed anyway because it's funnier this way. Better puzzles, a longer and more substantial game, and still very funny. I would buy at least one more game in this series, if the creators felt like making one.
gogamess: Just finished <span class="podkreslenie"><span class="bold">Gothic 1</span></span> with Level 34 and 68 hours playtrough.

What an excellent game! A wonderful RPG. Totally worth it. ^_^
Enebias: It really is! :)
Gothic is one of my favourite games of all time, and undoubtedly my top choice for action RPGs. Also, it has the best map design you could ever find in an open world videgame, period. If there is a game that can beat in on its own ground, it must be Gothic 2!
Just out of curiosity: which faction did you choose?
I joined the Old Camp, so I wasn't accepted on the New Camp or the Swamp Camp, so it shows as failed missions.
At the final chapter, even people from Old Camp shoot at me, they said I was a traitor, lol.
MGS Ground Zeroes

For the 10 bucks I got it for it has a hell of a lot game play. Looks good even on the 360 and I love how it controls compared to the previous entries. Its an upgrade in nearly every way compared to other games in the series.
Paper Sorcerer

I know this game has a small fan base, but personally I didn't like it very much. It's just way too rough around the edges for my tastes. I'll try to list some of the biggest annoyances:
- The music is atrocious and entirely out of place. You can't even mute it inside the game.
- The game withholds vital information, such as enemy HP / defense and their vulnerabilities / immunities; how much damage a spell or a blow will inflict; how long buffs and debuffs last, etc. Basically, you just have to blindly mash enemies until they decide to drop.
- In combat, you select what each party member shall do, but they don't do it instantly so you're kinda only putting the actions on queue. This leads to problems, if I, say, want to heal someone but an enemy suddenly decides to kill that guy first, which leads to my character trying to heal a fresh corpse, thus wasting a turn. You never know the order in which your characters and the enemies will move.
- Various bugs, glitches and spelling errors. Prone to locking up entirely if accessing the character screen from the safe room.
- All of the menus are a pain to navigate, and they look really ugly.
- While I like the overall visual style (meaning the corridors), many of the character portraits look like shit. Same with animations.
- The game consists of mainly combat, so it gets really repetitive fast and in the end you just want to ignore every possible combat situation, if at all possible.
- No "sell every useless crap at once" option in the store, which means you have to separately sell every item. And trust me, you pick up these "treasures" quite a lot. Also, when buying something, when you first click on an item you want, the screen automatically scrolls to the top and only when you scroll back down, can you actually buy the item.
- Minions can only use one type of weapon assigned to them, so with bad luck you might only come across weapons you can never, ever use.

So...the initial setup (being trapped inside a book) and the graphics style are good, but the rest is pretty much crap. In my opinion the game needs a major overhaul before I could recommend it to anyone. Even if it's a budget game.
Just finished the The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena which despite a few frustrating times was actually quite good and got me watching the movie again. I also played the earlier game Escape From Butcher Bay which was remade with updated graphics and included with Dark Athena.
gogamess: I joined the Old Camp, so I wasn't accepted on the New Camp or the Swamp Camp, so it shows as failed missions.
During my first playthrough I joined the Old Camp as well!
Then I have been a templar, a mercenary, a fire mage, a water mage and a guard again. Twice for each one!
I don't like Gothic, not at all! Does that show? XD
gogamess: I joined the Old Camp, so I wasn't accepted on the New Camp or the Swamp Camp, so it shows as failed missions.
Enebias: During my first playthrough I joined the Old Camp as well!
Then I have been a templar, a mercenary, a fire mage, a water mage and a guard again. Twice for each one!
Am I the only one that chose the potheads in the swamp for the first playthrough? :D
They seemed like the most peaceful ones in the beginning.
Gothic 1 will always be one of my favourite RPGs and I've finished it a lot of times.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Enebias: During my first playthrough I joined the Old Camp as well!
Klumpen0815: Am I the only one that chose the potheads in the swamp for the first playthrough? :D
Gothic 1 will always be one of my favourite RPGs and I've finished it a lot of times.
Nah first playthrough was new camp, they seemed like the cool guys :D
<span class="bold">La-Mulana</span>

This could be either your dream game or your worst nightmare.
La Mulana defines itself as an “Action Archaeological Ruins Exploration" game, which basically translates in "Castlevania meets Indiana Jones in a Japanese 2D madness".
The definition is right: taking the role of Professor Lemeza, you must search for a legendary secret in the immense ruins of La Mulana, uncovering and exploring many different areas while battling your way between a puzzle and another.
The game seems taken straight from the SNES or early Playstation era, not only in its looks but -unfortunately, I say- also in the interface: there is no mouse support of any kind, not even in the start menu, and you must navigate through the menus just like you would have done in Symphony of the Night.
The combat is quite easy (and fair even during the MUCH more challenging boss encounters), yet the puzzles are among the hardest you could ever find. The real problem in this is not the sheer difficulty of them (especially since the majority of them makes sense, despite a small number of absolutely preposterous, illogical and generally unreasonable ones), but rather their pacing and the hint system; to explain better, you should know that the game provides you with lots and lots of hints to solve what could have been an absolutely obscure riddle, yet it does so by scattering fragments of each solution over countless stone tablets... positioned everywhere in the giant map, and without the possibility to save more than a maximum of 20 lines of text at a time.
This is very troublesome, as very often some tablets you read during the first 10 minutes of the game can become vital during the latter stages, and even if you remember you have seen them before, if you don't recall precisely their content you have to backtrack and read them again.
The vastness of the map (probably the biggest I have ever seen in a 2D game) and the insane amount of interconnected puzzles makes the faults of the hints system unbearable if -like me- you didn't start the game knowing what to expect, and you will inevitably end to get stuck somewhere with no other option to progress other than search for a guide; the problem is, since each puzzle is vital for the next but you cannot precisely know what you need at the moment, you will end up spoiling yourself more than half of the game to find the single item you need at that moment.
Also, READ THE MANUAL! There you can find vital information that the game does not provide.

Regardless of this, La Mulana is a great game: the developers have shown real love for the genre, crafting one of the more complex games in existence, with brilliant puzzles, good combat, a deep study and reimagining of ancient mythology and legends from all the world and completing it with a catchy soundtrack and as good visuals as 16-bit games can get. Wandering trough the ruins and solving your problems after having assembled the knowledge and the many items you need is extremely satisfying, and if you manage to do it on your own you intellect and skills definitely deserve praise.
You just need to know what kind of game waits you before starting and avoid to blindly rush in, otherwise your experience will be anything but pleasant.

Follow my suggestion: abandon the in-game hint saving system altogether and play it in windowed mode with a text document nearby, writing down every-single-line and reorganizing them based on the common logic behind each sentence, so that you will always know what to search and have all the material you need to succeed.

That said, I can both recommend the game and tell you to avoid it based on what kind of player you are: if you have a lot (and I really mean a lot) of free time and you want a real challenge that will put both your fingers and your brain at test, providing a great amount of clever riddles, hard to uncover secrets and complex gameplay, then La Mulana may very well be the Ultimate game for you; if on the other hand you don't want a game that will mercilessly strain you or you simply don't have enough time to spend behind a single title, avoid it like the plague, as in this case it is brutal and unfair.

I started it casually as I would with any other game, and this ended up burning what could have been one of the greatest experiences in videogaming; if only I had manually taken notes, I would have certainly not found myself stuck every 10 minutes. As it is, I bear the shame of having used a guide for nearly the 50% of the time I spent with it (nearly 15 hours). :P
I have big hopes for the sequel: if Nigoro could only abandon their ties to the console gaming of old, actually using the PC for what it is rather than making their game feel like an emulated SNES title, they could make a great “hint managing” system (one where you can register, label and move everything at your leisure like you were on a laptop, for instance) that would immensely improve the game without simplifying it in any way, crafting what could be one of the greatest videogames ever.
Let's hope they decide not to be stubborn!
Klumpen0815: Am I the only one that chose the potheads in the swamp for the first playthrough? :D
Huh, I can't even remember which camp I joined. Is that an indication that I was with the potheads, too? ;) Then again, maybe not, because what I remember are some flashes of me paying the Old Camp a visit, and those images aren't very "peaceful". What I'm quite sure of is that later on there was no Old Camp in my playthrough anymore. :P
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Leroux
Sunset Overdrive

Quick summary: Best game to come out of 2014 for me, well as far as pure action games go anyway. Xbox One exclusive, best console exclusive of the current gen (and yes i have a PS4 as well). Funnily enough, it's an Xbox exclusive made by Insomniac who are traditionally a producer of Sony exclusives like Ratchet and Clank.
Game plays like an 8 year old overdosed on sugar and caffeine. The soundtrack is an awesome mix of garage punk/rock style bands, one of most appropriate soundtracks for the game style i've come across.
You will find it hard to find a review rated below 8/10, yet it's hard to find anyone that's actually played it other than to review it. But pretty much anyone that's played it loves it. It's one of those games. If it didn't come bundled with the Xbox, i would not have have ever thought to buy it, let alone play it myself. So it's doomed to be forgotten in the long run.

Long Version: It looks like a GTA/Saints Row clone, but it isn't. It's actually an open world shooter but with a lot of influence from Infamous, Borderlands, Crackdown, Tony Hawk Pro Skater and a sense of the ridiculous that makes Saints Row look normal and sane. Your character is essentially a super hero type, able to grind on rails and power lines and platform, air dash etc. All whilst shooting and heading to your next objective. Standing on the ground too long gets you killed, the enemies spawn endlessly. The aim is to stay up high and stay moving, everything in the game rewards you for staying on the move and performing stunts.

The weapons are ridiculous, they're meant to be. Like wise the way your power up and advance your character.
The missions are pretty standard, over the top, versions of the usual video game tropes, fetch, tower defense etc, but i never tired of doing stuff. After finishing up everything the game has to offer except for some of the challenge missions, i've played about 28 hours and wish it went for longer. Which pretty much brings me to the only downside of the game for me- no game plus mode. After completion you're free to just run around and play it as a sandbox game and do challenges or repeat missions, but there's no option to play the story again whilst keeping your current progress, or even to simply upgrade the difficulty for a second play through which i would do if it was an option. All you can do is start a new standard play through.

The story involves bringing together 4 groups of misfits to fight a local apocalypse caused by a huge energy drink corporation that didn't test it's latest product very well, and turns people into mutants. The NPC's grow on you over the course of the game, especially Wendy the Bard...who plays a mean battle tune and does not suck like most Bards. But the story is just an excuse to have fun whilst steering you around the in the open world with a bit of purpose.

Technically the game had no glitches or bugs at all for me, and never dropped a frame below ultra smooth performance at it's 1080p. The controls are well balanced and make what looks like a complicated game to control actually feel pretty natural after a bit of practice.

Really the only reason why people would play Sunset Overdrive and not have fun would be because it could be just too "over the top" and over paced for some people, or it's not their genre. But, for me, the game has no faults doing what it tries to do at all.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by CMOT70
Sonic the Hedgehog

Was playing it and then it ended, first time I've finished it. It seemed easier after playing Hotline Miami.

It's as charming as it always is. Kind of an amazing videogame really, how it creates such a vivid cartoon world with so few pixels and unique visual character designs. And still hugely replayable.

No. 72 completed.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
Just went through 2033. I liked it alot, actually. I liked the pacing this time more than Last Light and I thought it was a slightly more fun game this time. I liked the story about the same in both and Last Light is the better game (had more than a few areas where it still showed that this game could have been made better). In conclusion, very good.
Moero Downhill Night Type R

An eroge I got in a VN pack on a sale on one of the bundles sites.
Typical eroge fare on that one (dating from 2007). You're the hero, you lost your memory, you meet people (mostly women) and well, what happens in an eroge happens in that eroge too.

So, nothing to wake up for at night? Yes... but no. First, the setting is pretty interesting since it's in the world of underground racing (for those who know the anime/manga Initial D, they'll know what I mean). So, it's pretty different from your usual "highschool" or "fantasy kingdom" setting.
It's a VN, so there's not so much a game here than click through screens. You'll have to make decisions, sometimes that will end the game immediately (far too abruptly). But the game lets you save anywhere and anytime, so that's a minor nuisance.
More interesting, you'll have to make choices as a navigator in order to win the races. It's funnier since you actually have to remember at least a little the road configuration and your choices are timed. So, it's nothing revolutionary, but it's pretty nice. And you have lots of 3D cutscenes that are actually decently done.

And the "ero" part, well, I'd recommend that VN to anybody that has never done an eroge before : fear not, there's nothing like tentacles, rape, incest or anything disguting in that eroge. On the contrary, it's pretty cute... if you can bear with the high pitched voices of the ladies, of course !

All in all, a pretty decent VN, worth the couple of hours I sank in it, even if I haven't unlocked all the collectible images (and I don't plan to).

So far in 2015 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2