It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: Every level has 4-5 checkpoints (but you can destroy them if you want to play the harder version). I did not find the platforming that difficult :-)
awalterj: Ok thanks good to know, you see I used to play Super Mario on the NES at the MIGROS supermarket when I was a kid and died all the time without getting very far. At home I didn't have many platformers for the PC (Shinobi and a few others) so I didn't get much practice, either. Nowadays I'm still averse to gratuitous platforming, more into the puzzling aspect.

Shovel Knight isn't on my wishlist but if it's on a super steep sale I might pick it up, looks like a fine game.
Prepare to wait a long while, it's been on sale on Steam a few times. GOG version hasn't been on sale at all as far as I know.
omega64: Prepare to wait a long while, it's been on sale on Steam a few times. GOG version hasn't been on sale at all as far as I know.
But 30% at max even on Steam. Right now, it's 15% sale it's only its third sale ever. It was twice on Steam and on on Humble Store. Never on GOG.
In almost 1 year of time.

Yes, I am watching this game closely. :-)
Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker (Linux - Dolphin)

At this point I wonder why I finished it at all, probably because I thought it might get better later on.
It's one of the worst games I've ever played and I got the feeling that they deliberately gathered terrible design decisions, because Ocarina of Time was just too good.
Remember the water temple in OoT where you had to go to the menu and change your boots all the time? It was like game-dev trolling right at you. Now imagine a game built around such a mechanic demanding it from you every few seconds throughout the whole game between lots of... waiting. You sit on your boat and wait until you're finally there a bloody lot, even with the transport whirlwind. Now combine this with A LOT of repeating unskippable dialogue, explaining you how to use a certain item every time you fucking find it... oh and be sure to watch the even longer than usual chest opening scene hundreds of times, even for small amounts of money (including the unskippable dialogue of there too of course). And the camera... oh gawd.... I can ignore the completely ugly art style but not all the rest.
I could go on like this for a while but it's no use, the whole game is full of such bullshit.
Phantom Hourglass was ok (although did not impress me), Spirit Tracks was bad, but this one takes the cake.
I'd rather recommend playing the GameBoy, NES, SNES and N64 Zelda games over and over again.

Into the list with this junk:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited August 23, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Just finished Xenonauts. Thanks again, IAmSinistar.

Let's get this out of the way first, the game is full of little bits of jank - Sometimes foreground tiles end up in the background, inconsistent and baffling button mapping (or lack-thereof), shooting in a new direction while having reserved time units overrides your reservation. And a bunch of other oddities too.

Regardless, the good far outweighs the bad. In fact, I would say that Xenonauts is far superior to the original X-Com.

I definitely ended up becoming attached to certain characters, and it was a huge bummer to see them die :( I tried to avoid save-scumming; I decided to only reload if my main character died or if things really went to shit. Ultimately, though, my main character did die right at the very end of the game. She died doing what she loved - killing aliens.

R.I.P. Commander Kozlova.
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

One of the very few AAA titles I've played this year, and definitely the newest of them. Really liked this one, from the gameplay to the cheesy ... well, everything. A bit too repetitive on the one liners though, and I must have heard the one about "games don't cause violence" speech 3 or 4 times. Played on Normal, and it was mostly rather Easy, so I'll have to try Hard.

This was also my first experience with Uplay, and, while annoying, it at least didn't cause any major issues for me so far.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started playing on Dec 30, 2014 and finished Skyrim last month a week or so before Witcher 3 was released. All in all I put over 600 hours into one game of Skyrim. What's surprising is that the average time to beat is around 100 hours apparently, not doing all side quests, and around 215 hours including side quests as "completionist". Well, I'm a completionist myself and I can only think that other completionists out there are just posers and not real completionists because I can't see how it is even possible to complete every single thing in Skyrim in 200 hours. Maybe 300 or so, but anything short of that is IMHO "incompletionist". Funny thing is, I didn't actually complete everything either as I never chose a side in the war although I could go back and do so as technically the game does not actually end apparently. But you're free to choose not to pick a side either, so I consider my game completed. Also I decided to kill the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining them and having their quest tree available to me. I suspect there's quite a few hours left if I were to have done that, and one of the war questlines. I never did the war because I'd normally go for the downtrodden underdog being beaten down by "the man", in which case I'd have joined the Stormcloak rebellion, but I was playing an elf and overheard the Stormcloaks basically saying when they take back Skyrim from the imperials they're going to eradicate the elves... So the imperials are douchebags and the Stormcloaks are racists. There was no option available to attack both sides and kill them all and claim Skyrim for the high elves so I had to just leave it at that. :)

Some day I need to obtain the Skyrim DLC packs and have another playthrough as a different character and try out some of the stuff I opted out of. In the mean time though I've got the Witcher series to keep me busy and about 1200 other RPGs. Looks like it'll be a slow year in terms of completing games, they're all so friggen massive! Plus I was given Fallout New Vegas as a birthday gift a month or so ago...
Austrobogulator: Just finished Xenonauts. Thanks again, IAmSinistar.

Let's get this out of the way first, the game is full of little bits of jank - Sometimes foreground tiles end up in the background, inconsistent and baffling button mapping (or lack-thereof), shooting in a new direction while having reserved time units overrides your reservation. And a bunch of other oddities too.

Regardless, the good far outweighs the bad. In fact, I would say that Xenonauts is far superior to the original X-Com.

I definitely ended up becoming attached to certain characters, and it was a huge bummer to see them die :( I tried to avoid save-scumming; I decided to only reload if my main character died or if things really went to shit. Ultimately, though, my main character did die right at the very end of the game. She died doing what she loved - killing aliens.

R.I.P. Commander Kozlova.
I really tried to get into it. I just can't do it. Get overwhelmed, when I get in a battle I get killed by Aliens that can see me even though I can't see them.
Last night, I completed Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim. It was a lot fun and challenging to find certain items kind of like in the first two Ys games.

I hope GOG can get hold of Ys: Memories of Celceta in the near future.
Post edited June 19, 2015 by infinite9
infinite9: Last night, I completed Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim. It was a lot fun and challenging to find certain items kind of like in the first two Ys games.

Isn't that the vita exclusive?
I'd love to play it on PC, it looks and performs like crap on Vita.
infinite9: Last night, I completed Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim. It was a lot fun and challenging to find certain items kind of like in the first two Ys games.

omega64: Isn't that the vita exclusive?
According to a quick search, it looks like it is only on Vita but I heard it might be on PC. I do not know that much but I do know a lot of the Ys games are actually remakes and replacements for older Ys games.
LEGO Jurassic World

Another excellent game from the LEGO series. Frankly, there's really a lot of content in that game : you have to play the 3 first movies then Jurassic World. Okay, each movie is not as long as a full-fledged game, but frankly, it's enough to keep the tension high. Plus in the free roaming parts, there's now also a lot of things to do (a little like LEGO Marvel) : races, photographies, etc...

So, it took me a little less than 11h to finish the game, but almost in a straight line. I expect to spend much more on that game now trying to unlock everything.

Yes, I'm a biiiiiig fan of the LEGO games, and I don't regret buying that one the full release price, it was worth it (but please, Tt, fix the damn lagging in some parts!!)

So far in 2015 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
omega64: Isn't that the vita exclusive?
There is (will be?) a PC version of Memories of Celceta on China, along with Ys Seven.
Finished Costume Quest.

It is a nice little "I have 10-15mins time that I need to fill" game. Meaning that while it is cute, it is also very repetitive so it gets boring fast. I played it whenever when I had a short amount of time I wanted to fill and for that it was perfect.
skeletonbow: snip
Yeah, I don't see anyone completing Skyrim and doing everything in 200 hours either. I've got 325 hours in, and I'm NOT EVEN CLOSE to being done. Nowhere near it. I've got almost half the map still unexplored.

Yeah, I'm anal. I go everywhere, talk to everyone, look in everything, etc. etc. It's the only way I know how to play. Plus, it's what I learned playing RPG's of the 80's. You never knew what insignificant little item or place turned out to be critical to completing the game.

I haven't played that game now in over six months, so I fear I've forgotten so much I may need to start over. I may never finish Skyrim. This may be one game that is just TOO MUCH.
Avernum 2 Crystal Souls

Just like the first game: explore and uncover every tile, talk to anything that talks, take anything not nailed down and beat up anything that looks at you funny. Bought it in the first week of the summer sale and finished it before the sale ended after approx 40 hours or so. For me these Spiderweb games are the definition of how i like an RPG's story to progress. The story comes together via exploration and just slowly uncovering the world and listening (okay reading in this case) what the characters have to say instead of having to be led around and beaten over the head by cut scenes all the time, as is the trend in modern RPG's. For me repeated cut scenes and scripted events breaks the immersion and takes me out of a game.

So yes, i liked Crystal Souls. It would be perfectly playable stand alone by a gamer that hasn't played part 1, but I'd recommend doing them in order simply because the designer filled the game world with heaps of returning NPC's which leads to "oh yeah, i remember you" moments which, of course someone that is only playing the second game would miss out on entirely- though nothing essential to the story though.

Not one glitch or crash for the entire game, and only two nitpicks: 1. Whilst the graphics are clear and functional and the interface is good, just a bit more variety in textures or a few new tile sets would be nice over the course of the game. You've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer, graphics wise, in the first 2 hours, then it's the same textures for the next 38.
2. The path finding during battles can really drive you bat-shit sometimes. So often you click on a spot to move to thinking it looks obviously a simple straight forward move, only to have your character run off in the exact opposite direction using a path that hasn't even been uncovered yet. This tends to force a bit of tedious movement micro management during some battles.

So now I'll take a break from Avernum whilst i wait for the remake of part 3. In the meantime i have two Avadon games and five Geneforge games to play i suppose.
Post edited June 20, 2015 by CMOT70