It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Games i finished in 2014 so far:
Crimson Skies High Road To Revenge
Star Wars Battle For Naboo
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron
ObsCure II

After the first game, I had high expectations for the sequel. Sure, the prequel wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty good and I wondered how well the developers would improve the next game. Maybe they had learned from some of their mistakes: extend the length, hone the combat, flesh out the characters more, and things like that? But no...unfortunately, the sequel is much, much worse than the prequel. No, wait, let me rephrase that...

This game was the most wretched piece of shit of a game I've played in a really, really long time. You'd think they would improve everything? Well, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Everything is done fucking horribly. First of all: the controls (because that's the first thing I noticed). The left shoulderbutton aims, the right one fires. What the fuck, man? Those are goddamn secondary controls on a pad! Oh well, at least proper combat didn't require three thumbs this time. Not that it matters: combat (at least melee) is plain button mashing to see who dies first, you or your opponent. The camera is unbelievably bad. You have some control over it this time, but it does not help, pretty much at all. The first ObsCure wasn't exactly an open world either, but now everything is a really, really tight corridor and the levels (or should I say rooms, even if it's an open lake in question) are very artificially walled. You constantly have a buddy with you, so naturally they are blocking your path all the fucking time. They absolutely suck at melee combat, waiting in anticipation to get hit. Save points are too few and far between. The characters are really annoying, ugly, implausible and their voice acting sucks. They even haul some professor guy along, who never really does anything worthwhile and naturally betrays them during the atrociously shitty plot. They all have some special ability (like one dude can move crates and such) so you're constantly running back and forth to get them from their gathering point because there's a locker than only one guy can open or whatever.

And probably the one thing that pissed me off the most: at one point, you fight a retarded hillbilly (alongside his tree father), and when you kill him, the credits roll. Then the game progresses on as normal. No, what follows isn't a bonus level or anything. The main plot continues after the credits. About an hour later, you fight another boss (one that you had actually already killed before, but why not): then the credits roll, AGAIN. The absolutely same credits. I cannot express how much rage this generated in me. Surely the developers want their name recognized (although I'm not exactly sure why, given how bad the game is), but to display the credits two times during the campaign? Oh fuck you. I really don't care who did what, and I especially don't need to see their names twice. So, to summarize: think of a game such as Resident Evil. Now imagine that all of it was squeezed to narrow tube-like corridors, that all of the game elements were done a hundred times worse, and that the plot was written by a thirteen-year old horror enthusiast with no actual experience and know-how on the field. Imagine that all of the game was done without any soul and nothing in mind except for a quick buck from a gullible audience. What you are imagining, is the epitome of ObsCure II.
I just managed to escape from the Tower in Escape Goat 2. I rescued 15 out of 16 sheep because I figure we can clone one as they all look the same :D.

Correction: I just rescued the 16th sheep :D
Attachments:
Post edited March 29, 2014 by JudasIscariot
Surgery Simulator 2011
I don't know why, but I bought the Simulation Groupee and played Surgery Simulator 2011. Not as bad as some other games in the bundle, but also not really a good game. There are just eight different operations you can perform which means there is not much variety. The controls are pretty inaccurate, so you will often get an error even when you work completely accurate (which is really a bad thing for such a game).

On easy it will only take about one or two hours to complete the game, on normal or hard it will take longer, because you spend much more time to keep the vital signs of the patient in balance (and often fail without any real reason).

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Theme Hospital (29th March 5:50pm)

Wow I beat Theme hospital, the game is hard until you know what you are doing. After that the game does get boring quite a bit.

Apart from the bugs, the earthquakes and the world's fastest health inspector its a great game. Some one should do a remake (not EA)
Recently I finally got around to completing F.E.A.R.'s expansions, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. Both were more action-packed than the original (which I still prefer, with F.E.A.R. 2 being awesome as well and Call of F.E.A.R. 3 isn't even worth talking about), but both still had some nice jump scares giving me a slight adrenaline rush from time to time. Good games both, though a bit short (4-5 hours per game).
I finished Unemployment Quest. It was very short and combats were most of time dull... and there was not much more to the game. So it was a bit disappointing.

Full list here.
SNES Castlevania 4

I bought and beat this game when it first came out for the Super Nintendo. Who knows where that console is now, but when I figured out that I could download it onto the Wii, I treated myself to a little nostalgia. It was a blast to see some of the backgrounds that I remembered, and the rotating room and barrel roll room were great to see again. But what really stood out for me in this game was the music. A lot of the atmosphere in this game was from the music alone.

It didn't put up too much of a challenge, that is until I made it to the end boss, Dracula. Man, I had way too hard of a time defeating him. Everyone who had done a walkthrough on the game commented on how easy they thought he was, but I really struggled with that one.

Overall, a great installment from an equally great series.

My 2014 list
Post edited March 29, 2014 by WeR138
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms

Finally finished the campaign for the original game after what seemed like years. I think I took at least a dozen month long breaks from this one, usually after only playing through a few missions at a time. The game is pretty fun overall, especially if you're into RTS, although I can't say that I'm a fan of the "no building" missions where you have to micromanage a specific set of units towards a set goal without any base building. Also, it sucks that the ending cinematic for the original campaign is overwritten by the ending cinematic of Iron Plague if you have the expansion installed.

I'll probably continue playing through the Iron Plague now, for the next few years or so. :-)
WeR138: SNES Castlevania 4

It didn't put up too much of a challenge, that is until I made it to the end boss, Dracula. Man, I had way too hard of a time defeating him. Everyone who had done a walkthrough on the game commented on how easy they thought he was, but I really struggled with that one.
I always found Death to be harder than Dracula in this game. What was it about his pattern that got you, if you don't mind my asking?
I just finished Fallout 3 (including all the DLC packs) - What an absolutely broken, poorly designed mess. Seriously, I feel like this is the second most broken retail game.

I still did enjoy it, but it's definitely not a great game - In fact, I've played all the Fallout games prior to Fallout 3 (except Brotherhood of Steel...), and I would say this is certainly the worst of them.
Post edited March 31, 2014 by Austrobogulator
Season of Mystery : The Cherry Blossom Murders (30th March 5;20pm)

A nice little fun hidden object game. The story is so and so but finding some of these objects is hard. The only issue I had with it is that some of the objects are placed in the same place over and over again.
Ackwastaken: I always found Death to be harder than Dracula in this game. What was it about his pattern that got you, if you don't mind my asking?
I guess it was just that with every other boss in the game, there seemed to be a "safe" spot that you could stand in and they wouldn't land on you. With Dracula, he could appear anywhere, so that when he had summoned his two pillars of flame, you had to constantly be dodging and could be boxed-in if you weren't careful. And then it took me a while to figure out that the safest place to stand when he summoned the lightning was right beside him. I'm embarrassed to admit I had him down to 1 red bar on his life meter quite a few times, before I figured out the lightning trick.

As far as Death went, I beat him on the third try. Just stood in the left hand corner and whipped his hand scythes when he threw them, then came out and whacked him when he flung the two-handed one. He seemed the easiest of the last 4 to me, but I had also read that a lot of people seemed to have trouble with him.
Post edited March 30, 2014 by WeR138
Ok so I finished Ether One again but this time I got the true ending :D
Finished last night:
Bioshock: Infinite - Burial At Sea, Episode Two

Finished today:
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on Story Mode.
Took the choice on the "Left."

Added them to my ongoing completion list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79