It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Runespell: Overture

It was "merely ok". Despite its looks, it's actually not really CCG - more like the Puzzle Quest / Poker hybrid that it's been called in some reviews, with some Fairy Solitaire thrown in for good measure. Sounds like an addictive, can't lose formula, right? Well not really, at least not for me. Also the story ending leaves a lot to be desired.
System Shock 2

this was quite enjoyable to play, despite its age it was quite gripping and a well told plot if you listened to all of the audio logs that were to be found through the game. the only gameplay issue was a one off where the game for some odd reason activated god mode for no apparent reason however this issue was fixed by leavening the sector and re entering it and sorting the issue out. outher than that It was an enjoyable game that could be played again using a different character setup and peruse a different course through the game.

I would finally like to say thank you again to schnuff who ninja dropped this game in the ninja forums.

See what else I have been upto here!
Post edited March 23, 2014 by platercake
platercake: System Sock 2
Never heard of that game :P
JudasIscariot: Never heard of that game :P
haha I see what happened there :P oops.

That's something to laugh about I suppose!
Post edited March 23, 2014 by platercake
Well, I just recently finished Ether One but I am NOT finished with it, if that makes any sense :)

Click here for my impressions of the game :)
kalirion: Superfrog HD

Didn't care for this one at all, finished just to cross it off the backlog. Took 4 hours over several months...
4 hours eh. I'll give it another go. It's been months since I last played it.
CarrionCrow: If that is what clarification has provided, a little (or A LOT) less clarity might be in order. And if you're finding that you're still in the mood to gibber inane cliched one-liners, I would request that any further "pearls of wisdom" be delivered via message. While not giving much of a shit in general, I would at least like to adhere to general etiquette regarding thread derailment. Unless of course your entire intent is to be a "drama" whore.

Edit - And now, back to part 37 of trying to finish Titan Quest before my index finger falls off.
dirtyharry50: Normally, this thread is pretty good with people providing feedback where ideally they share info not only about what they played and liked or disliked but why they felt the way that they did. Those sort of posts are interesting and worthwhile. Maybe it is just me but posts bursting with drama and lacking in substance are just distractions.

I once posted a little mini-review about a game I liked in last year's thread and someone went insane with a reply about how horrible the game was, it was the worst game ever made, it was an abomination, etc., etc. at length and I thought to myself, was that really necessary? It felt more like an attack than a conversation. I don't think I have posted about what I've played since because of that. I'm not up for that. I do like keeping track of what I've played here though which ain't much this year so far.

I get the impression you are a smart guy and could if you cared to, offer a critique of the game breaking down how it fails so miserably in your eyes. That would have been interesting to read but a whole lot of "venom" spewing as you called it really isn't honestly. It's just shit frankly. That is why more than just myself called you out on it.

I'm kinda sorry I bothered now. I don't know why I bother to say much of anything around here anymore really. Lurking is alright though. I do enjoy reading some people's posts still.
Well, it's a bit of a catch-all phrase for me throwing out everything negative that comes to mind. It's simplistic, I know. Not wishing to do anything drama-related, just would like to apologize. Got reminded today that even though it's the internet, it's not about fights to win, points to make, or venomous shittiness to throw. More used to fighting than talking by far, and it looks like that's my default setting, inappropriate though it may be. And so again, I'm sorry about that. Could have worded my comments much more eloquently and much less insanely. Just something about that that set me off, and it went downhill from there. Not wishing to derail the thread or throw off the vibe, would have messaged but figured I should post it here so people who want to talk about games wouldn't think that their potential annoyance at my shit wasn't considered. Conversation is definitely preferable to all the other options, to be sure. No more thread derailment, back to playing games, enjoying them as much as possible and then sharing those experiences. Have a good evening.
Post edited March 23, 2014 by CarrionCrow
JudasIscariot: Never heard of that game :P
It's the sock puppet version of System Shock 2 :o
Here are few games I've managed to finish recently (this month)

MURI
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - Episode 1 : Fright of the Bumblebees
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - Episode 2 : The Last Resort

MURI, this is old school style 2D shooter/platformer from Daniel Remar, same dude that did Iji and Hero Core among other things. Anyway, as far as I see/know this is his first "commercial" game. IE. comes with a price tag. Game is super fun and enjoyable, maybe tad short. Finished somewhat easily in few hours on normal level. Of course the game has multiple difficulty levels, but I just don't have luxury of playing the game again. Still! A warmly recommended game!

Started playing the Telltale's Wallace & Gromit games recently. Triggered by no doubt the license expiry while back. Even though the games are not going anywhere from my collection. Finished so far the two first games. Not so very much to say about these. Both decent enough light point&click games. Games are funny and all, but probably a Wallace & Gromit fan would get more out of these. Only complaint I would have is the pacing, which seems to be the general complaint about these games. S L O W.
Adding Redshirt to the finished list. Picked it up last week during the sale on GOG. The idea behind it is good/different but the execution leaves a bit to be desired. Sometimes is hard to find what you want in the interface, but it does reflect the reality of Facebook, so I'm unsure if this is plus or a minus :)

The game itself feels easy. At one point I had over 100 days left and was making 1000 a day, so buying the ticked to get of the station was pretty much guaranteed. I did try to still advance in rank and maybe hook up with an Ambassador to spice things up but it turned out I didn't have to do that. I got a prompt that the Commander was leaving the station and was taking me along if I agreed, as the Commander's Assistant. The only problem with that was that I was not actually the Commander's Assistant. I was in a "relationship" with the chick who was the supervisor for that position... maybe she was the Commander? I don't know. It felt like a bug, but since the game was tedious by that point I agreed and roll the credits! For the 5$ payed it was fun and addictive enough.
Finished pid
hack,slash, loot
and yet it moves
mirror edges
Post edited March 24, 2014 by GastonArg
GastonArg: hack,slash, loot
How did you finish Hack, Slash, Loot (and how do you define finished in this case)? I gave up on this game after a few hours, because I felt success relied completely on luck and had nothing to do with the skill of the player. Did I miss something or were you just extremely lucky to see the end of the game?
GastonArg: hack,slash, loot
PaterAlf: How did you finish Hack, Slash, Loot (and how do you define finished in this case)? I gave up on this game after a few hours, because I felt success relied completely on luck and had nothing to do with the skill of the player. Did I miss something or were you just extremely lucky to see the end of the game?
finishing one of the quest to me is finishing the game at least once, each quest consist in a map of 5 floors where in the last floor you fight a boss and win an item that you can carry to another quest.
The game is hard and unfair like no other, but if you play it strategically you can beat it with a lot of time and patience :P

Play with the amazon character, and play the quest Mask of the boy king, it will be hard but possible, it's all about the items you got and the stats that the items have, like for some floor you will need poison resist and for another one fire resist (in the last level the mommy have resistant to holy weapons like the one you have so you need to attack her with another weapon) and yes it's almost pure luck to obtain the right items, then with the mask that you earn on that campaign play again with the amazon but this time tower of the magus and so on.
I managed to beat those 2 campaign so far (+15hours played ) but now it's kind of annoying so I drop it, maybe in the future I'll try to do another quest.

Even the game tells you how many times you have won
Attachments:
hack.jpg (333 Kb)
Post edited March 24, 2014 by GastonArg
GastonArg: finishing one of the quest to me is finishing the game at least once, each quest consist in a map of 5 floors where in the last floor you fight a boss and win an item that you can carry to another quest.
The game is hard and unfair like no other, but if you play it strategically you can beat it with a lot of time and patience :P

Play with the amazon character, and play the quest Mask of the boy king, it will be hard but possible, it's all about the items you got and the stats that the items have, like for some floor you will need poison resist and for another one fire resist (in the last level the mommy have resistant to holy weapons like the one you have so you need to attack her with another weapon) and yes it's almost pure luck to obtain the right items, then with the mask that you earn on that campaign play again with the amazon but this time tower of the magus and so on.
I managed to beat those 2 campaign so far (+15hours played ) but now it's kind of annoying so I drop it, maybe in the future I'll try to do another quest.

Even the game tells you how many times you have won
Thank you. Didn't know that each quest consists of just 5 floors. That means that I was on the last floor at least once when I played it back then. Maybe I should give it another try at one of my forthcomig nightshifts.
Just finished Shadowrun Returns (Dead Man's Switch) and while I can understand the comments on the linearity of the story and the disappointments some emblematic characters were, I still enjoyed it a lot, having been an active pen-and-paper Shadowrun gamemaster. This game fulfilled my fond memories of the pen-and-paper game!

So, in the future, I will certainly play the add-on, since I heard it was even better, I might also try some UGC, but for the moment I'll try to empty a little more my huge backlog...

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132