It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wolfenstein 3D+Spear of Destiny

Wolfenstein 3D; the first mainstream FPS. But how well does it hold out? Truth be told, not all that well. Too much texture repetition hurts the game and so does a limited amount of weapons (which are only progressively stronger and use the same ammo), some annoying game design like enemies able to shoot you from corners while you can't, crappy control which doesn't allow you to strafe and turn at the same time and too many narrow areas with "strategically"-placed enemies to ensure maximum damage.

Still, I liked its short stages, its shoot and run approach, the fact that enemies try to flank you at times and, above all else, the music. All in all, I would say that the game has been surpassed completely by Doom, but can still give you the odd chuckle of fighting Adolf Hitler in a mecha suit.

P.S.: The game is very much a case of kill or be killed on Death Incarnate difficulty. (the highest)

And, here is the list
Post edited March 12, 2014 by Grargar
Dangerous Dave in the Deserted Pirate's Hangout (9th March 0:45am)

A fun but hard (well the last two levels) platformer. A nice look at one of the most important figures of PC gaming icons. I do like the wrap tunnels and the jetpack. Does feel like a early apogee platformer
Batman: Arkham Origins

Finished the story, but I'm gonna continue playing to find all the collectibles, take out Enigma, and complete the combat and predator challenges. A lot was recycled from Arkham City for this game: the combat's the same, the city looks the same, the Riddler challenges are the same...but that's alright. I liked Arkham Asylum and Arkham City so much, I 100% completed them, and I may do the same in this case. I mean, even though such a huge amount of content was recycled, that's fine because that content is fucking ace. I would've liked if the main story were a little longer, and it ends pretty much without a warning: you're defusing bombs at the bridge and fighting Firefly, and after that you're forced to go visit the Batcave and after that, Blackgate Prison. I would've liked it, if the game let me finish the extra stuff first without forcefully yanking me to the final area without a notice. Also, since the game is called Origins, I would've expected to learn some actual origins of these characters. I think Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn) is the only character that's shown in her pre-criminal form. Everyone else is already there: they're just a little bit younger, and the game doesn't really tell us a story how some of these characters came to be. Finally, about the cast list: I've heard a lot of complaints about the game featuring a D-list of Batman villains, but I thought they were a refreshing change of pace. I hadn't heard of some of the characters before (like Copperhead or Electrocutioner), so it was interesting to find out what kind of characters these were. And hey, the game still features a couple of the better-known characters, so I'm not sure what the fuzz was about. Anyway, I'm getting distracted, summarized verdict of the game: a lot has been recycled, but it is still a fun Batman game. Although, I would probably recommend the earlier Batman games developed by Rocksteady over this one to those who haven't played any of them yet, because of the lack of new ideas and a short main story.
Post edited March 09, 2014 by DProject
Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum. I hated the fight before the final fight (more enemies does NOT mean harder difficulty) Other than that it wasn't too bad. I'll download the next in the series later this month.

My list so far:
I bought and finished Tappingo on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, a recently released puzzle game where you extend lines to create a picture. Took about 4½ hours to complete, which I think is okay for a €3 game.

Unfortunately, it suffers from what I consider to be a fatal flaw for this genre: multiple valid solutions for several puzzles.

It also gets a bit annoying in the second half of puzzles, because each "tile" gets very small, and that's hard to hit with a stylus. The game does have D-pad control as well (but not in menus...), but it feels clunky - more than Picross ever did.

It's a shame; I like the concept, but that one problem is too severe for me to be able to recommend it.
Post edited March 09, 2014 by Pidgeot
Pidgeot: I bought and finished Tappingo on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, a recently released puzzle game where you extend lines to create a picture. Took about 4½ hours to complete, which I think is okay for a €3 game.

Unfortunately, it suffers from what I consider to be a fatal flaw for this genre: multiple valid solutions for several puzzles.

It also gets a bit annoying in the second half of puzzles, because each "tile" gets very small, and that's hard to hit with a stylus. The game does have D-pad control as well (but not in menus...), but it feels clunky - more than Picross ever did.

It's a shame; I like the concept, but that one problem is too severe for me to be able to recommend it.
Wish it were available here :( Even if it is an ersatz Picross.
Finished Shadow Warrior (2014 reboot).

What a game, what a game! I must admit I didn't expect anything from a reboot and frankly, the reboot is better than the original game! Challenging but rewarding, beautiful with a real scenario (for an FPS!!!), this game hooked me until the very end!

Congrats to Flying Wild Hog, that's close to a masterpiece!

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Dave Goes Nutz (10th March 20:25pm)

Don't kill me but I think it is better then haunted House. Some of the levels and enemies are cheap but the overall the game is fun (which is the most important thing)
Finished Renegade Ops and the Coldstrike campaign. It was a lot of fun !!! Definitely worth the price if you want some real fun with mindless killing/destruction and an over-the-top scenario.

Full list here.
Post edited March 10, 2014 by sebarnolds
Dangerous Dave's Risky Rescue (11th March 8:55am)

Another great Dangerous dave game
Avencast - Rise of the Mage

I played through it as a soul mage. At its best, it reminded me a bit of Nox, or a less linear, more RPG-like Magicka, or maybe a nice Neverwinter Nights module. At its worst, it felt like Dungeon Siege, the NWN main campaign, or the last chapter of Divine Divinity. All in all, I'd say the average ratings of 6-7/10 are justified.

I feel this could have been a much better game than it turned out to be in the end. The graphics aren't state-of-the-art for 2007, but - apart from the PC's clothing - I found them nice enough, and they made the game feel like an early 2000 classic, which is not a bad thing in my book. The WASD+mouse controls and the camera worked quite well for me, the combat system was really fun and the spells were great, and there were some nice ideas in the level design, I particularly liked the puzzle parts in the crypt. The soundtrack was quite good, too. The story, well, it's not that bad per se, if you have never played an RPG before, but the general plot is incredibly formulaic and clichéd, with a few weird but rather insignificant bits thrown into the mix. It doesn't matter all that much though, since the game is more action-oriented and the story parts would be quite unobtrusive, if it weren't for the awfully slow voiceovers - actually the first time I checked out this game, I lost interest even before the combat tutorial because it was so boring to listen to the first dialogues. Luckily I found out that you just have to click the mouse button and the NPCs shut up and let you read their text all at once. The worst though is that despite the good combat system the game still manages to let the fights become tedious by overstaying its welcome and throwing lots of otherwise empty hallways and rooms with more or less the same kind of opponents and traps at you, especially during the second half (the infamous curse of the RPG genre, it seems). I also ran into a few bugs, like monsters getting stuck in the walls, a boss vanishing and me not being able to finish two side quests because of an NPC and a quest item apparantly not being where they're supposed to be. And later on the game would occasionally freeze for a second now and then, despite my comparatively powerful system.

Maybe they should have saved the money they spent on the voiceovers and instead payed someone to put more diversion in the dungeon crawls, or they could have made the game only half as long as it is (and it's not that long compared to other RPGs). Under these conditions it could have become a favorite of mine. But it turned out a mixed bag; too interesting to abandon it halfway through, too tedious too really enjoy it all the time. Kudos to the dev's for releasing the tool for players to create their own adventures with - the engine seems quite promising for great fan-made modules, but as far as I know, noone actually released one. :/

One thing that struck me as odd is that if you play the English version, the background mumbling of the students is still in German (apparantly the original language, Clockstone appears to be an Austrian studio), but if you play it in German, the text seems less polished (punctuation, case sensitivity etc.). In the end I decided to play it in English.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by Leroux
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

It felt very Song of Fire and Ice-like with all the politics going on. And it was much more intense playing this game blind without tinkering with the Zodiac system and genders, etc.

My only dissipointment is how the plot turned out to be in that they mention some characters, but we never seen them like what ever happened that Child prince who the powers that be that were going to crown him king should they succeed.
Include me

Arcanum
Gorky 17
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded
Quest for Glory 4
Quest for Glory 5
Trine
Trine 2
Post edited October 24, 2014 by woosk
include me

So far, I've finished:

King's Quest 1 (remake)
King's Quest 2 (remake)
King's Quest 3 (remake)
Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic
The Secret of Monkey Island
Path of Exile

Ive beaten the game on normal difficulty. was really fun. that was also my first hack and slash game ive ever beaten. will probably play more on cruel level but not at the pace ive done in last couple of days.