It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thiefer: Spelunky
212 deaths to finally defeat Olmec. Not even going to consider going through Hell to take on Yama.
Go on, do it!
Also, I would say 212 is above average for defeating Olmec for the first time.
Candy Escape Goat Sage

Magical Time Bean has such style.
NONE!
The Pandora Directive (22nd Feb 10:07pm)

I think Over a killing moon is a lot better. This get bogged down in alien stuff and I kind of lost interest
Spirited Heart Complete - Princess maker'esque dating sim VN

All I can say is stay away. It's boring and reprtive as hell. Almost everything is based on luck (how well you did on particular activity, skill/money gain, random encounters (that can make you lose months worth of skills or earnings), effects on health and morale, wether or not you encounter romanceable character during workweek)

Skills and stats have limited use:
* They only effect your work if stat for the job is maxed out when and you always succeed and get bonus earnings
* There's stat requirement for better paying jobs
* You can avoid bad effects in certain encounters and maybe get choise that improves stats in certain others (I only encountered one) if you have certain stats or skills. Bad random events are frequent, good are rare.

The romances are a joke. The dialogue is bad. Two choises per encounter (one rises romance stat, other does not(I did not encounter one romanceable character anymore after making wrong choise on first encounter)). The choises are not clear on what dialog they cause. The player character seems to fall in love for ever freaking male character on first encounter (they blush and swoom all over them from start, skills and stats have no effect on dialog). It was so bad that I had to turn off the male romance options in order not to puke. As far as I can tell, there is no branching (only played thru one romance). The romance I did was over in less than 12 choises. Once you are engaged you increase the romance counter by spending time (option, no dialog, just bit of flavor text) or going on vacation with your lover (again just falor text, same each time) until you get choise to marry.

At certain point a goddess comes to visit you and you have to achieve certain (random) title. The problem is, at least for me, all of the offered (I save scummed to check) required completely different skills than I was building and would need me to do jobs that would not allow me to me the person I'm romancing. Oh and achieving the title ends the game as does marriage.

The job system are probably worst created by man. It trying to get at or as close as possible to random number with four dice without going over. Closer you get to the number, the better you did in work. One dice is revealed and you have reveal dice (they are predetermined so save before this) until you are satisfied with number or went over the target number. No, there's no rerolling or anything else and skills/stats have no effect unless it's maxed out. Btw, getting poor (too far away or over) means no sallary, no skill increase and health/mood takes a hit (teaching: you can learn nothing from failure). And btw, you repeat this several hundred times before game end. If you take this part out of the game it's over in 10-15 minutes but due to this it takes ~6-7 hours per game (probably more if you don't savescum).

Game practically encourages save scumming due to disasterous effect of random encounters (btw, friend having a wedding causes serious loses in skills, they are nothing to be happy about unlike in RL) and failing at work have and due to vaque choises in romance encounters. You savescum to avoid bad events, you save scum to ensure that the romance choise is right one, you savescumm to do best possible at work (and thus increasing skill the most and gaining most money out of it). Unless you do game can randomly send you back hour of effort in money and skills/stats and in worst case put you in situation you can not recover from.

Game also crashes sometimes (2 times in 4 hour session, once more on second session before the end).

Protagonist is female (three race choises: human, elf and demon) and while that's not a problem with me (I've enjoyed number of lesbian romance VN's), it may turn some other off. There are 12 romance choises: 6 male and 6 female (later six added by expansion).

1/10 - Utterly unrewarding waste of time. And that's from someone who likes these sorts of games (have gone thru dozens each with number of romance tracks/choises).
Post edited February 22, 2014 by Petrell
Hotline Miami
This one was a positive surprise to me. I expected nothing but a simple action game without a real story. In fact an action game I got, but it is a pretty intelligent one and on a meta-level it also is quite critical comment about video games and senseless violence.

Now I'm curious to see what they will come up with in the sequel. Seems impossible to me to simply copy the concept of the first one.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Holy butt turnip! I finally finished Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion. Shit that got hard without any cheats.
Austrobogulator: Holy butt turnip! I finally finished Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion. Shit that got hard without any cheats.
I agree. That game was pretty hard, but I enjoyed it the most out of the Dangerous Dave Pack. The next two aren't very challenging in my opinion.
Austrobogulator: Holy butt turnip! I finally finished Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion. Shit that got hard without any cheats.
OvaltineJenkins: I agree. That game was pretty hard, but I enjoyed it the most out of the Dangerous Dave Pack. The next two aren't very challenging in my opinion.
Still worth playing them? Do they have some kind of proper save system or is it just generally not as hard?
Austrobogulator: Still worth playing them? Do they have some kind of proper save system or is it just generally not as hard?
There is a save system in the last 2 games, but I didn't really need to use it.

The last 2 games are not very balanced. In both games extra lives are very easy to get. I think I ended up beating both games with 50+ lives remaining. Don't get me wrong. I would die a lot in some levels. There just isn't a penalty for dying like in the first one.

I would say they are worth playing if you liked the Haunted Mansion.
Austrobogulator: Still worth playing them? Do they have some kind of proper save system or is it just generally not as hard?
OvaltineJenkins: There is a save system in the last 2 games, but I didn't really need to use it.

The last 2 games are not very balanced. In both games extra lives are very easy to get. I think I ended up beating both games with 50+ lives remaining. Don't get me wrong. I would die a lot in some levels. There just isn't a penalty for dying like in the first one.

I would say they are worth playing if you liked the Haunted Mansion.
Just started playing Risky Rescue, really not feeling it so far. It definitely seems like a step backwards. Ironically, I feel like I should go play the very first Dangerous Dave instead...
Antichamber

I had thought I was burned out on puzzle games of all types, but this one really drew me in. And I only needed to use an online solution for one non-essential puzzle after I had already completed the game on my own :)
kalirion: Antichamber

I had thought I was burned out on puzzle games of all types, but this one really drew me in. And I only needed to use an online solution for one non-essential puzzle after I had already completed the game on my own :)
Antichamber is fantastic! My second favourite from last year. Absolutely mind-bending in the best way possible.
Just finished 'Heritage of Kings'. I don't ever plan to play that one again. :D
tinyE: Just finished 'Heritage of Kings'. I don't ever plan to play that one again. :D
There is an expansion pack for this game. :p